Around The NHL 2016/2017

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

I would like to see him sign for 8 years and if I were chevy, I wouldn't settle for anything less than 7 years. In 6 years Trouba will only be 28 years old.

7 x 5.5m or 8 x 5.75m.

No this is the type of guy who can really burn you on a long term deal.Already questions about Trouba's level of commitment and off ice activities. Only sign him long term if we get a good discount or trade him imo.

8 years is the best bang for the buck and he would finish his deal at 30. If you re-sign him at 28 it is probably a deal that carries him until he is 35ish. I'd rather his deal ended at 30. Also, even if he only tops out as a 2nd pairing D man, 5.75m for a 2nd pairing D man isn't that bad. Myers is 5.5m per year and he is 2nd pairing. I'd say Trouba is already as good or better than Myers.

Thirty-two would be almost ideal but 30 is a good range to end a contract on. Wheeler will be 33, Little will be 31, Perreault will be 33, Scheif will be 31, etc...

3 hours ago, Ducky said:

Yup, trade him. He is at worst, a top 4 D man at 22 and we should trade him.

Yup he definitely thinks he is top 2 most definitely ,too bad he hasn't proved it.And it's no rumour he bailed Gary Roberts camp. Give this guy a long term contract where he can float is a big time gamble. Just an opinion but the guy is looking for Buff like dollars and has done jack **** in this league. I give you guys one thing though if his talent going forward is as big as his ego he will be a star...?

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

The more time passes the more I'm starting to think maybe Trouba doesn't want to be here 

He wants to be a top 4 RIGHT defenceman ... he's not right now and with Buff and Myers I can't see that changing anytime soon. I think that's the issue.

Edited by IC Khari

Don't think that anybody would be surprised to find out that Trouba wants out, not everybody wants to play for the Jets and the voices are get louder, still training camp is around the corner and i don't want this to drag out and become a thing, if he truly wants out Chevy knows and will make the right trade for the organization.