Graig Newman out for the year with a broken ankle

Mike

Half way thru the slow-mo replay we knew he was done for the year.  That looked awful.  Hope they give him the finest morphine Calgary has to offer, and hope he gets well soon.

He's going to need it as the stumble-bum paramedics couldn't even lift him into the ambulance properly. I don't know what was harder to watch, the replay of his ankle snapping or the Keystone Kops routine trying to load him into the ambulance.

Half way thru the slow-mo replay we knew he was done for the year.  That looked awful.  Hope they give him the finest morphine Calgary has to offer, and hope he gets well soon.

He's going to need it as the stumble-bum paramedics couldn't even lift him into the ambulance properly. I don't know what was harder to watch, the replay of his ankle snapping or the Keystone Kops routine trying to load him into the ambulance.

Yeah, that looked amateurish. But I do know paramedics in Calgary are highly trained & professional so I don't know what was up with that.

Yeah, that looked amateurish. But I do know paramedics in Calgary are highly trained & professional so I don't know what was up with that.

National TV jitters?

Apparently MOS said today he is holding out hope that Newman can return this season.

On 1290 this AM, it was announced that his ankle is broken and the ligaments have been damaged, so if he's back this year, it will be as a spectator.

Willie Mosesly played MIddle Linebacker in College

http://www.ubbullrun.com/2014/5/20/5732474/willie-moseley-linebacker-winnipeg-bluebombers

Willie Moseley came to Buffalo as an All-District defensive end who, was slated by Turner Gill to play that postilion on UB's then 4-3 defensive set. In 2009, after one year as a red shirt, Moseley played in a hand full of games as a defensive end racking up three tackles, including one for a loss.

Then came the staff changes of 2010. The new staff dumped the old 4-3 defense and brought in their hybrid 3-4 defense. To help fill in at linebacker the coaches took the Athletic Moseley off the line and moved him to the outside linebacker spot. During 2010 he was parked right behind Khalil Mack. And that's kind of the way things stayed for a while.

Going into 2012 it looked as if Moseley would once again be depth behind Khalil Mack but once again Willie had an impressive spring. He got noticed by the staff and UB still had depth issues related to the scheme change. The immediate need was at inside linebacker. Moseley would be a starter but in the middle of a 3-4 defense.

I don't know whay he measures up to by CFL standards but one of Willies strenghts at Buffalo was moving around the defense to help with depth or production wherever we needed it..

http://www.ubbullrun.com/2014/5/20/5732474/willie-moseley-linebacker-winnipeg-bluebombers

Willie Moseley came to Buffalo as an All-District defensive end who, was slated by Turner Gill to play that postilion on UB's then 4-3 defensive set. In 2009, after one year as a red shirt, Moseley played in a hand full of games as a defensive end racking up three tackles, including one for a loss.

Then came the staff changes of 2010. The new staff dumped the old 4-3 defense and brought in their hybrid 3-4 defense. To help fill in at linebacker the coaches took the Athletic Moseley off the line and moved him to the outside linebacker spot. During 2010 he was parked right behind Khalil Mack. And that's kind of the way things stayed for a while.

Going into 2012 it looked as if Moseley would once again be depth behind Khalil Mack but once again Willie had an impressive spring. He got noticed by the staff and UB still had depth issues related to the scheme change. The immediate need was at inside linebacker. Moseley would be a starter but in the middle of a 3-4 defense.

I don't know whay he measures up to by CFL standards but one of Willies strenghts at Buffalo was moving around the defense to help with depth or production wherever we needed it..

Since you brought him up ... what was the book on Moseley in college? He seems to move well on the big field but the one thing I've been really underwhelmed with is his tackling. For a guy that size, he's sure had a hard time wrapping guys up.

Since you brought him up ... what was the book on Moseley in college? He seems to move well on the big field but the one thing I've been really underwhelmed with is his tackling. For a guy that size, he's sure had a hard time wrapping guys up.

Really fast guy, good range of motion but not the best tackler in the world. He is a hard hitter who I have seen try to hist his way through a tackle rather than wrap up.

It was hard for him in College because he kept getting moved around, and then he got stuck behind Khalil Mack.