Game 47 : Coyotes @ Jets

They played very well until the last 10 minutes when they simply checked out...  for some reason they didn't seem to want to clear the puck out of the zone and ended up with way to many turnovers on cute passes.  

It didn't help that Pavelec let in two softies. 

It also didn't help that the refs seem to hate us today... some fringe calls,  weak icing call on Kane near the end of the game.... misses calls on our guys.... refs did not like us today. 

Two softies?!?! What game were you watching? The first goal he was being screened by 5 players standing within 2 feet of the crease and the second and third goals were deflected by players standing right in front of him. If you consider those soft goals I can't see how any goalie could ever meet your standards.

Two softies?!?! What game were you watching? The first goal he was being screened by 5 players standing within 2 feet of the crease and the second and third goals were deflected by players standing right in front of him. If you consider those soft goals I can't see how any goalie could ever meet your standards.

The last two goals he was out of position... Pavs seems like a fish out of water flopping around.     They were definitely not great goals that he let in,   my standards are not that high but considering a rookie has been out playing him this season and a career backup out played him last season...... I don't think highly of him.     He's a very expensive back up goalie these days.

So according to you, a power play goal that went off the stick and then the skate of the Coyotes' player who was standing practically on top of him is Pavs' fault.

Goal2.jpg

and the third goal that was tipped past him by a Coyote who was a foot outside the crease with a bunch of traffic in front of him is Pavs' fault.

Goal3.jpg

Good grief. I doubt any goalie would have stopped either of those.

The last two goals he was out of position... Pavs seems like a fish out of water flopping around.     They were definitely not great goals that he let in,   my standards are not that high but considering a rookie has been out playing him this season and a career backup out played him last season...... I don't think highly of him.     He's a very expensive back up goalie these days.

It's easy enough sometimes to say a goalie let in a couple of softies - but save it, that didn't happen last night.

Unless the puck just hits you, you won't stop those kind of deflections.

Pavelic was pure Pavelic last night, and the Jets won just as much because of him as with anybody else.

Jets looked tired all game long, pretty understandable considering it was their 7th game in 11 days. Finished with a 5-1-1 record there too. Not bad. Pav played very well, didn't get much help back there for most of the night, several grade A chances for Arizona but Pav stood tall and made the big saves. Blaming him for any of those goals tonight is crazy.. One was a bad giveaway, that i suppose you can blame Pav on since he was the one that shot it away in the first place but the last 2? Nah, a deflection and then a double deflection? No goalie in the league is gonna stop those ones that's for sure. Pav has actually played quite well the last 2 or 3 even 4 games now, just doesn't seem to get much help. Regardless, 2 points is 2 points and now tied with the Blackhawks for third in the central. WHo would have thought that. 

I have noticed something tho, when the Jets play on Sportsnet or  Citi TV, regardless it's a sportsnet production, they really aren't very good. Perhaps they are listening to the very boring announcing during the game and it's putting them too sleep cuz god knows it darn near puts me to sleep. Bob Cole might be a legend but the guy is so boring now and doesn't really have a clue what is going on at all, Greg Millen seems angry all the time, It's just not a good combination at all. Sportsnet really needs to do something about their announcing teams, cuz COLE and Millen absolutely suck, Just no excitement at all, they are just so boring to listen too, it honestly makes the game seem more boring than it is. Oh well, On to Columbus on Wednesday, I'll be at that game :) Hopefully the Jets are rested and come out and pound them before getting a much needed break. It's insane this last little schedule they have been on, West Coast to Winnipeg to Dallas to Chicago to Winnipeg all in 11 nights, Brutal schedule but like i said, 5-1-1 on the toughest part of the schedule is huge. 

Didn't you know?  All goals let in by Pavelec are considered soft.

Brutal schedule but like i said, 5-1-1 on the toughest part of the schedule is huge. 

7 games in 11 nights makes it challenging but the schedule still has some very tough sections remaining.  For example, 5 games in 8 nights to end the season, vs. Vancouver, @Minnesota, @St.Louis, @Colorado, vs. Calgary.  Could be a critical stretch.

Not saying they can't handle it, just saying there are still plenty of tough sections on the schedule.

He was practically inside the net on that third one. But I won't fault him. We won.

I'd agree that he should have been out further but that stretch of hockey was really ugly for the Jets and Pav was in the middle of a shitstorm so I can't blame him.  Good win and good for him to come up tall in the shootout.

Buff's penalty at the end of regulation was brutal. That's the kind of crap teenagers in house league pull.

BS penalty by a thin-skinned ref.  Buff gives him a dirty look and the guy shits his pants.

He knocked the puck away from the linesman when he was bent over to pick it up. The ref saw it and called the penalty.

Buff's penalty at the end of regulation was brutal. That's the kind of crap teenagers in house league pull.

BS penalty by a thin-skinned ref.  Buff gives him a dirty look and the guy shits his pants.

He knocked the puck away from the linesman when he was bent over to pick it up. The ref saw it and called the penalty.

lol really???  I missed that.  Classic Buff.  Great play.

Lol the photo evidence completely showed how out of place Pavs was on the third goal... Thanks for making my point!

Thankfully he showed up during the shootouts!

What that photo doesn't show tho is Pav making 2 or 3 saves prior to it and all the traffic in front of him including 6'5 inch Dustin Byfuglien. 

Seriously putting that goal on him when he made 2 or 3 big saves before hand and the team had at least 2 chances to clear the puck out of the zone and failed to do so is kind of ridiculous actually. 

Lol the photo evidence completely showed how out of place Pavs was on the third goal... Thanks for making my point!

Thankfully he showed up during the shootouts!

What that photo doesn't show tho is Pav making 2 or 3 saves prior to it and all the traffic in front of him including 6'5 inch Dustin Byfuglien. 

Seriously putting that goal on him when he made 2 or 3 big saves before hand and the team had at least 2 chances to clear the puck out of the zone and failed to do so is kind of ridiculous actually. 

It was 3 saves in that sequence prior to the deflection.