Breathe...

Noeller

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

They gotta do more to eliminate these head shots however... Dressler is at fault on this one as much as the als player if not more since dressler pretty much initiated the helmet to helmet contact 

A defender should never lead with his helmet regardless of what the offensive player does. Speed is not a reason that one leads with their helmet. Initiating a hit with a helmet does not require the opposing player to do the same. As I said before, yes Dressler should have dropped his shoulder not his helmet, but regardless, if defender is tackling appropriate Dressler's helmet meets his chest. It also tells me when coaching athletes that we have to focus both on how to give a hit and how to take a hit.

34 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

A defender should never lead with his helmet regardless of what the offensive player does. Speed is not a reason that one leads with their helmet. Initiating a hit with a helmet does not require the opposing player to do the same. As I said before, yes Dressler should have dropped his shoulder not his helmet, but regardless, if defender is tackling appropriate Dressler's helmet meets his chest. It also tells me when coaching athletes that we have to focus both on how to give a hit and how to take a hit.

I'm not defending the Montreal player but honestly what could he have done any differently.  Watch the replay. It's pretty much dresslers fault. It's easy to say he shouldn't have lead with his helmet but at full speed committing early to the hit what could the als player have done differently.  I kind of think it's similar to a hit from behind in hockey... the defender engages in tge hit early only to see the  player turn his back at the last second pretty much.  What could the defender do any differently. You can't stop on a dime in full speed 

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

The defender wasn't leading with his helmet other than to have it attached to his head.  He was leaning forward (slightly) to brace for the collision and Dressler drops his shoulder significantly and put the side of his head at the same level as the defender's.  It was pretty clear to me that Dressler was going to try and "power through" the defender and pick up an extra yard or two and was looking for the big hit.  Nice to see, but an unfortunate result.

One thing you seem to be forgetting is that no matter how much coaching people get, when multiple people are moving towards each other at high speed and at various angles, things are going to happen and no one can be set to make a perfect form tackle every single time.  That's why they're wearing helmets.

3 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

The defender wasn't leading with his helmet other than to have it attached to his head.  He was leaning forward (slightly) to brace for the collision and Dressler drops his shoulder significantly and put the side of his head at the same level as the defender's.  It was pretty clear to me that Dressler was going to try and "power through" the defender and pick up an extra yard or two and was looking for the big hit.  Nice to see, but an unfortunate result.

One thing you seem to be forgetting is that no matter how much coaching people get, when multiple people are moving towards each other at high speed and at various angles, things are going to happen and no one can be set to make a perfect form tackle every single time.  That's why they're wearing helmets.

This we can agree on, for sure.

4 hours ago, Goalie said:

I'm not defending the Montreal player but honestly what could he have done any differently.  Watch the replay. It's pretty much dresslers fault. It's easy to say he shouldn't have lead with his helmet but at full speed committing early to the hit what could the als player have done differently.  I kind of think it's similar to a hit from behind in hockey... the defender engages in tge hit early only to see the  player turn his back at the last second pretty much.  What could the defender do any differently. You can't stop on a dime in full speed 

I did watch the reply, quite a few times.

At the 14 second mark, number 16 was nicely squared up to Dressler but then went in head first. By his angle he could of easily kept his head/face up and still made the tackle. Dressler shares the guilt for his injury (drop his damn shoulder run out bounds, fall whatever). But your reasoning that Dressler dipping his head caused the defender to dip his head is nonsensical to me. 

We will probably continue to disagree about this, but that's fine. 

13 hours ago, Blueballz said:

I saw pretty much more of the same. I would take the game footage and throw it in Wylie 's face and ask him to justify his child like rant.

And watch him proceed to tear you a new ******* while going into great detail about how the O-line was actually pretty passable. 

I would love to see this. Please, make Christmas come early.

On 28/06/2016 at 2:01 AM, Blueballz said:

I saw pretty much more of the same. I would take the game footage and throw it in Wylie 's face and ask him to justify his child like rant.

"If you listen to the fans, you'll be sitting up there with them." - Buddy Ryan. Defensive coordinator of the '85 Chicago Bears.

I get quite the kick when fans act like like they know more than coaches who are not only respected, but respected on both sides of the border. Comical and priceless.

4 hours ago, Mr. Perfect said:

"If you listen to the fans, you'll be sitting up there with them." - Buddy Ryan. Defensive coordinator of the '85 Chicago Bears.

I get quite the kick when fans act like like they know more than coaches who are not only respected, but respected on both sides of the border. Comical and priceless.

So you're saying, we're all like Homer Simpson booing Ned Flanders when Ned coaches Pee Wee football and then when Ned gives him the clipboard, we're like Homer, who says, why, you were doing a good job?

How is it that Sask and BC both are looking better than we did? These are supposed to be the two teams that we have to edge out for a playoff spot. If we get thumped by the Stumps tonight we are already in a world of hurting. Let's hope Willy does a 180 and is the $400,000 QB we pay him to be.

Just now, tracker said:

On the other hand, if the underdogs are doing so well this season, there's more incentive for the Bombers to win. The examples have been set.

Yep. BC beat the Stumps already. We have to beat them to keep pace.

5 minutes ago, J5V said:

Yep. BC beat the Stumps already. We have to beat them to keep pace.

All the more reason for urgency in the Bomber game plan. The Riders actually looked respectable last night even if they lost, so the assumption that they will keep the Bombers out of the basement may be faulty.

14 minutes ago, J5V said:

How is it that Sask and BC both are looking better than we did? 

To be fair, BC isn't looking very good tonight, it's more that Hamilton is awful right now. 

The Ti-Cats performance tonight makes our game last week look decent. 

2 minutes ago, tracker said:

All the more reason for urgency in the Bomber game plan. The Riders actually looked respectable last night even if they lost, so the assumption that they will keep the Bombers out of the basement may be faulty.

Iso talking about taking it to another level yet we are measuring success by whether or not we are alone in the basement. Sad.

4 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

To be fair, BC isn't looking very good tonight, it's more that Hamilton is awful right now. 

The Ti-Cats performance tonight makes our game last week look decent. 

BC not looking too bad with Rainey ripping off those returns and Jennings throwing these TDs.