Winnipeg vs. Hamilton discussion thread

Looks like Butler is in a boot. That could be good news.

Thursday we'll get to watch another game from Mcmaster. The cameras are so close to the action Drew Willy better pop all of his zits.

LeFevour looked good against Ottawa, I hope we don't underestimate him. In fact, I'd almost rather face Collaros, given Hamilton doesn't know how to gameplan to his strengths.

My biggest concern going in is LaFevour exploits us the same way Reilly did... hopefully our LBs have their tracking devices working Thurs night... and tackling the way we did against BC 

If they don't contain him I am going to lose my ****.

LeFevour is an excellent runner, right on par with Reilly.  He is also very accurate.  BUT his arm strength is lacking, IMO.  His mental game should get a workout vs the Etcheverry defence.  If we can contain him to the pocket, we will win.

LeFevour is an excellent runner, right on par with Reilly.  He is also very accurate.  BUT his arm strength is lacking, IMO.  His mental game should get a workout vs the Etcheverry defence.  If we can contain him to the pocket, we will win.

From what I watched he was accurate on the short throws. Didn't see many long throws. His best asset is his legs.

My biggest concern going in is LaFevour exploits us the same way Reilly did... hopefully our LBs have their tracking devices working Thurs night... and tackling the way we did against BC 

It would be hard to believe a QB could achieve the same success that Reilly did.

After all, it was done mostly with ad-libbed, broken plays that Reilly ran with sheer will power….and lots of poor tackling.

You can bet that the Bombers are looking for Reilly the next chance we get.

As for LeFevour, he may be running, but it won't be because of breakdowns in the defence…it will be because he has to.

If the Bombers are as intense and focused on the short game and the running game as last week, we should prevail.

LeFevour running doesn't concern me in the sense that he'll be easier to bring down than Reilly because he's not nearly as physically strong as Reilly. What does concern me is the amount of option plays Hamilton runs with him. Our ends are going to have to be extremely disciplined and the linebackers can't get caught hesitating either when Hamilton uses their option plays.

Jim Toth ‏@JimTothSports 1m

More injury trouble on #Bombers O-Line as Dan Knapp is injured. @BobIrvingCJOB will have more from practice today.

Not concerned by this at all actually. Hamilton only has six sacks so far this season. Goossen should be able to hold himself just fine.

Swiston time !?

I did see Swiston on the sidelines last game dressed to play.  Don't know if he got in at all though.

Jim Toth ‏@JimTothSports 1m

More injury trouble on #Bombers O-Line as Dan Knapp is injured. @BobIrvingCJOB will have more from practice today.

Not concerned by this at all actually. Hamilton only has six sacks so far this season. Goossen should be able to hold himself just fine.

Swiston time !?

I did see Swiston on the sidelines last game dressed to play.  Don't know if he got in at all though.

He was a late addition because Alexander hurt late in the last day of practice and didnt travel with the team to BC.