Mike

ADD:

REC Mark Dell (I)

RB Kyle Bolton (I)

LB Mike Cornell (N)

DELETE:

LS Sean Blake (N)

REC Jason Barnes (I)

I like the Dell signing and the Cornell signing. These make our team better. If Dell is familiar, that's because you probably saw him on the weekend playing for Edmonton.

Cornell has been out there for awhile, surprised it took this long for him to find work. Nice depth pickup. I fell asleep during the Eskimo game so I didn't get a good look at Dell. Looks like he was their leading receiver with 6 for 75 yards... weird that he would be cut so early.

I hope the LS Blake release means Wild would be at least a DI during game day.

There is no way Ian Wild wouldn't be on the game day roster, guy is too good, especially in comparison to our other linebackers. 

agree. on our eyes he is but Etch has a different set of eyes.

I hope the LS Blake release means Wild would be at least a DI during game day.

There is no way Ian Wild wouldn't be on the game day roster, guy is too good, especially in comparison to our other linebackers. 

agree. on our eyes he is but Etch has a different set of eyes.

All I've heard about him from MOS is praise. I don't think there was ever a worry he wouldn't be on the roster. MOS was talking about how great he is at long snapping b/c he can force the other team to block him, whereas a lot of other long snapper's don't warrant that b/c it takes them longer to get down the field. This frees up another guy from a double team.

I like the Dell signing and the Cornell signing. These make our team better. If Dell is familiar, that's because you probably saw him on the weekend playing for Edmonton.

The name does seem familiar.  Did he also build my computer?

Cornell seems like an easy James Green-type pickup.  Could make our special teams much better than using some of our other NI backups.  Now can he take any meaningful reps on D?  Probably not, but I'll cross my fingers just the same.

Urrutia hasn't done much to earn a roster spot at this point other than be tall.  Cutdowns are only 3 days away - at this point I'm keeping Dell on the roster ahead of him if that's a choice the numbers forces us to make.

I like the Dell signing and the Cornell signing. These make our team better. If Dell is familiar, that's because you probably saw him on the weekend playing for Edmonton.ike an easy James Green-type pickup.  Could make our special teams much better than using some of our other NI backups.  Now can he take any meaningful reps on D?  Probably not, but I'll cross my fingers just the same.

Urrutia hasn't done much to earn a roster spot at this point other than be tall.  Cutdowns are only 3 days away - at this point I'm keeping Dell on the roster ahead of him if that's a choice the numbers forces us to make.

I think you hit the nail on the head with Urrutia.  I don't think they're ready to give up on him just yet due to his size and speed.  From what I've heard though he's performed well in TC practices.   

Some smart signings.  I'd say Stephan is on the bubble now.

ehhhhhhhh I dunno.  Any extra job security Stephan got from Newman's injury has now been removed.

The team needs lots of these types of players during the year.  Stephan is still competing with Eisho for a job.  If Cornell is still a gamer and Briggs' injury is soon resolved, then the numbers will start to work against him.  Or Eisho.  Unlikely they cut both.

I like the Dell signing and the Cornell signing. These make our team better. If Dell is familiar, that's because you probably saw him on the weekend playing for Edmonton.ike an easy James Green-type pickup.  Could make our special teams much better than using some of our other NI backups.  Now can he take any meaningful reps on D?  Probably not, but I'll cross my fingers just the same.

I think you hit the nail on the head with Urrutia.  I don't think they're ready to give up on him just yet due to his size and speed.  From what I've heard though he's performed well in TC practices.   

So what kind of weight does OShea give camp performances compared to game performances?  Based on game performances Jaymar Johnson has to be the frontrunner of the rookie crew.  And no one is talking much about Aaron Kelly despite him showing well in practises and games.  Woods might still land a spot because of his return skills, although OShea will need to watch tapes from last year to see why some still rave about him - he hasn't done much this year.  Kemp has shown flashes of talent and butterfingers.  Now Dell is here.

We typically keep 6 import receivers somewhere on the rosters.  Denmark and Moore are obvious; I suspect Kelly and Johnson are staying around.  Who gets those last 2 spots?  Is being 6'6" and good in practise enough for Urrutia?

So what kind of weight does OShea give camp performances compared to game performances?  Based on game performances Jaymar Johnson has to be the frontrunner of the rookie crew.  And no one is talking much about Aaron Kelly despite him showing well in practises and games.  Woods might still land a spot because of his return skills, although OShea will need to watch tapes from last year to see why some still rave about him - he hasn't done much this year.  Kemp has shown flashes of talent and butterfingers.  Now Dell is here.

We typically keep 6 import receivers somewhere on the rosters.  Denmark and Moore are obvious; I suspect Kelly and Johnson are staying around.  Who gets those last 2 spots?  Is being 6'6" and good in practise enough for Urrutia?

Factor in that Jaymar is a slot, not a wideout. Gets a little more confusing.