Around The NHL 2016/2017

44 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Owner's company name has Knights in it.

Yes, his company name is Black Knights as homage to Army Black Knights.  So Black Knights makes sense in that regard plus Vegas has some military connections.  But if its not Black Knights, then "Knights" makes little sense.  I wonder why Black Knights was rejected...unless the Army itself had an issue with its use.

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yes, his company name is Black Knights as homage to Army Black Knights.  So Black Knights makes sense in that regard plus Vegas has some military connections.  But if its not Black Knights, then "Knights" makes little sense.  I wonder why Black Knights was rejected...unless the Army itself had an issue with its use.

Maybe its a play on Las Vegas nights?

12 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Maybe its a play on Las Vegas nights?

Yeah...I dont mind that I guess.  if it was just "Knights" as a play on the "Nights" but giving it a clunky second word sort of removes the double meaning.  I guess people would call them the Snites without the first word.  That will be their nick name, the S'nites.

Its a shame the NHL wouldnt allow any play on gambling for the name since that's Vegas' major claim to fame.  Las Vegas Mobsters? lol

Personally I really don't care what they call the team. With that said tho... if it was me and I was starting a team in the nhl... and I was in a 2 worded city... Las Vegas Los Angeles San Francisco etc... 

The last name of my team would not be 2 worded. It's just a little 2 wordy for my liking. Knights works. Las Vegas Knights. Sounds good. Why go with the 2 worded last name when you are a 2 worded city. Just sounds so stupid 

13 hours ago, Mike said:

37 goals last year without Crosby. He's a solid piece.

He is. Will he be when he's 36 when the deal is done tho? I'd take him on my team in a second tho for sure. Guy you love to hate. Every team needs those guys. 

Edited by Goalie

He's the youngest captain in league history so there's a record right there.  I would assume 45 games is also a record but everyone knew this was coming.  Chiarelli basically said as much in the off season & Taylor Hall said he was the leader on the ice by the end of last season.