Around The NHL 2016/2017

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

He said he thinks it "looks like" Trouba's camp wants out, but he doesn't have any inside knowledge of the situation.

True enough the only people that know for sure are Trouba and his agent and they haven't said anything in public, of course that could change in a months time.

Yakapov                
      Ryan Murray                
      Alex Galchenyuk                
      Griffin Reinhart                
      Morgan Rielly                
      Hampus Lindholm                
      Mathew Dumba                
      Derrick Pouliot                
      Jacob Trouba                

Slater Koekkoek

The top 10 draft picks of 2012.....the bolded are not defensemen. wow

I think for Pronger they get the cap hit but his salary is paid from the injury insurance.  Same might be true for Bolland. And Datsyuk I thought retired so doesn't get paid but the cap hit was there because of his age  

They are basically making their cap space a commodity to take on these contracts, freeing up space for other teams, with the price being young prospects  

Coyotes have something like 28 million coming off their cap next year... Datsyuk is just a cap hit, he's not getting paid but that comes off the cap next year... Pronger i believe comes off next year, I believe Mike Smith, the goalie is a free agent, they are gonna have a ton of cash next season to spend. 

491k for Prongor and 20% of Bolland's contract........I think. Cap hits are way more and 7.5 cap hit for Datsyuk but zero actual salary.

2.7m this year and 3.2m next season for Ribiero and Vermette. Lots of money for people never seeing the ice but they are building a great team by the looks of it. A conditional 2nd and a 3rd for Crouse? wow...

Fun fact: Jets were offered Crouse and Florida 1st for Ladd... said no. 

At the 2016 draft b4 trading pick 22 and 36 to Philly for pick 18 and the 3rd Rd pick... Florida offered Crouse for pick 22. Jets said No again. 

Crouse probably not as good as some think he will be. Pretty average player. Probably 3rd liner at best 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Fun fact: Jets were offered Crouse and Florida 1st for Ladd... said no. 

At the 2016 draft b4 trading pick 22 and 36 to Philly for pick 18 and the 3rd Rd pick... Florida offered Crouse for pick 22. Jets said No again. 

Crouse probably not as good as some think he will be. Pretty average player. Probably 3rd liner at best 

Beats Dano at this point.