Everything posted by bearpants
-
Training camp report June 12
The way Denmark makes catches, I would too! I'm starting to get excited about the Moore/Denmark combo at WR SB. fixed that. I figured someone would point out the semantics.... I basically meant "ball-catcher" weather it be at SB or WR
-
QB - Could Hall get cut?
I think that's one of the things that makes Willy so good, potentially.... he's definitely a pocket passer but he has that threat to use his legs when needed...
-
Bombers release 4 more...
Speaking of hindsight being 20-20 I still think back to how we were debating between Poblah and Laurent in that supplemental draft... oh well I do know we definitely felt that Coehoorn would have been a better pick than Jade. Other guys that went right after Jade - Ianuzzi, Tyler Holmes. Sigh. The hindsight game is more depressing than fun
-
Training camp report June 12
The way Denmark makes catches, I would too! I'm starting to get excited about the Moore/Denmark combo at WR
-
Bombers release 4 more...
Speaking of hindsight being 20-20 I still think back to how we were debating between Poblah and Laurent in that supplemental draft... oh well
-
Robert Marve's history
I would love to see a Willy 1st half and a Marve 2nd half.... but that won't happen... Hall and Brohm will obviously get time too
-
Training camp report June 12
Good to hear that Goossen is handling himself against Anderson though
-
Training camp report June 12
What's that, you're new to the CFL and relatively new to O-line? You can handle going up against a perennial all-star DT, right?
-
Bombers release 4 more...
Yep, good point about trading for Willy... and Randle
-
Tyson Pencer Released
But I am right about Jade... I never really objected to us picking him (honestly, I had no idea who he was when we picked him).... I just thought it could've been done better
-
Tyson Pencer Released
and Mike points out another reason I don't typically talk about previous regimes... the facts get jumbled in my mind over the years
-
Tyson Pencer Released
I just had to defend my point... normally I don't talk about previous regimes
-
Gary Lawless on Bombers roster
every year, guys who we thought should make it are cut and guys who we thought are no good stick around and do well... It's almost like the coaches and management know more than us... almost
-
Tyson Pencer Released
No the problem isn't "mack made a bad pick".... every GM has done that.... the problem is Mack traded up with the initial condition being that his guy would be available (Jabar Westerman) but when BC traded up to 2, we all knew who they were taking... yet Mack completed the trade anyways.... then he selected a guy we could've easily got at 9 or 10 or wherever we were originally scheduled to pick... and the other problem is he made the exact same mistake prior year with Jade.... I have no problem picking a guy you like but why not trade down, gain more picks, and still get the guy you want.... drafting 101, a class Joe Mack apparently flunked!
-
Bombers release 4 more...
Swiston is still with the team. My bad, I figured I'd miss one
-
Tyson Pencer Released
Can't take solace in it but essentially Mike Kelly, Lyle Bauer, Joe Mack, Buchko, have been black-balled from ever working in the CFL again. Sad but true... although Bauer did go to work for Calgary for a while there...
-
Bombers release 4 more...
OK, I did it anyways... 2013: (1) Mulumba, (2) Robertson, (3) Fitzgerald, (4) DiCroce, (6) Stephen Alli, (7) Billy Pavlopolous 2012: (1) Pencer, (3) Aprile*, (3) Biukidi, (4) Rene Stephen, (4) Jake Thomas 2011: (1) Henoc, (1) Jade, (3) Brendan Dunn, (4) Swiston, (5) Volny, (6) Liam Mahoney 2010: (2) Watson, (4) Chris Smith, (4) Woodson, (6) Greaves Bold = still with team Italics = good player, or high potential *traded for Bucknor, so still valuable Please let me know if I missed anyone/pertinent details... I know Kito Poblah should fit in there somewhere but I forget where cuz he was a supplemental pick
-
Bombers release 4 more...
I'm tempted to look back at the draft history under Mack... but terrified to see the results.... The only possible redeeming factor would be if one or all of Muamba, Mulumba, and Bilukidi become serviceable CFLers one day... or returns to all-star form in Muamba's case
-
Tyson Pencer Released
The entire Lord Lyle, Young Brendan, Mike Kelly, Joe Mack era was a blight on this franchise. Almost a decade and a half of nothing but incompetence! It is disappointing that Taman basically "interned" here and when he was finally ready to be a real GM we cut him lose and now Saskie is reaping the benefits...
-
Gary Lawless on Bombers roster
"Paris Cotton: Maybe a little too small to be the every-down back, but a classic scatback with all kinds of speed and game-breaker potential. Can return kicks and might prove effective catching the ball out of the backfield." This could've been the exact scouting report on Charles Roberts when he first came here...
-
Tyson Pencer Released
This, along with Robertson, just continues to show what a black cloud the Joe Mack era was... really disappointing that these guys did turn out this way
-
QB - Could Hall get cut?
This is exactly what I was thinking.... if Willy tweaks something and needs to sit the 2nd half, it'll be Hall... but if Willy suffers a serious injury and is out for the season (let's just hope this doesn't happen ) they may go to Marve.... assuming he keeps up his play from Monday night...
-
Our ''NFL Guys''
Interesting that everyone thinks Seattle is deep at receiver.... after Harvin there's a pretty steep drop... Balwdwin and Kearse are good up-an-comers, but not quite Pro Bowlers yet.... other than all the other rookie competition, he's got a decent shot at the PR at least.... Bilukidi would be a nice addition... maybe doesn't fit etch's system, but you gotta make it work
-
Robert Marve's history
If he makes it as the 3rd stringer, I wonder if he gets consideration as the short yardage QB... probably a better option than Hall for that role
-
Who gets cut first
I much prefer Wild at the LB position than Dunn... not sure how Dunn ended up on top of the depth chart.... Considering our lack of NI depth I think Canadians will have to really stink out the joint to be quick cuts...