Practice Reports

Harbaugh

Sounds like a bad one. Prolly occured when [Moore] got jammed by the Argo DB stretching for a catch.

No word on how long he's out for but my estimate (back injuries) is minimum 2 games to as many as 10 games.

Yes, Nate :rolleyes: .

Read on twitter that Nick Moore was back practicing yesterday. How's he looking today?

Willy is making his throws count today.

Aaron woods is getting a lot of looks as a SB, but the defense is easily making plays on the balls thrown to him. Two plays in particular would have been completions had a taller receiver been the target... He is just way too small.

if Kelly is on the roster it's a failure of the scouting staff. You can do better than that player. 

I'm not crazy about Aaron Kelly but really all we need from that WR spot is a guy who can catch a few balls per game, and Kelly fits that persona.  Denmark, Moore, and Watson will be the guys carrying the offence in terms of receivers.... that WR spot just needs to be a guy who can catch the damn ball when it comes to him.  Kelly's not a gamebreaker but he makes tough catches to keep drives alive and that might be enough.  It does seem odd with all the talk about our scouting staff that they haven't been able to bring in anyone better, though.

if Kelly is on the roster it's a failure of the scouting staff. You can do better than that player. 

I'm not crazy about Aaron Kelly but really all we need from that WR spot is a guy who can catch a few balls per game, and Kelly fits that persona.  Denmark, Moore, and Watson will be the guys carrying the offence in terms of receivers.... that WR spot just needs to be a guy who can catch the damn ball when it comes to him.  Kelly's not a gamebreaker but he makes tough catches to keep drives alive and that might be enough.  It does seem odd with all the talk about our scouting staff that they haven't been able to bring in anyone better, though.

What he has done best so far is bringing down the ball on plays he has little business making.  Unless Urrutia steps up the job should be Kelly's.  He is earning it this year.

Usually the guy we have on the wide side is a NI we're stuffing over there in hopes of meeting the ratio and not hurting the team.  Kelly on the wide side is actually a threat.

Nobody has outplayed Aaron Kelly at the wideout position yet.

Some people are saying that is a failure on recruiting…what if it's success by Kelly?

Kelly gets way too much flack here (beating a dead horse), being a guy that came in midway through the season last year and looked pretty decent (in bursts, of course). I say let the chips fall where they may.  He will likely be the starting WR come the first game of the season. What I like about this management team is that they are constantly looking to get better, and that is for every position.

Haven't really seen that ability from Kelly, other than catching a deep ball every few games and basically bringing nothing to our offence otherwise.  Given where he is (not getting any better), and where our team is (building for 2015), I don't see much of a point in giving him a lot of run.

He'll always look great in practice, there's no threat of getting rocked, and he's an impressive looking athlete.

The guy they brought in from Edmonton looks like he'll be a boundary WR candidate, and otherwise if they don't want to give Urrutia a shot I'd rather give it to Jaymar Johnson, even though he's older than Kelly, he's a CFL rookie and should have some mileage left if he shows he can play consistently.

Some people are saying that is a failure on recruiting…what if it's success by Kelly?

Kelly gets way too much flack here (beating a dead horse), being a guy that came in midway through the season last year and looked pretty decent (in bursts, of course). I say let the chips fall where they may.  He will likely be the starting WR come the first game of the season. What I like about this management team is that they are constantly looking to get better, and that is for every position.

except he really didn't... he made like 3 really impressive looking catches and disappeared. He did about as much on a per game basis as Etienne did and you all couldn't wait to run Etienne out of town. Kelly making the team means the scouts failed to bring in anyone better and that is not a good thing. 

Kelly is a proven CFL receiver, he's not great but he's not as bad as some make him out to be, he's serviceable, he catches the ball which is more than some of our rookies can say. 

Fact is, kelly doesn't need to put up big numbers, he won't be the number 1 or even 2nd or 3rd option, heck it's likely he might even be the 5th option on plays.

Anyways though, with o'shea letting wild lead the post practice yoga, it tells me they are high on wild and like what he brings, he's a leader and he will definitely be on the team.

Kelly is a proven CFL receiver, he's not great but he's not as bad as some make him out to be, he's serviceable, he catches the ball which is more than some of our rookies can say. 

Fact is, kelly doesn't need to put up big numbers, he won't be the number 1 or even 2nd or 3rd option, heck it's likely he might even be the 5th option on plays.

Anyways though, with o'shea letting wild lead the post practice yoga, it tells me they are high on wild and like what he brings, he's a leader and he will definitely be on the team.

For realsies?  That's awesome.

except he really didn't... he made like 3 really impressive looking catches and disappeared. He did about as much on a per game basis as Etienne did and you all couldn't wait to run Etienne out of town. Kelly making the team means the scouts failed to bring in anyone better and that is not a good thing. 

Not liking what he did last year should not entirely invalidate all the good things he has done this year.

Sounds like a bad one. Prolly occured when [Moore] got jammed by the Argo DB stretching for a catch.

No word on how long he's out for but my estimate (back injuries) is minimum 2 games to as many as 10 games.

Yes, Nate :rolleyes: .

Read on twitter that Nick Moore was back practicing yesterday. How's he looking today?

My estimate is a minimum of no games to a maximum of all games.  Im sure Ill be right.