Bombers cut 4 players

Mike

IMO none of these cuts are really surprises.  What did Kenny Tate do at all?  He was given so many chances to make an impact.  Errol Brooks just doesn't have enough size or skill and I feel like we may DI Paris Cotton (looks like he's a good returner and RB).

My question is how they feel about Urutia, being that he has been given the same amount of chances as Kenny Tate to make an impact, and hasn't either.

We barely have enough Canadians to fill a roster right now, I figured they would focus on cutting internationals at this point. Seems odd to cut Kowalczuk right now... if we lose a single interior lineman to injury then we don't really have anyone to step in. Unless they feel comfortable putting Quinn Everett in the lineup already.

IMO none of these cuts are really surprises.  What did Kenny Tate do at all?  He was given so many chances to make an impact.  Errol Brooks just doesn't have enough size or skill and I feel like we may DI Paris Cotton (looks like he's a good returner and RB).

My question is how they feel about Urutia, being that he has been given the same amount of chances as Kenny Tate to make an impact, and hasn't either.

I don't think we are going to DI Paris Cotton.

I think he's our feature back.

re: Errol Brooks, did he really get an opportunity to play in pre-season?... I don't really recall him playing in the games and I thought some said he looked good in practice..

re: Kenny Tate, is he not a natural LB? why was he not given a shot at LB?

The only reason Tate being cut bothers me is because we cut guys who weren't "Etch" types and kept guys who were and now the epitome of an Etch guy is the first one cut.

With that statement, im bothered now what the future holds for Anderson. :unsure:

We barely have enough Canadians to fill a roster right now, I figured they would focus on cutting internationals at this point. Seems odd to cut Kowalczuk right now... if we lose a single interior lineman to injury then we don't really have anyone to step in. Unless they feel comfortable putting Quinn Everett in the lineup already.

It is not typical to have so few NI olinemen, but 6 guys should be able to fill 3 spots, at least in the short term.  As for Kowalczuk, what is the point of keeping him around if he's simply not good enough?  We wouldn't want him on the field then anyways.

Bob Wylie confirmed our suspicions about Kowalczuk over these last few years.

Brett Maher - are we going to try to keep him around? He's so very good.

It's just so odd that we go years without a decent kicker….then we get two of them at once. 

Lirim Hajrullahu - welcome aboard…you are not a consolation prize.