Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bearpants

Members

Everything posted by bearpants

  1. My problem with Smith is he's a major project... especially on the O-line... he may be able to start on at DT from the beginning or in a rotation with Lucas and/or Thomas... It seems like Lavertu is the only guy close to a "sure thing" in this draft.... another possibility being thrown around is taking Focault to play RT and converting Neufeld to C.... we seem to have a bunch of project o-linemen but none appear to be centres.... January - Greaves - Neufeld - Penser/Morley/Swiston - Focault ???
  2. I wouldn't care too much if we won a cup by spending slightly over the cap.... if the league wants to be serious about penalizing teams for going over then start taking away draft picks.... dollar for dollar on $18k is no big deal
  3. They definitely won't be drafting LDT first overall... they needs guys who can play now, not futures.... especially guys who may never play in the CFL
  4. I very much doubt that there are any grudges held about the players selected.... Huff knew Ottawa was taking one of his QBs, just not sure which.... Also I would argue that trading for him might actually be beneficial to us or BC cuz then it comes with his "cap-friendly" salary....
  5. Seeing Desjardins blow it is kinda satisfying... to review, of the players he drafted in the expansion draft 1 has resigned with his original team (Kohlert), 1 has retired (Hage) and 1 wants out (KG).... of course the bad part about this is it's basically a guarantee Ottawa takes Lavertu first overall now...
  6. Yeah reading that definitely worried me... Does he mean there is literally no playbook or that guys will not be required to stick to the exact scheme, allowing them to make plays where they see fit.... that latter I can live with, give the players a little bit of autonomy...
  7. I'd welcome Hall back but I won't lose any sleep if he isn't here... preferably in the NFL, not on another team terrorizing our young o-line/QBs
  8. I'm noting of an expert on this upcoming draft but I wonder why some people rank Smith ahead of Gill based purely on his combine?... Gill's tape should put him ahead of Smith on every level
  9. The biggest problem I could see is not a lot of teams will trade down cuz of lack of depth in this draft.... but still fun to talk about.... so to make this truly a dream scenario... Ottawa takes Foucault #1, we take Lavertu #2 and Gill #5 and they start at C and DT respectively from day one for the next 10 years!
  10. Nice that the entire staff is finally official...
  11. Detroit or BC? http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Grigsby+seeks+measure+with+Lions/6674771/story.html Thanks
  12. These first two posts basically sum up everyone's opinion...
  13. Well if he's no good at Football maybe he can take up a career in Meth production? I seem to recall somewhere that you can make a fortune at this My understanding is it doesn't typically end well...
  14. Detroit or BC?
  15. What does pwned mean? I feel like I'm young enough I should know this... Also, I agree with most that Max Hall is better than Elliot.... Elliot has better ability to scramble and maybe a stronger arm, but equally as inaccurate so there's no real advantage there...
  16. Pretty unrealistic to think we would use our #2 overall pick on a guy who is a project on O-line, let alone a centre... Would be nice to have that 2nd rounder right now, Smith or Gill could be available at #11
  17. I'd certainly welcome Hall back.... Hall and Vega on the ends could be deadly
  18. 2015 fourth rounder
  19. I'm very surprised this actually has some legs and a legitimate shot of going through.... I kinda figured this was just one of those things someone threw on the table and it would get quickly swept aside...
  20. So when a running back breaks off a 40 yard run that is brought back cuz of a phantom hold, that's not a drastic play?? Also, since when is holding the "most obvious call to make"? Holding is probably the most subjective call that exists in football... you could argue there's holding by any lineman on almost every play... Penalties should never be review-able, it just opens up a huge can of worms.... Like I said previously, train the officials better and accept the fact that human error will always exist no matter how well trained they are
  21. Has there been confirmation that he's actually in town?
  22. this is quite possibly the stupidest idea I've heard in a long time.... the correct solution is to properly train the officials and expect that human error will come in to play every once and a while...
  23. If this is true, it's definitely out best coaching move this offseason...
  24. I was just thinking it's getting a little late to have not named an Oline coach yet.... Not terribly optimistic that we'll get Wylie but I'll hold out hope until it's in stone... Chiu was a centre, correct? That might be helpful for developing a young centre

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.