Paris Cotton injury update

sssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

The football gods are not rooting for the Bombers so far this year.

Kinda remind me of Garrett injury after finishing ahead of Ford at the end of TC 2012. Ford benefited from that injury.

Btw, what is Garrett up to this days...

Ford wasn't here yet.  It was Garrett, Simpson and Dorzon.

I stand corrected. Garrett is projected as the starter that year, his backup Simpson was injured earlier. With Garrett's injury, Dorzon started the game 1, with Woodson as his only backup since Volny is still recovering from his own injury. Ford was signed after a few days.

While i'm not a huge fan of ford, he is a serviceable running back, can get the job done, yeah i realize it means very little but he was an all star last season so it's not like we are gonna have to go with dorzon or something, we are gonna have to go with a guy who is proven to be decent, not great but decent. for a couple weeks, that should be fine.

sssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

The football gods are not rooting for the Bombers so far this year.

and for the past 20 years....

While i'm not a huge fan of ford, he is a serviceable running back, can get the job done, yeah i realize it means very little but he was an all star last season so it's not like we are gonna have to go with dorzon or something, we are gonna have to go with a guy who is proven to be decent, not great but decent. for a couple weeks, that should be fine.

Traveling back in time to when I didn't know Cotton was injured I would have predicted the following to happen for game 1.

- Cotton named starter.

- Ford healthy enough to play, named DI, does some return work, gets some touches at RB.  OShea chooses to not release an all-star without giving him an in-game look.

- Grigsby invited to join PR.

- Walters actively searches for another import RB, maybe even finally signs that twitter moron who thinks he's already in the CFL hall of fame.

- New guy gets chance to work way up totem, taking Grigsby's spot if he's good enough, then Ford's spot if he's good enough.

How does any of that change now?

Grigsby might be the starter unless Ford demonstrates he's game ready between now and the 26th, both on game day roster.  New guy doesn't get chance to move up totem until Cotton is healthy, need some amount of stability at the position and familiarity with the playbook.

I will admit that Ford is my second string RB because of not being on the field so far - Grigsby has been and has done nothing to impress me.  Ford at least still has some decent memories left in my head from last year.  No head to head comparison can be made of the two (by me) to this point.