Around The NHL 2016/2017

I think it's a fair deal for both sides. Maybe he gets a bit more somewhere else but he would need to be traded. He can do well for two years on this bridge and get traded to a team willing to take on his big contract going forward. Meanwhile, he gets another chance at a Stanley Cup run and pays really low income tax.

Win-win.

52 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

3 years is a long bridge. Some guys have bad agents. Makes u wonder if he held out this long what he was really asking for? $5/5.5?

Yzerman telling him I can't afford any more but in 3 years we will pay you BIG bucks. He saw Yzerman's resolve last year with the Drouin situation....he knows he won't back down. Chevy can't back down either....Trouba for 3 years at 4.8m.

Personally I'd take ristolainen at 5.4 over trouba at 5.4 

Don't care about his stats.... or whatever else. I just think his upside and character is really solid. 

You know what... Ducky mentioned 3 years 4.8 for Trouba... maybe 6 years x 4.8 works instead.  I don't think trouba is worth as much as Jones ristolainen or Reilly for that matter. 

If I'm Chevy, might as well go public with something like...

'If Trouba signs this week, $5.5 for six years... if he signs November 30th, $3.3 million for 3.  We're not accepting calls for trade offers.'

Then let Jake's dad start 'chatting' with Overhardt

14 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Kinda hard to sign something when they wont accept offers, this could go a long time the agent is trying to make a name for himself, if he wins he will become a very wealthy agent by getting many new clients.

The agent has already made a name for himself with player holdouts.   Ask Kyle Turris, Brandon Dubinsky, and Ryan Johansen.

38 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Personally I'd take ristolainen at 5.4 over trouba at 5.4 

Don't care about his stats.... or whatever else. I just think his upside and character is really solid. 

You know what... Ducky mentioned 3 years 4.8 for Trouba... maybe 6 years x 4.8 works instead.  I don't think trouba is worth as much as Jones ristolainen or Reilly for that matter. 

I would agree.  I dont think anyone doubts Risto is the better player.  Its a high comp for Trouba in the sense "you aint getting this much".

18 minutes ago, Floyd said:

'If Trouba signs this week, $5.5 for six years... if he signs November 30th, $3.3 million for 3.  We're not accepting calls for trade offers.'

Chevy wouldnt do that...well they *might* leak it to Lawless to put it out there if need be.  But unless they get a trade they like, they will let Trouba come back to them in November and take a lesser deal.  I dont even think it will be a bridge.  It will be a trade or at least 5 years.

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

I would agree.  I dont think anyone doubts Risto is the better player.  Its a high comp for Trouba in the sense "you aint getting this much".

I don't know about that. Ask the Corsi people and they would say Trouba is the better player.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Chevy needs to stick to his guns, if he opens Pandora's box he will never close it and other player's may try the same thing to the determent of his hockey team.

19 minutes ago, Floyd said:

That's the last thing we want. Chevy and True North are classy, which befuddles Overhardt.

42 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Chevy wouldnt do that...well they *might* leak it to Lawless to put it out there if need be.  But unless they get a trade they like, they will let Trouba come back to them in November and take a lesser deal.  I dont even think it will be a bridge.  It will be a trade or at least 5 years.

So to be clear they would never do this... except they might.

Still would be interesting to find out who 'leaked' the contract demands from last season