Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ddanger

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ddanger

  1. I know someone quite well who went to Bomber camp after being told to get bigger.....he could squat 500lbs, and bench 400......but he lost his speed and mobility. With a rather predictable result......
  2. I agree getting cut in the off season at least gets the player an opportunity to try to find another team to play for, and being cut at the end of training camp ( which happened to my son twice with 2 different teams ) leaves virtually no opportunity for the player.
  3. It really bothers me that players in the CFL can be released prior to their contract bonuses being paid out.....makes me sick actually. Then we have the NHL players with their guaranteed contracts. There needs to be a something in the middle of that. NHL players should be able to be cut, and CFL players need teams to honour the contracts that they have with players. I don't know what the answer is, but being cut days ahead of roster bonuses sucks.
  4. IMO the only way we can possibly look at the changes is positively......MB's long overdue departure has occurred and we have replaced him with arguably the best available OC in LaPo. The signings in free agency have also seriously improved our team and I'm excited for the season!
  5. very classy move and I hope that Lirim makes it in Toronto.....feel sorry for him having to play/live there tho!!
  6. section 232 for me.....we had 4 tickets, tried to sell 2 of them, and ended up taking my daughter and her partner
  7. I PVR'd the game last night to watch some high school football at IG field. Here's my thoughts: Did Rod Black and Dwayne Ford know there were 2 teams playing?? I thought their colour commentary was disgustingly one-sided. I liked Davis at QB, he throws a fastball faster than Burris!! He's a keeper IMO. Too bad his receivers let him down repeatedly..... Liked Marshall and thought he ran with grit, determination and power. I guess we might need to look for a punter, seems we don't have a current kicker who can do everything. Thought the defense played okay at times, we have some work to do there though. Has MB been fired yet?? Has Brohm been released yet??
  8. Oh and bring back Marshall and Pontbriand, although I would look at drafting a Canadian full back to challenge him.
  9. I thought it was quite interesting the number of former players on the Ottawa coaching staff. At least 4 names stood out for me. My vote is to fire MB and promote Buck Pearce. We need changes on the defense, I don't get these huge cushions our DB's give, especially when you can rub and jostle within the 5 yards. Our offence is offensive, and not getting better. MB has to go. Nicholls I think is taking too long to decide whether to throw or run, resulting in sacks, and we all saw him make some rather poor decisions yesterday. That being said, I want him back, and Brohm gone. Somebody else mentioned it earlier, lets draft a left guard and get a new o'line coach.
  10. I totally agree with this......bring in some guys now when the PR is expanded, and see what, if anything, they have. If it works out then they can be offered a TC spot next year. If it doesn't then we move on, and we don't waste a spot next spring.
  11. Sorry to hear about the young man's mother.....
  12. well well well......have to keep an eye on this.....tracker i'll donate $5 for gas ( I'm a poor pensioner now )
  13. Certainly was evident that our second half defensive changes really worked. The changes really got into the head of the BC quarterback he wasn't even close to the same player he was in the first half. Love the leadership of Ian Wild. Special teams were great. MB simply has to go, those inside runs are brutal, and incredibly predictable. I posted this last week, but Goosen looked really good in the warmup, and last night he looked great. How about that block on the right side he made to save Nichols from a sure sack?? Goodbye Picard.
  14. So with regards to the kickers ( I believe the point of this thread ) it sounds like both are kicking field goals in practice today. Could there be a competition underway this week for the spot??
  15. I think we brought in Walker when Da'Rel got hurt.....or hurt his back in the gym.ow that he's healthy, goodbye Walker.
  16. The problem with putting Castillo on the roster is that we have to take an American off somewhere else......So who's coming off??
  17. would be cool to have him come to a bomber practice and chuck a few!!
  18. It's easy....we pick the best o'lineman still available, and then with the next pick we go for the best player available regardless of position.....perhaps a kicker??
  19. Nichols is improving no doubt. I'm all for signing him, and if this year throughout the CFL has shown us anything, it's that teams need to have a competent back-up QB. It's scary to think we might need to tie up $700k to make that happen, but it simply needs to happen. I don't know if anyone watched the warm ups yesterday, but Goosen's shot-gun snaps are crisp spirals going right into the QB's bread basket. None of that rainbow crap that Picard does. And Goosen showed yesterday he can play on the line in a completely different position. So.......adios Picard which will save us some cash, and lets start Goosen next year.
  20. Thanks DOD.....I love the summary! I don't know if you guys noticed, but Capers at left guard was horrible......totally whiffed on the first few plays, and got knocked on his ass as well. And not much better at right tackle. Goosen on the other hand was actually pretty good.
  21. First year he's just happy to be paid to kick footballs and be a part of a team. Off-season his agent tells him not to re-up as the sky is the limit and he sets his sights on the NFL. With added pressure to be perfect in order to achieve his goals the relaxed demeanor is now gone and the guilt of failing his teammates just adds to the weight. If Walters is smart he re-ups Lirim in the next few weeks and sends him to a sports psychologist in the off-season. We all know he has the physical talent to have a long and successful football career, he just has to learn to relax his sphincter muscles a bit and accept the here and now and not worry about the future. I totally agree with this....Lirim's agent pumped his tires but good after last season, and he wanted to try his NFL luck. But after yesterday's horror, he'll never even get a look. The Steelers cut their kicker when he missed 2 last game, and with his percentage numbers, LH is in the CFL forever. Not that it matters, but I think there may have been something wrong with the spot or the hold on the first miss. His punting was fine, and has been so all year. I think he will work through it, and of course he has the correct passport. But I agree as well, we bring in for training camp a couple of National kickers. Have to.
  22. Yes the 3 down nation is a great read, and I also agree we should've gone after the rookie. Everyone would've done that, except apparently us. I posted in another thread that the OC and the O'line coach have to go.......Calgary looked like a well-oiled machine when they ran the ball, they had imagination, and they moved their linemen around to open things up for Cornish. How many times did he run the ball and not get touched until well past the line?? We rarely do that. Other than Picard I believe we have the o'line talent, we don't execute because we don't have the coaching.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.