Odds and Sods - Game 13 Calgary Stampeders at Winnipeg Blue Bombers

do or die

Whole lotta empty seats....

Stoudermire gets a pick.....which is called back on a PI

...but on same series....gets a legal INT on deflection....

Cornish finding gaping holes to run through...

Stamps misdirection/play action calls ...thing of beauty...

Nice 40 yd throw and catch TD...Nichols to Adams....

Nichols throwing ball well in 1st half......

....finding Moore regularly...

Both teams moving ball pretty well in opening half

BLM getting too much time to throw.....

14-14 at the half.....

Adjustment time......

Bombers D ramp up the hitting, as game goes on.....

Big sticks by Bass, Westerman, Leggett, Adams and Washington.....

Cornish stuffed throughout 2nd half.....for negative yds....

And the Bomber O? 

Uh.....18 yds offense in 3rd Q......

0 (yes, zero) points in first 28 minutes.... of 2nd half....

Stamps dial up pass rush...start crunching pocket on Nichols....

...with no play calls to counter it....par usual....

Painful penalties....on KRs and procedure calls on O.....

Khalil Bass is as good a D player as anyone in this league......

Strong game from Demond Washington....

Westerman still brings the pass rush.....

Some nice punts by Hajrullahu.....

Huge game for Stamps from Marquay McDaniel

Stamps start to pull away.....

...get a forced out catch ruling, on 2nd down

...on a rule that didn't exist... in the last home game

...and proceed to finish off 80 yd drive with TD.....21-14 Calgary...

The Invisible Man....otherwise known as Clarence Denmark...

....finally runs deep downfield for a pass.....

...and gets called for offensive PI.....

Eric Rodgers makes circus catch, in double coverage...

....or not. 

25-14 Calgary....2 minutes to go....

Stoudermire returns punt for 40 yds.....

Kohlert wide open for TD pass.....

Marshall slam in 2 point convert......now 25-22

Blue D gets the 2 and out......Bombers get ball on own 50....

Tthird and less than a yard, Nichols gets first down.....

...but Bombers called for illegal formation....NO END...

...forcing 50 yd tying FG attempt into the wind.....

Hajrullahu pushes it wide right.......

Stamps inch out of town with the win......

Bombers inch closer to irrelevance.....

Lots of controversy about that formation call.....

But then again..Blue would of probably found some way to lose the OT....

Because that is what they do......

I always find some way to drink the gin....

...for much the same reason.. 

Good read as per usual. I reallllllly want... No... Demand clarification on how denmarks drag toe catch is not a force out and yet an over throw caught outta bounds stands.,

And of course the procedure penalty called AFTER the play has happened...

When a procedure call is a pre-snap penalty.

I'm confused too. People here said there was no force out rule. On Denmark he either kept a toe in bounds or he was pushed out. But no. Yet tonight the rule is back. Like magic.

Rodgers doesn't make that circus catch.

The no end penalty is bush.

Just a conflagration of nonsense against the bombers tonight. Then again had their O done anything in the 3rd they win.

Good read as per usual. I reallllllly want... No... Demand clarification on how denmarks drag toe catch is not a force out and yet an over throw caught outta bounds stands.,

In the case of no end, which is a formation penalty, not a lineman moving before the snap, the play proceeds.

In the case of no end, which is a formation penalty, not a lineman moving before the snap, the play proceeds.
But usually the flag flies immediently I thought, not after the snap or even after the play..

But usually the flag flies immediently I thought, not after the snap or even after the play..

Correct. I was referring to the part where you said it's a pre-snap penalty, in which case most plays are blown dead.

Correct. I was referring to the part where you said it's a pre-snap penalty, in which case most plays are blown dead.

yea sorry I was not tryin to be snippy, just verifying for my own denseness lol

23k and change was announced.

Thanks bigg jay. I'm hearing there were lots of empty seats tonight. Would it be fair to say that fans are starting to give up on this team by not attending the games?

23k and change was announced.

Thanks bigg jay. I'm hearing there were lots of empty seats tonight. Would it be fair to say that fans are starting to give up on this team by not attending the games?

There was also a Jets game so no I don't think that's fair to say

Okay. I was just wondering because today's attendance was a season low, even lower than the last time Calgary waltzed into our barn and beat us.

Compare the multiple sets, misdirection's, counters, and play action from the Stamps offense......to the ticky tack stuff, we run.....and you see a certain amount of our current problems....

Aside from the 3rd quarter, I thought Marcel called a decent game last night.

...and the first 13 minutes of the 4th.......

I agree it was an entertaining, and VERY FRUSTRATING game......

Here's a few of my thoughts:

Calgary has a real o'line, and it was obvious they are very well coached. I think we need to replace our o'line coach when we replace or OC.

Khalil Bass owned Cornish when the game was on the line, he gets my vote for rookie of the year.

Back to our o'line......Picard snapped the ball better, but was directly responsible for a couple of sacks. I vote to say goodbye to him at the end of the year, or now as the case may be.

The announced crowd of 23k seemed large....I don't think there was even that many there. But given the result, I think next week's crowd will be bigger.

Will the league announce the results of their review of the officiating?? Doubt it but it would be nice. That no end call was horrible, and when the game was on the line, needs to be made correctly and it was not IMO....

Calgary has a real o'line, and it was obvious they are very well coached. I think we need to replace our o'line coach when we replace or OC.

Khalil Bass owned Cornish when the game was on the line, he gets my vote for rookie of the year.

Back to our o'line......Picard snapped the ball better, but was directly responsible for a couple of sacks. I vote to say goodbye to him at the end of the year, or now as the case may be.

The announced crowd of 23k seemed large....I don't think there was even that many there. But given the result, I think next week's crowd will be bigger.

Will the league announce the results of their review of the officiating?? Doubt it but it would be nice. That no end call was horrible, and when the game was on the line, needs to be made correctly and it was not IMO....

I seem to remember us fans calling for our Oline coach's head a couple years ago and being stoked when Wylie arrived to replace that bum.

I seem to remember us fans calling for our Oline coach's head a couple years ago and being stoked when Wylie arrived to replace that bum.
There is still a talent deficit for sure.

We have one rookie.

Picard is largely ineffective. And while he provides the leadership, his snaps are awful and he takes too many penalties for the level of production he is giving. I would gladly accept some flags if he was mauling guys in the run game, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

And Neufeld, from what I can see, just gets beat around the edge too much. I seem to notice ends running around him and coming up from behind Nichols.

Yes, Wylie was going to be the saviour that was going to make chicken salad out of you know what.   Is it coaching or is it talent?  I'm not sure but t's been a weak link for us for a few years now.  If you remember the Esks had the worst O-line in the league but they seem to have been able to fix it over a couple of years. 

So where do you start? Fire the O-line coach or overhaul the line again with new talent?