Next up Edmonton

If the Bombers can carry anything with them from the Hammy game I hope it is fight.  If there is anything I expected to see from a team coached by Mike O'Shea it is fight, but sadly that has been lacking the first two years plus two games of this year.  It's late coming but never to late to begin, so hopefully this is the first step in creating a team identity which reflects the character of their coach.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Agreed. Being optimistic, if Willy can hit those throws, our offense is going to be really good.

I think the Ti Cats only got to Willy 3 or 4 times all game which is a lot better than his previous games & his first 2 years here.

You have to bird-dog Bowman and pressure Reilly so they don't pick us apart....Keep a tight rein on White and hope our D in general kicks it up a notch...then we have a chance...Dress and Ryan have to come up big and I wouldn't expect much else but 'solid' from Harris on the offensive side of the ball...Throw in a few wrinkles involving Jace Davis and Adams and we could upset this club coming in here on a 4 day turnaround ..We shall see...Wouldn't that be nice to put two wins together in this tough stretch and a great confidence builder..

Need more Dresser and Smith getting in sync with Willy....this O is only firing on 4-5 cylinders, at the moment.  And yes, Reilly is a different proposition, that the QB we faced, last week.   Bomber front 7 looked better.....but this game will be the deal for them....

Reilly does not seem to be as mobile this year as past years, probably out of self-preservation and coaches' instructions, and he is not as effective when he stays put. To beat the Esks, the Bomber front seven will have to be at least as good as they were against Hamilton and the secondary will have to be even better. By no means are the Esks going to be as easy to beat as Hamilton, so the offence will have to step it up even more. The Bomber O-line kept a pretty good Hamilton D-line off Willy for the most part and I am not sure Edmonton's D-line is as good, but their linebackers are better, so they will have to be watched for blitzes. If Bowman gets the ball often, he will shred the Bomber secondary, and the other Edmonton receivers aren't bad either.

Linebackers need to have a huge game...  Randle up against Walker

Macho Harris needs a huge game at Safety, can't let Bowman sneak in behind coverage

DL needs to worry about contain more than sacks - take away Reilly's scrambling and outs to White

Offence just needs to stay on the field, I'm fine with dink'n'dunk... for now.

12 hours ago, Floyd said:

Linebackers need to have a huge game...  Randle up against Walker

Macho Harris needs a huge game at Safety, can't let Bowman sneak in behind coverage

DL needs to worry about contain more than sacks - take away Reilly's scrambling and outs to White

Offence just needs to stay on the field, I'm fine with dink'n'dunk... for now.

Best accept it brother, running a ball control offence is going to be the hallmark of the LaPo-Willy partnership,

We need to contain Reilly or it's going to be a long night. I would imagine Edmonton running a lot of zone-reads to keep our DE's honest.

Willy needs that medium to deep accuracy so we can test the new unproven DB's. We have the horses to go vertical, time for Willy to start hitting them (in stride hopefully!)

On 09/07/2016 at 11:57 PM, holoman said:

If the Bombers score more points ..I think they'll have a chance

On 10/07/2016 at 4:06 AM, IC Khari said:

If they do that I'm guaranteeing a win!

I'd even go as far as saying the team that scores the most points will win the game... take it to the bank...

You need to shut down White on the ground. Goosen needs a big game against Sewell.  Esks are beatable. Their vaunted defense has given up 82 points in two games, a mere shadow of its former self. Nothing scary about the Esks anymore.

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

You need to shut down White on the ground. Goosen needs a big game against Sewell.  Esks are beatable. Their vaunted defense has given up 82 points in two games, a mere shadow of its former self. Nothing scary about the Esks anymore.

They handled Nevis and a re-invigorated Chick pretty well last week so they should be able to deal with the Esks. rush as long as they keep getting the ball away quickly.  Two sacks given against Hammy is pretty good compared to past history.

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

They handled Nevis and a re-invigorated Chick pretty well last week so they should be able to deal with the Esks. rush as long as they keep getting the ball away quickly.  Two sacks given against Hammy is pretty good compared to past history.

Agreed. But the heart of Edmonton's defense is in the middle. opposite of Hamilton

7 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Ted Laurant is heart of Hamiltons dline

Nevis also spent time inside, he threw Hardrick out of the way on one play like a sack of potatoes.  There really are some amazing D-lines this year, should be fun to watch.

Fact Check: Nevis and Laurant play DT with Tracy and Chick on the wings.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne