Quarterbacking Around the League

BBlink

Watched the BC @ Edmonton pre-season game last night.

You can tell why Wally Buono needed to go out and get Kevin Glenn.  He had no depth behind (a somewhat injured) Lulay in Beck and Partridge.  Beck looked pretty bad if you ask me.  He throws a weird short armed ball.  Partridge looks a bit more promising, but these guys are both new and would be eaten alive in a regular season game.

Edmonton is lucky to have Nichols back.  If there is one non Bomber QB that I'm rooting for it would be him.  Having to go through ACL injuries twice myself, I can relate as to how physically and mentally debilitating it can be.  If he can stay healthy he will be seeing the field quite a bit this year.  But yeah, they are extremely lucky to have him back because between Pat White and Jacory Harris, they looked just about as bad as you could in a pre-season game.

What do folks think of Troy Smith in Montreal? To me, Smith sure looked like he had all the tools last 3 games of season to make a mark in this league. Smith and Tanner Marsh both recently signed to 3 year deals. Brink could be #3 there. Alouettes could be the whipping boys in the East this year but Troy Smith might be a highlight.

Well Crompton wasn't any good either. For the Eskimo Qb's I'd rank them

1. Reilly (man I wish Joe Dufus had gone after him)

2. Nichols (yeah BBlink - I hear ya. he's a good kid and competes very hard just had some bad luck he's a #1 in this league if he could stay healthy, more talented than ole Buck)

3. Harris (did you guys miss that pass he threw for about 60 yards with a flick of his wrist  -not his fault there was a penalty on this play, he's still green but he has all the tools)

4. White (barely ahead of)

5. Crompton -very disappointed in his showing. Looks like he regressed but he'll get one more kick at it - White will be released for sure. 

As for B.C.

1. Kevin (Dangerfield) Glenn

2. Partridge

3. Beck (he'll be on the same flight as Pat White back to the good ole US of A 

You can tell why Wally Buono needed to go out and get Kevin Glenn.  He had no depth behind (a somewhat injured) Lulay in Beck and Partridge.  Beck looked pretty bad if you ask me.  He throws a weird short armed ball.  Partridge looks a bit more promising, but these guys are both new and would be eaten alive in a regular season game.

Edmonton is lucky to have Nichols back.  If there is one non Bomber QB that I'm rooting for it would be him.  Having to go through ACL injuries twice myself, I can relate as to how physically and mentally debilitating it can be.  If he can stay healthy he will be seeing the field quite a bit this year.  But yeah, they are extremely lucky to have him back because between Pat White and Jacory Harris, they looked just about as bad as you could in a pre-season game.

White looked absolutely terrible yet Jones kept playing him& playing him. You'd think he'd want to get the rust off Nicholls in the pre season. Or maybe he just thinks Reilly is his guy & doesn't want a qb controversy. Either way, I thought the decision to keep White in was really questionable. Benevides gave Glenn the first quarter which too was a bit surprising. He needs to get his timing down throwing the ball & getting familiar with the new playbook. Not a very good game to watch. That little scatback for BC is going to steal Stephan Logan's job, you watch. 

Amazing how Brink has stuck around this league...

I'm glad he's getting a chance at least. Still mighty pissed at what the bombers did last year. Bringing a guy who was retired (Hall) and a guy who was playing beer league football because all legit options had long been passed (Clement) and outright releasing Brink and Elliot. But I guess in hindsight, they had no choice, as probably after the first day everyone would know Clement was no where near as good as Brink / Elliot and Hall was no better than them, and since Joe was trying to save his job, well, I guess they had to do what they did. Ok ok, sorry, I'll stop I know enough already. I don't expect Brink to stick around (you never know) but at least he goes out on his terms if he doesn't.

White looked absolutely terrible yet Jones kept playing him& playing him. You'd think he'd want to get the rust off Nicholls in the pre season. Or maybe he just thinks Reilly is his guy & doesn't want a qb controversy. Either way, I thought the decision to keep White in was really questionable. Benevides gave Glenn the first quarter which too was a bit surprising. He needs to get his timing down throwing the ball & getting familiar with the new playbook. Not a very good game to watch. That little scatback for BC is going to steal Stephan Logan's job, you watch. 

Yeah I think they went with Pat White because Jacory Harris was even worse, to the point where he wouldn't even be getting the rest of the players in the offense meaningful reps.

Can't believe I forgot Crompton.  What a pile of crap outing he had.  Clearly he has some skill over the other Edmonton QBs, but man, he was terrible.  I've seen him play much better than that.

Yeah I think they went with Pat White because Jacory Harris was even worse, to the point where he wouldn't even be getting the rest of the players in the offense meaningful reps.

Can't believe I forgot Crompton.  What a pile of crap outing he had.  Clearly he has some skill over the other Edmonton QBs, but man, he was terrible.  I've seen him play much better than that.

Nicholls & Reilly are their best options. Nicholls, to me is a better qb than Reilly but he just keeps suffering these massively bad injuries.

Nicholls, to me is a better qb than Reilly

have we seen enough of Nichols to make a claim like that? I dunno that we have because of the aforementioned injuries. 

Just an opinion of mine about Nicholls, that's all. On another note, I was chatting with Dave Campbell, the colour analyst on Eskimo radio broadcasts on twitter. He told me that the Esks are committed to developing qb Pat White. Ed Hervey has pursued him for the past 2 years hoping to get his  name on a contract & finally did this off season after bouncing around the NFL. White didn't show much against the lions this past Friday. 

He told me that the Esks are committed to developing qb Pat White. Ed Hervey has pursued him for the past 2 years hoping to get his  name on a contract & finally did this off season after bouncing around the NFL. 

You've got to be kidding about White. Hervey is…well being Hervey again.

My rankings have Reilly ahead of Nichols and Vanna ahead of Pat.

He told me that the Esks are committed to developing qb Pat White. Ed Hervey has pursued him for the past 2 years hoping to get his  name on a contract & finally did this off season after bouncing around the NFL. 

You've got to be kidding about White. Hervey is…well being Hervey again.

My rankings have Reilly ahead of Nichols and Vanna ahead of Pat.

Yeah, I told Campbell he was brutal  & he said to cut him a break as it was his first CFL action. I told him he didn't show enough to garner consideration. 

When was the last time White played in a game? Did he play football again after he quit baseball?

So Jacquie, that's the excuse now if you stink the joint out as a player? How long between games have you played? The guy signed a pro contract. He still has to perform. If the GM is interfering or influencing the decision making process (Not saying he is but you have to wonder) that isn't right. Hervey already did that with Simeon Rottier last season. Said things publicly that were embarrassing to Hervey, Rottier & the Eskimos that he shouldn't have about the guy.

When was the last time White played in a game? Did he play football again after he quit baseball?

So Jacquie, that's the excuse now if you stink the joint out as a player? How long between games have you played? The guy signed a pro contract. He still has to perform. If the GM is interfering or influencing the decision making process (Not saying he is but you have to wonder) that isn't right. Hervey already did that with Simeon Rottier last season. Said things publicly that were embarrassing to Hervey, Rottier & the Eskimos that he shouldn't have about the guy.

Why do you read more into things than what is said? I asked a question because I was curious about the answer. Nothing more, nothing less.

Why do you read more into things than what is said? I asked a question because I was curious about the answer. Nothing more, nothing less.

It read like you were correcting me by saying he hadn't played in awhile because of baseball. My bad. Sorry. 

White went to camp with the Redskins last year and played in the majority if not all of their pre season games. Rust shouldn't be used as an excuse for a guy who has struggled everywhere he's went in professional football because he lacks the fundamentals to play his position and only has a job due to his athletic abilities.