Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bearpants

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bearpants

  1. How is it any better having the stadium at Assiniboia Downs for people other than those living on the west side of the city? Both locations (University where IGF is located or potentially at the Downs would have had their problems. At least Polo Park was somewhat centralized with very good bus service in & out. Lots of parking as well. Getting to & from the stadium by car wasn't too bad either. taking the bus to IGF is easier/quicker than taking the bus to CanadInns... I've done both many times...
  2. no, my understanding is their only association is that Neufeld tweeted at him... said he was a big fan and could hook him up with some gear.... perhaps more coversation ensues from there? My guess is the wedding has something to do with Julie Stewart-Binks from Fox Sports 1, who was also was also at the game.... him and JSB have been at a bunch of Kings games together.... she was the other import (along with Jay and Dan, obviously) that FS1 shipped in...
  3. I absolutely loved the way the defense adjusted last night.... they came out flat and were unsure how to handle a team they'd never seen on film.... after the first quarter the D made some adjustments and completely shut down Hank letting 3 FGs (one missed) the rest of the way.... IMO that's the least prepared we will see this team to start a game all year...
  4. thank you end of thread/
  5. I don't think anyone's hating on him.... just pointing out he needs to improve his pass protection to be an all-around complete back...
  6. Maybe this has come up somewhere else but I didn't see it... When Ottawa was called for a time count violation with 7 seconds to go the refs issued a 10-yard penalty and replay of the down... I thought that penalty, at that point, in the game is a loss of down.... so I thought the call there shoulda been loss of downs and a turn over on downs.... Am I mistaken? turns out it didn't make a difference but at the time it coulda been a huge call.... thoughts?
  7. I liked the move in the first place cuz he was brought in to be a veteran presence and provide a winning attitude.... clearly he didn't fit the bill... the way Sears is playing, no on will miss him on the field and it doesn't sound like he'll be missed much off the field...
  8. gotta love the offensive production but pass protection was the major issue with Chad Simpson.... I think have a real OC who runs a real offense with a real O-line coach will help him improve.... Cotton will give him a run for his money... either way we have a good future at RB
  9. hahah exactly what I was thinking!
  10. Agreed... however anything with Jon Benjamin can pretty much be labelled "hipster" Really? The dude is freaking funny. How are we defining hipster? Archer is fantastic, cartoon or not. Community, Archer, AD, 30 Rock...all shows that are "smart-funny" and not laugh-tracked crap. Well somebody started by labelling everything with no laugh track and one camera angle as "hipster".... I disagree.... just when you think of shows Benjamin like Archer, Bob's Burgers, JB has a van, etc none of these were really mainstream hits... which technically makes them "hipster" ... which is also why I quoted the word
  11. Agreed... however anything with Jon Benjamin can pretty much be labelled "hipster"
  12. Alright lets review here.... Community: ok, a little too cheesy for me.... Modern Family: well written, well acted, quite funny, always wraps up with a happy ending, very family friendly so I'm not sure who decided it is hipster... 30 rock: f****n brilliant, the best show since Seinfeld... Arrested Development: Great in the early days, still love the old episodes, I think it's run it's course... Portlandia: definitely the most hipster listed, but has it's moments, I like Fred Amisen did I miss any shows discussed here??
  13. Apparently Julie Stewart-Bink from Fox Sports 1 (formally of CTV Regina and I believe she worked in Winnipeg at some point) will be here too... Her and Eric Stonestreet are apparently friends.... Also his character, Cam, was a college O-lineman... he'd be an import but could work in a pinch
  14. Great article, thanks.... but I'm not sure I'm ready to jump the gun on "stardom".... one good game doesn't make a star Breaking bad reference??: "In fact this time he was the one who knocked."
  15. This is probably the most relevant with Eric Stonestreet being in attendance tonight...
  16. Ummm, why is Anthony Allen not available to pick this week?? Also they still have Brett Maher with the Bombers.... Seriously TSN, get your **** together...
  17. I'm actually starting to not like this beginning schedule very much.... In Mtl next week, then Edm at home in week 4.... being back in the West it woulda been nice to see how we fare against one of the big boys (Sask or Cgy) in week 2 or 3....
  18. Who woulda thought at this time one week ago we would say Ottawa is the tougher of our first two games???
  19. I think the biggest fear most people have is the CFL becoming the farm league for the NFL.... there by adopting NFL rules, eliminating the ratio, etc....
  20. hahah I love how many people picked Kelly cuz he'll likely be covered by Mr Inconsistent.... Can't wait to see him get torched in a different uniform... was getting tired of seeing it in Blue and Gold.... But I'm going with Nic Grigsby!
  21. I recommend they post a picture of Bryant Turner on the jumbotron and the mere acknowledgement of his presence will make Hank just fall down a few times .... with sacks being credited to Turner of course
  22. It's clearly far too early to anoint Willy as the saviour and label Collaros as a bust.... however I'm very happy with the way things went week one... I suspect this will be, one of, if not the worst game Collaros plays all year.... I'll need at least 6 games for an accurate assessment... so far...so good
  23. Is there a joke I'm missing here or do you keep calling him Collara cuz you don't know his name is actually COLLAROS??
  24. I actually wanted to watch this game since I missed it.... I went to watch when they were replaying it last night and I only lasted about 5 minutes cuz I couldn't handle Rod Black.... I really wish they had made Rod Black the panel host and given the real talented Rod (Smith) his pbp position... or just get rid of Rod Black all together...
  25. You never miss a chance to pat yourself on the back, eh!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.