Who gives us the best chance to win the LDC?

Harbaugh

38 members have voted

1. 1. Wich QB gives us the best chance to win Sunday afternoon?

• Brohm
    • Nichols
    • Davis

I went with Brohm but... that's only because Nichols hasn't been here long enough to learn the O, i mean really, if the guy could learn the O in 2 days... What that tells me is the O is definitely written in Crayons... and quite frankly, it doesn't really matter who we start at QB but... since that's just my guess as to what the playbook is written in ;) Brohm for sure since he's been here longer and in all honesty, last year when he did get his one start, he went 14 of 23 for 194 yards passing. Not bad, better than Marve last week by about double. 

I was thinking about going with Davis also, and to be honest, it wouldn't shock me to see him get some reps this game.. 

Guy looked good in the pre-season with Calgary going 9/10 i believe... plus how much film would SASK have on the guy... None really... Don't really know what to expect from Davis...

But thinking about this a bit more... I'll change my answer from Brohm to... it doesn't matter who we start, Our D needs to play well, Our Special Teams need to play well, we need to use the run game... if the QB regardless of who he is can just manage the game and not turn the ball over, i think we will be ok. 

I'll just add this... I don't think you need your QB to really win you the game, IMO, if the QB manages the game well, doesn't throw any picks or stuff like that... just manages the game... let's say even 14/23 for 194 yards or so... doesn't need to throw for 300 yards... you have a chance.. If he throws picks and doesn't move the ball at all, like last game really, DONE LIKE DINNER.

QB doesn't necessarily need to win the game but... what the QB can't do really is cost you the game by throwing picks. 

I'll go with Davis, Nichols isn't ready and he can't possibly be worse than Brohm.

I'm actually starting to lean towards that too.

Don't be too sure. Winnipeg has the uncanny knack of coming across some of the worst QBs this league has been subjected to. And I wish I was kidding.

What do I expect from D. Davis? Certainly nowhere near the QBing that the other DD provides.

I went with Brohm but... that's only because Nichols hasn't been here long enough to learn the O, i mean really, if the guy could learn the O in 2 days... What that tells me is the O is definitely written in Crayons... and quite frankly, it doesn't really matter who we start at QB but... since that's just my guess as to what the playbook is written in ;) Brohm for sure since he's been here longer and in all honesty, last year when he did get his one start, he went 14 of 23 for 194 yards passing. Not bad, better than Marve last week by about double. 

Its funny that you keep bringing up his 'only start' as a modest success...  The game was basically out of hand by the time Marve came in and almost made a comeback.  That's when everyone started cheering for him, ha.

I'll go with Davis, Nichols isn't ready and he can't possibly be worse than Brohm.

Don't be too sure. Winnipeg has the uncanny knack of coming across some of the worst QBs this league has been subjected to. And I wish I was kidding.

What do I expect from D. Davis? Certainly nowhere near the QBing that the other DD provides.

Is it near better than Brohm?

Confirmed. Brohm starting.

Hmmm Interesting Brohm also got the start vs Edmonton last year going 19/34 for over 200 yards... O TD's, O picks tho

That Calgary game where he got hurt..again 0 TD's and No Picks

Marve came in went 5/10 for 64 yards.. No Tds, No Picks and had 5 rushed for 36 yards.. No TDs...

Not exactly sure how going 5/10 for 64 yards is exactly coming in and making a game out of it. 

I went with Davis, if he was a Murphy find then he probably has something they liked. Brohm has next to no mobility either and he isn't a strong enough passer to threaten a pick up game in the park.

I'll be the first to admit that i will be happy when Brohm is sent packing but... this whole making stuff up that people are doing here just cuz they don't like the guy is pretty ridiculous at times. 

Brohm definitely has an arm, that's basically why he was drafted to the NFL years ago.. cuz the guy put up huge numbers in college. 

Is this right? the bombers haven't won in regina on labor day in 10 years?

If so, wow.. don't matter who we start but... it's kind of funny... the amount of people just shitting all over Brohm this past week on here... it just, get this feeling that he plays well and we actually win, wouldn't that be something, haven't won there in 10 years on Labor Day...

Win this week and the riders go to 0-10. 

Something about numbers reallly... fascinating stuff at times. 

Our  best chance at winning is if the QB doesn't have to throw 30 times.... Our best chance at winning is if we actually come out and have a good game plan... Honestly, this game is one that will be interesting to watch, It will be interesting to see what plays MB actually calls out there...do we go run heavy? do we go pass heavy? balance of each? IMO, the best chance at us winning isn't what the QB does or doesn't do... It's about what the OC does. 5 yard passes work if you actually hit the guy in stride, crossing patterns, screens, where oh where have you been this year... let's see some of those this game... best chance is to get the ball in to our playmakers hands and let them turn a 5 6 yard pass in to a 10 15 20 yard gain. 

The D and STs playing lights out.

I agree but apparently we can't expect the D to play lights out if the offense can't keep them off the field.

So let's break that down premised on the belief that none of our losses to date can at all be attributed to our defense. 

The key then would be to maximize our defenses first quarter two and outs to help offset the high potential of our offense being brutally frustrating.

By mid 3rd quarter, if our offense is still it's normal self of two and outs/turnovers, we're doomed. Unless of course our special teams do it for us.

Confirmed. Brohm starting.

Hmmm Interesting Brohm also got the start vs Edmonton last year going 19/34 for over 200 yards... O TD's, O picks tho

That Calgary game where he got hurt..again 0 TD's and No Picks

Marve came in went 5/10 for 64 yards.. No Tds, No Picks and had 5 rushed for 36 yards.. No TDs...

Not exactly sure how going 5/10 for 64 yards is exactly coming in and making a game out of it. 

Do you even watch the games?

The Edmonton game was a fkn massacre - Edmonton played prevent all second half and then just stopped Brohm whenever they felt like it.

In Calgary, there were no INTs but Brohm coughed up the ball in the red zone when we were still in it.

Just because Marve didn't score the TDs himself doesn't mean that we didn't score any...

Keep looking up stats if you want, I guess.