Everything posted by BigBlueFanatic
-
Pavs
According to the Freep last night's performance improves them to 7th league wide for goals against. Now to see if they can be consistently this good.
-
Mike O'shea - Sad Reality
It's not just O'Shea; player recruiting and the coordinators need to be better next season. Was surprised to be reminded Benevides is in his third season as an HC - there were plenty of times when I thought for sure he was gonna get axed. Here some are saying chop O'Shea by Labour Day??!! Obviously if the team goes winless the first half of next season then sure (as that would basically be a seasons worth of straight losses). I don't believe that will happen. The management genuinely seems to care and I think they'll use the offseason to think real hard about the good and the bad this year.
-
O'Shea hands away the LDC
Agree - acknowledging the need to improve run defence would be a good start. You'd think that with all the film on Kuale this season that it should be an easy decision to give Kromah a shot to be a consistent difference maker
-
O'Shea hands away the LDC
Like what you wrote, especially how the record and the excitement gets our expectations a little out of whack. Too bad Matthews is on the Seahawks PR
-
Vega Healthy Scratch for Sunday
Fraser got hurt and Anderson went in for the rest of the game, with Turner moving to DE (according to Cuthbert) With the injuries piling up Hunt and Hall sure sound like what the doctor is calling for...
-
Our new jersey
My wife just pointed out that the new unis might cause the refs to confuse the Bombers with the mothership in TO and that we should see a lot of phantom and non-calls go our way LOL
-
Riders unveil their "Signature Look" jersey
See a Dieter Brock jersey in the time appropriate colours is totally not hipster. A new "fan" who's never heard of the bombers before last year suddenly wants to look "authentic" so has a 2014 rookie's name on a royal blue... Well that's hipster - or it would be if anything remotely connected to football could be hipster.
-
Riders unveil their "Signature Look" jersey
Agree A 20 year old fan wearing a royal blue jersey with Grigsby stenciled on it is waaaaay more hipster than an outright ugly jersey. Hipster isn't just a word people use for whatever they don't like.
-
Winnipeg vs. Hamilton discussion thread
Sherman hasn't been perfect, I mean even #RandleIsland forgot how to tackle during the EE game. Sherman has had many fine moments, and so far has been a big play turnover-causing machine.
-
Pizza in Edmonton
Capital pizza is good
-
GDT: Edmonton @ Winnipeg
On the one hand I told myself these kind of games are bound to happen. All to often I caught myself cursing at the TV (I'm in Edmonton) and wondering what I'd done to get exiled back to 2013... What a circus show of errors and futility. The exact opposite of the kind of game I was hoping to see, win or lose.
-
Bombers interested in Romby Bryant?
LOL I don't post often but I've been around here long enough to expect this. What? Reasonably suppose that MOS is smart enough to discern between talking to the media or his players? Absurd! TBurg doesn't know if he does, so neither can anyone else. But wait, the season isn't even one regular game old and he hasn't thrown his cap in the dirt or wrung his hands (figuratively speaking) while despairing over his team's shortcomings! What a Suzy Sunshine!
-
Bombers interested in Romby Bryant?
Seriously, what MOS presents to the media and how he addresses the players on the field can't possibly be the same as some are making it seem. The flip side is that bizarre Gary Lawless article warning against MOS going full-Vesuvius on the team.
-
A Look at the Blue Bombers Offensive Line
Jordan Taormina - he of the never effective falling down pass-block move
-
CB Stephon Morris
Video says 5'9" 190 lbs... But the psu site says 5'8" 186 lbs. Either way, a playmaker cb with some wheels. Looking forward to seeing more Danny Mac/Ted Goveia prospects at camp.
-
What I miss from the Good Ole Days
I miss the Twin Geralds... Alphin and Wilcox were fun to watch.
-
Jets Etc.
His composure and positioning were just so solid compared to Pav's work against Vancouver... It was a great opportunity to watch them back to back this week for sure.
-
Jets Etc.
Montoya serves up 30 saves and one goal allowed as the Habs get dumped twice in one weekend!
-
Gary Etcheverry interviewed for Bombers DC job
^ what he said! He's been coaching pretty much constantly since he retired from the CFL and has been successful in building/rebuilding defenses.
-
Bombers @ MTL GDT
After an amazing catch by Edwards Hall fumbles a horrid snap. Only this Bombers clown show could convert 5 Alouette turnovers into a 3 point lead...
-
Quarterback
I dunno, Casey Bramlet brutally crapped the bed once upon a time...
-
Reilly - Old News
LOL fair point regarding Buck. I agree that was a terrible decision to anoint him the starter for this season. Goltz had been in the system for three years, so why not give him a shot given the physical tools he has (how do you know if he will pan out? You won't know until you know, for better or for worse) too bad it all turned to shite. Bomber coaching and o-line deficiencies don't help either. I'll admit as a fan I never looked too deeply into Hall's history - but unless he magically transforms into a winner I wouldn't "settle" for him either. That said Hervey rolled the dice with Reilly, who until this year had played less than a handful of games, and won. Guess that makes him a genius rather than lucky, never mind his team's crappy record and lunatic head coach.
-
Reilly - Old News
Pffft yeah Hervey is a "good" GM because he took a gamble on a QB who hadn't proved anything at the time. Reilly has turned out to be a good one, no denying that - but you are close to sounding like you have a crystal ball as to who will be an all-star and who will be a bum.
-
Pencer to start at Right Guard
Not bad considering he started at guard, then moved to RT with Jake Thomas standing next to him...
-
Justin Goltz
Certainly wasn't impressed with Goltz today. Hall moved the ball a bit but took a beating thanks to Shannon Boatman the blue and gold turnstile. I saw Boatman literally standing around while Esk defenders blew right past him. Give Boatman his walking papers. I'd rather see Jake Thomas as RT the rest of the season then put up with no.60