O'Shea hands away the LDC

White Out

Gutless, cowardly call. Now the yokels get to power drink and have cousin lovin' tonight after the 10th straight ldc loss.

this one is on:

1= our worthless defence 

2= reffing, specifically a blatant missed offside on the game winning drive

3= osheas call

Go ahead, slam away.

Gutless, cowardly call. Now the yokels get to power drink and have cousin lovin' tonight after the 10th straight ldc loss.

this one is on:

1= our worthless defence 

3= osheas call

Go ahead, slam away.

No slam....just reverse the order...

this one is on:

1= our worthless defence 

3= osheas call

Go ahead, slam away.

Relax.  It was an excellent game that could have gone either way.  The referees were bad but they definitely blew calls both ways.

Knee jerk reactions are fun.

it wasn't knee jerk when suitor called him out on tv, and it wasn't knee jerk when i said in chat it was a brutal call. we were jsut fine getting 3rd and 1 before in the game, and in the cfl they have to line up a yard away from you. qb sneak, get the 1st, run clock, maybe get 6. even if u dont get 6 you run clock and force durant to make throws.

was  our d brutal? yep im pretty sure i nominated them as a place to blame.  but in the end oshea made a cowardly call.

it wasn't knee jerk when suitor called him out on tv, and it wasn't knee jerk when i said in chat it was a brutal call. we were jsut fine getting 3rd and 1 before in the game, and in the cfl they have to line up a yard away from you. qb sneak, get the 1st, run clock, maybe get 6. even if u dont get 6 you run clock and force durant to make throws.

was  our d brutal? yep im pretty sure i nominated them as a place to blame.  but in the end oshea made a cowardly call.

O'Shea is the best thing to happen to the Bombers in years.  Excellent young coach.

Ehhh what a surprise, I knew this was coming, someone upset we didn't go for it on 3rd and 1.

TBH, I wanted him to go for it too, but you always gotta play smart in this game to inspire confidence in a young team, especially one playing on the road, and when you got a clutch kicker like Hajrallahu, you let him kick and hope your defense can make a stop.  Because ...

1.  If you go for it but don't make the first, it looks even worse on O'Shea's part and even more people second guess him.

2.  Even if you do make the first, I get a feeling we still don't score a TD on that play, and that's what maybe 40 seconds burned at the most down there?  Still too much time for the Riders to score anyway.  And even if you do make the TD, Defense still needs to make a stop, and we just didn't do that.

But look on the bright side, this was the most competitive LDC game I've seen in a while, even if we did come up on the short end of the stick again.  Let's romp em in the banjo bowl next week eh?

O'Shea is the best thing to happen to the Bombers in years.  Excellent young coach.

This is known as the big picture....

If the bombers were stuffed on the 3rd and 1(which can happen to any team at any time) the same people would be bitching how he didn't take the points. I thought it was a good call. Defence should have done their job. This team needs some real LBs.

Well 3 pts didn't make a goddam difference did it? 7 would have.

If the bombers were stuffed on the 3rd and 1(which can happen to any team at any time) the same people would be bitching how he didn't take the points. I thought it was a good call. Defence should have done their job. This team needs some real LBs.

Yeah, that turned out well, didn't it?

Typing this forty times in the chat room wasn't enough...?

He wasn't the only one. You happy with the call?

Yes, actually.  Sask has one of the best DL in the league... everyone would be barking "We have the best kicker in the league and OShea puts in Marve... what was he thinking?  Wah"

In the following drive, Sask gets a great spot for 3rd and inches and then we are still one sweater grab away from stopping them even then.  Then Kuale's offside I believe and wheels come off our D.

OShea coached a good game.  So did MB.

It was Etch who was too conservative this game... that and we have some personnel holes to fill.

You guys that are in hysterics have to calm down and realize that was one of the best games of the year in the CFL where two teams fought hard and in the end it came down to whomever had the ball last.

Officials be damned, gambles be damned, if we had more time we would have marched down the field and scored too.

Both teams exposed weaknesses, so how come we're the only ones who have bad players?

Does anybody now believe that we can't go into a playoff situation against this team and win?

I saw a damned good effort out there and the Roughriders knew they were in a game today.