Everything posted by bearpants
-
Practice Reports
Not sure what's with the Aaron Kelly hate... he's no all-star but he fills in nicely as the 3rd/4th receiver, makes a few tough catches here and there.... until someone plays better than him he should have a spot on the team...
-
Bryant Turner at fullback?
He hash-tagged DaBears... Jim Toth is a bears fan, I thought he was running that account
-
Messam
Just going on a hunch here, but I bet you like re-runs too. Try watching re-runs of Seinfeld and tell me they're not still funny!
-
Paris Cotton injury update
and for the past 20 years....
-
Bombers add 3, release 2
Yeah Mark Dell had that nice 40ish yard catch where he ran wide and down the sidelines.... I thought Edm would be keeping him, nice pickup... not too surprised about Blake, he had a few bad snaps against Cgy.... any more info on Cornell?
-
Brohm passes Hall on the depth chart?
You gotta think Brohm's ability to move helps him a bit.... Willy and Marve both made nice plays to avoid sacks that Hall likely would've taken.... with a still fairly raw O-line, the ability to avoid that pressure could be the difference...
-
Pre season done .... thoughts
I just can't get over how stupid 'national' and 'international' players sounds.... I know I'll have to adjust but it's gonna take a while Anyways, good post... pretty hard to disagree with your assessment... especially love the bolded one, nothing drove me more crazy last year than seeing us go down 21-3 by half and come out in the second with zero adjustments to the game plan...
-
Good article by Doug Brown
The biggest problem I have with the "strategy" is when we're playing from behind any team will be able to run the clock on us if we can;t stop the run... theoretically it can work, but can be a huge problem in certain situations
-
CFL cuts
Yes, but anyone who is ever cut by the Riders is instantly terrible, right?
-
Messam
IMO I think we should start abbreviating Nationals 'NI' as in Nat-Ionals.... makes sense to me
-
Bombers cut 4 players
back to the kicker conversation... Calgary currently has Peredes, Maver, and the rookie Tyler Crapinga.... Sask currently has Bartel, Milo, and the rookie Johnny Mark..... Chances are both rookies will be on the PR unless they get hidden by "injuries".... potential kicker thievery here?
-
Paris Cotton has made the final roster?
I've seen some rumblings on twitter about him being hurt.... anyone have any more info on this??
-
Messam
2 big things here... if Messam wasn't Canadian, no one would care... if we weren't so desperate for NI talent, no one would care... I find it hard to believe we're not at least looking into him, but I'm not blown away about the thought of not signing him...
-
Collaros vs Willy
Has anyone seen Collaros play for Hammy yet?? I think we've all seen Willy play for us so it could be a little premature to compare the two.... Collaros joins a team that's more ready to win now so that should give him an advantage.... I'm actually looking forward to seeing Ham's first game cuz I'm curious to see how Collaros does...
-
CFL cuts
I can't say I know anything about Woloshyn but any time there's a NI O-lineman available I'd have to think he's discussed...
-
Pre season done .... thoughts
I'll keep it simple.... encouraging start, lots of things to like about this team.... still lots of work to do, especially on D.... NI situation even more concerning with the loss of Newman for the year.... hope we can find a few FAs or pluck a couple guys off PRs...
-
Bombers cut 4 players
re: Errol Brooks, did he really get an opportunity to play in pre-season?... I don't really recall him playing in the games and I thought some said he looked good in practice.. re: Kenny Tate, is he not a natural LB? why was he not given a shot at LB?
-
Graig Newman out for the year with a broken ankle
Stating the obvious: worst news possible.... feel so bad for the guy....
-
Can we "Worman" Gary Ethchevery?
Run defence was "disturbing" last night... that plus the injury to Newman are the only two major concerns from last night... I'm crossing my fingers we haven't seen the best of our defense can offer... hopefully.... but otherwise I feel a lot better about this team than in previous years... I think we've already matched last year's number of games where we were actually still on it at the end of the game
-
Quarterbacking Around the League
I watched a bit of the game last night, Kevin Glenn was by far the best of BCs back ups... Pat white looked ordinary at best... although he's not a back up, Reilly looked really good
-
Gary Lawless on Bombers roster
I think Volny stays based mostly on our poor NI depth and his ability to play teams effectively.... doubt he gets much, if any, time on offense
-
Depth chart for Saturdays preseason game vs Calgary
I thought I remember reading it's more or less an open competition.... Tate being the incumbent but if BLM plays well enough he could win the job??
-
CBA / Non-import discussion
Thanks, still clear as mud but about as thorough as I could ask for right now!
-
CBA / Non-import discussion
Rids or Mike, can you provide a little more info on Doc Cassama? I've heard the name but that's about as much as I know.... Also, you mentioned anyone playing for SFU could technically be a non-import.... does SFU playing in the NCAA make a difference at all or just the fact that they're located in Canada is the only factor?
-
Training camp report June 12
I wouldn't say it's over rated, it's part of the overall package.... smart+accurate+strong arm >>> smart+accurate+weak arm.... but then again smart+accurate+weak arm >>> dumb+inaccurate+strong arm AKA Kevin Glenn Mike Bishop