How long is Willy's leash?

Nah, would have lame nicknames for just about everyone. The guy has a huge ego. He could never just post like everyone else. He thinks his nicknames are funny & clever when they're just pathetic from a guy who was a failed radio jock.

Edited by iso_55

1 hour ago, Root said:

I don't think it makes much diff whether Wade meddles in football ops or keeps selling tickets & advertising. None of the group of Miller, Walters, O'Shea have really distinguished themselves as quality football men. Earnest? Yes!  Hard-Working? Probably, although questions now abound on the country club atmosphere during bomber training camp and practices. S

So nothing really new here. Lyle Bauer interfered all the time. Miller trained under Bauer. End of very short story!

Did Miller train under Bauer?  He was on the team, yes, but I won't recall Bauer training him in a management-type role.

Rielly was probably hit more frequently and injured more often than Willy in his first few seasons with the Esks and he has bounced back a few times to become one of the best, if not the best, quarterbacks in the league.  Guy is a winner.  Some players are just more resilient than others.

1 hour ago, iso_55 said:

Wade needs to stay out of it. Nothing good will come of this. How would he feel if the Bomber Board started meddling in his job as President? #organizationindeaththrows?

Disagree, somebody with football knowledge has to force O'Shea to make changes if he won't make them himself.  Not good to have upper management forcing these kinds of decisions but I don't think Wade expected that O'Shea would handle the QB situation as badly as he has.  Wade feels the pressure to sell seats and the losing record the last couple of years has probably cost the Bombers millions in lost revenue.

22 minutes ago, blueandgoldguy said:

Rielly was probably hit more frequently and injured more often than Willy in his first few seasons with the Esks and he has bounced back a few times to become one of the best, if not the best, quarterbacks in the league.  Guy is a winner.  Some players are just more resilient than others.

Most of it is about overcoming fear of injury again. Reilly is iron nails tough.

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Disagree, somebody with football knowledge has to force O'Shea to make changes if he won't make them himself.  Not good to have upper management forcing these kinds of decisions but I don't think Wade expected that O'Shea would handle the QB situation as badly as he has.  Wade feels the pressure to sell seats and the losing record the last couple of years has probably cost the Bombers millions in lost revenue.

If he really wanted to sell tickets he'd have made a head coaching change last November instead of perhaps mid season. O'Shea was Dead Man Walking even before then.

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Willy reminds me of Pierce post Jyles..  I don't kknow if he ever will recover... 

AND IF Miller is meddling, like some have suggested..right about now ,considering the state of affairs around here, someone better appear to be doing something...our coach sure as hell isn't.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

If it comes down to Miller or Walters having to order O'Shea to bench Willy, then for sure we need a new head coach, and as soon as a temporary replacement can be found.

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Assuming the season continues at it is and O'Shea is fired, what quality candidates will want to come here if they know Miller may interfere in the decision - making process.

7 minutes ago, blueandgoldguy said:

Assuming the season continues at it is and O'Shea is fired, what quality candidates will want to come here if they know Miller may interfere in the decision - making process.

I would argue any bridges Miller burns by ordering O'Shea around now were burnt quite a long time ago unfortunately.

16 hours ago, Mike said:

I do NOT want us getting rid of Willy until we have a viable alternative on our roster.

I also don't understand why anyone cares how much money he is making. It has nothing to do with the issue. You're not paying him, so who cares. It's not like his contract is preventing us from doing anything else. If we needed flexibility to acquire another franchise QB to give 400k, you cut Willy as soon as you have the other one locked up.

Like Desjardin did with Harris and Burris.

14 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

I don't know if this statement by O'Shea was for Willy's benefit, but if it is an unsolicited vote of confidence for him, it must have provoked the sound of slapping of faces all over Winnipeg. It would seem that O'Shea has firmly tied his fate to Willy.

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Pretty obvious considering the other options. Anyone check out a practice this year? If not. You should and watch willy and Nichols. There is a reason willy is starting.  It's because Nichols sucks. 

Yeah I don't want Nichols in the line up either. Edmonton gave him away to a division rival for peanuts for a reason. 

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

As an in-game backup, sure let's roll with Nichols.

If I had to pick a new starter for a week with advance notice, I'm rolling with Davis.

The reason you have Nichols is for the experience coming off the bench. He is a good backup. He is not the future, he has had many times in Edmonton to grab starters job, he isn't good enough.