Steve Morley

Floyd

Maybe I'm missing something, but what exactly has he done to make him a 'voice of change'? As I'm writing this, I just saw two tweets from him about having Wade Miller more involved in football operations. That's it.

On that point: I think Miller should be involved when hiring and firing (as in, now he should fire Walters and Osh), but I don't think he should be involved more in other football operations. Contrary to what Morley wrote, that's not how good organizations operate. Each person has a role to play. Football ops are left to the GM and HC. When those are not done adequately, then its up to the CEO to replace them and find guys that can do the job better.

The last time we had a CEO get involved of football ops, he spearheaded genius changes such as demanding Jim Daley be brought in as a member of the coaching staff, forced Taman to fire Dave Ritchie for Jim Daley, and went above the GM's head to fire Doug Berry and do a good 'ol buddy hire in Mike Kelly.

Agreed with Captain that that's not how good football clubs operate.

The last time we had a CEO get involved of football ops, he spearheaded genius changes such as demanding Jim Daley be brought in as a member of the coaching staff, forced Taman to fire Dave Ritchie for Jim Daley, and went above the GM's head to fire Doug Berry and do a good 'ol buddy hire in Mike Kelly.

Agreed with Captain that that's not how good football clubs operate.

Well, that's the point.. the last time this happened, we signed Steve Morley for $100k+ as a free agent that no one wanted.

Steve Morley        

@SteveMorley62

@garylawless I know the season's still young but when does Kyle Walters start to regret getting rid of that #2016CFLDraft first round pic?

​Sorry just don't like it... he was our worst OL for years and only kept his job because of Joe Mack horrible draft decisions

Morley's play does not detract from him having a valid opinion, but in this case, I disagree with him. We got a good player right now who might be a good homebrew linebacker for years to come.

Steve Morley        

@garylawless I know the season's still young but when does Kyle Walters start to regret getting rid of that #2016CFLDraft first round pic?

​Sorry just don't like it... he was our worst OL for years and only kept his job because of Joe Mack horrible draft decisions

Wade Miller was a very mediocre player and he controls the team... YIKES! 

@garrettbillan1: @Wpg_BlueBombers Bellefeuille needs to be fired today & Oshea needs to examen how he holds players accountable; he currently doesn't.

@SteveMorley62: @garrettbillan1 Doug Brown tried to ask him after the game about the penalty discipline. Osh wouldn't answer. The jig is up..

@garrettbillan1: @SteveMorley62 Steve as a former player under O'Shea, what are your thoughts on how he disciplines players for stupid/bad penalties?

@SteveMorley62: @garrettbillan1 last year, he would show your penalty on the big screen in team meetings. That's it! Garrett you deserve better!

I'd take Morley at G over Greeves any day and twice on Sundays, Greeves is our worst lineman and it isn't even close, Picard has been trying to cover up for the guy all year but even he can't make up for how bad Greeves is.

I was only able to watch half of the third, and all of the fourth quarter. Greaves gave up 2 sacks in 3 plays early in the 4th I think. He was brutal.

@garrettbillan1: @Wpg_BlueBombers Bellefeuille needs to be fired today & Oshea needs to examen how he holds players accountable; he currently doesn't.

@SteveMorley62: @garrettbillan1 Doug Brown tried to ask him after the game about the penalty discipline. Osh wouldn't answer. The jig is up..

@garrettbillan1: @SteveMorley62 Steve as a former player under O'Shea, what are your thoughts on how he disciplines players for stupid/bad penalties?

@SteveMorley62: @garrettbillan1 last year, he would show your penalty on the big screen in team meetings. That's it! Garrett you deserve better!

The guy is a fkn troll because he was cut...  Wonder what he would have said on twitter when we were all saying he was the weak link on the OL

The guy is a fkn troll because he was cut...  Wonder what he would have said on twitter when we were all saying he was the weak link on the OL

I don't disagree, but it does make a point a lot of us have been saying and getting ridiculed for. O'Shea doesn't hold his players accountable for what they do on the football field.

I don't disagree, but it does make a point a lot of us have been saying and getting ridiculed for. O'Shea doesn't hold his players accountable for what they do on the football field.
I'm no longer in the O'Shea fan club, but what kind of penalty can he impose on a player when that player knows there is no one to step in if he is turfed?

Me neither... but what other ex-player do you see going on twitter openly questioning his former team?  Maybe Morley just discovered twitter and is bored.. hard to say.  Either way, its not the way things should be done.

Its not a big deal I guess... its just that Brock Ralph and Steve Morley were really the two biggest symbols of the rot in this organization...  its strange that he is now a sounding board for fans.  Why not ask - why didn't we cut you in 2011?  Just the fact that we are lamenting Morley's departure now is really quite sad.

I'm no longer in the O'Shea fan club, but what kind of penalty can he impose on a player when that player knows there is no one to step in if he is turfed?

Get Bigg Buff to throw their track suits in the shower.

The guy is a fkn troll because he was cut... Wonder what he would have said on twitter when we were all saying he was the weak link on the OL

He becomes active with the fan base on social media and he's a troll?

If you scroll down his tweets beyond today, he's been disgustingly optimistic about the Bombers and their chances in games. Very supportive of the team and his former team mates. But like the rest of us, today seemed to be a final straw.

The guy is a fkn troll because he was cut... Wonder what he would have said on twitter when we were all saying he was the weak link on the OL

He becomes active with the fan base on social media and he's a troll?

If you scroll down his tweets beyond today, he's been disgustingly optimistic about the Bombers and their chances in games. Very supportive of the team and his former team mates. But like the rest of us, today seemed to be a final straw.

Its most likely how he's wording things. To me it comes off as trying to spark anger at the Bombers. 'You deserve better!' Perhaps that's not his intent, and Tweeting certainly doesn't do him any favours, but its all about wording.

If he had said "I think O'Shea needs to hold players more accountable. He would show penalties on the screen to us, but that clearly isn't working right now" then I think it would be more reasonable criticism.

Steve Morley        

The quality of how he played football has little to do with his level of business acumen.

Steve Morley

@SteveMorley62

The quality of how he played football has little to do with his level of business acumen.

It was said in jest since someone claimed Morley was a bad player therefore he could not have a valid opinion.

Morley had a good tweet last night, if I knew how to post it from my phone I would. He basically said that the Bombers will wait until the offseason to fire 1 coach, rather than fire 1 now and then fire the rest in the offseason. I strongly agree with that tweet.

I'm not usually one for midseason firings, but I'm absolutely tired of getting out coached every week. Sure we are missing some talent in some areas but not that much that we should be getting blown out on a weekly basis, and by an 0-9 team to boot...