Around The NHL 2016/2017

Hawerchuk thinks Scheif is one of the faster guys in the league right now. Talks about how the scouts were saying he wasn't a good enough skater. He thinks that sometimes you have to look beyond what they are at the moment and look at their attitude and nobody has a better attitude than Mark...good interview......speaks about p laying with Selanne in training camp and then learning that he has to go back to Finland for army duty.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/winnipeg-1290/hawerchuk-fans-expectations-high-for-heritage-classic-1.540012

14 hours ago, iso_55 said:

There aren't many HC positions available in the NHL & I don't think Roy really appreciated what he had. He may have deep sixed his coaching career by doing what he did. The guy has a reputation of being a self centred, selfish, quick to anger guy who is difficult to work with. He is a Hall of Famer as a player but he's not playing anymore. He'd bring that coaching reputation with him wherever he goes.

I tend to agree with you. I like professionals with conviction balanced with being flexible. He obviously wants the big chair. Any GM/president of hockey operations spots available for him? As an employee, there's a guy I wouldn't want to see Monday morning being introduced as the new boss. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Hey, maybe a return to MTL isn't out of the question for St.Patrick.  Therrien has to be near the end of his leash there, no? 

called Shaw support with a question and ended up talking to a guy in Montreal, who gave me a new remote and then talked about the Canadiens for around half an hour.  Now you know why you wait on hold for hours. :)  Anyway, the guy said that his buddy had once been to Roy's house and it was full of pictures and statues of himself.  Gives you an idea of the ego on this guy.  He also said that Roy is gunning for the Montreal job and if the Canadiens go in the tank he will be lobbying the GM hard to fire Therrien.  Interesting perspective.

Random story. I'm in Vegas and last night I'm in a clothing store and the buddy is checking out NHL branded socks. 

I said see if they have Jets. 

A woman beside me says "what's wrong with the Canucks?"

i replied "I don't have the time required to tell you everything wrong with the Canucks"

she says "I work for the Canucks". 

I said oh sorry. 

She said "no no. I work for the Canucks. I know how bad they are"

everyone laughed. 

**** Monahan, **** Gaudreau...**** that whole team. You talk to the fans, and they'll tell you they're basically the new Hawks. Monahan/Gaudreau = Toews/Kane. Their D is better than Chicago's, and now they clearly have the better G......... *sigh*........I ******* hate Calgary sports fans.