Aug 12 - Winnipeg at Toronto

ALuCsRED

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Imop aside from the digital camo those were the worst of our uni's all time. But i did like the streaking W logo. 

Or it could be Mother Nature is actually happy that we returned that lightning to her that she is able to play those lightnings during our game and blessing us with win(s) in return. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

6 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Or it could be Mother Nature is actually happy that we returned that lightning to her that she is able to play those lightnings during our game and blessing us with win(s) in return. 

if thats the case we should all cut off the bolt from our old gear and sacrifice it before LD/banjo bowl. 

17 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

if thats the case we should all cut off the bolt from our old gear and sacrifice it before LD/banjo bowl. 

Im all for that.

FYI, for the past 2 games I didn't wear my old Bombers jersey with the old logo. I've wore this collared shirt with a W on the right chest. Haven't washed it ever since. :D

It's no wash when we won and wash it when we lose kinda thing. :D

Edited by M.O.A.B.

25 minutes ago, Mike said:

... like not even remotely close.

So you guys are going to have to explain something to me because I've never been to an Argo game (just like 99.9995% of all Torontonians).  Does each person going to the game have to drive a 100+ vehicles there? because from the looks of the stands at an average game, I don't see how a huge volume of traffic can be generated from the dozens of people in attendance.  Or are you guys including all the traffic generated from people doing anything else but going to an Argo game (which, of course, means pretty much all the traffic in Toronto)?

Please help me understand this paradox?

Edited by WBBFanWest

38 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

So you guys are going to have to explain something to me because I've never been to an Argo game (just like 99.9995% of all Torontonians).  Does each person going to the game have to drive a 100+ vehicles there? because from the looks of the stands at an average game, I don't see how a huge volume of traffic can be generated from the dozens of people in attendance.  Or are you guys including all the traffic generated from people doing anything else but going to an Argo game (which, of course, means pretty much all the traffic in Toronto)?

Please help me understand this paradox?

The point most people are making is the traffic in Toronto in that area is going to significantly eclipse any Winnipeg traffic... football game or not...

If your argument is the amount of people specifically going to the football game... the yes, Winnipeg has more...

11 minutes ago, bearpants said:

The point most people are making is the traffic in Toronto in that area is going to significantly eclipse any Winnipeg traffic... football game or not...

If your argument is the amount of people specifically going to the football game... the yes, Winnipeg has more...

Finally, someone that understands basic math!  Thanks for restoring my faith in humanity,

1 hour ago, WBBFanWest said:

Finally, someone that understands basic math!  Thanks for restoring my faith in humanity,

But that's not the discussion, because the field is concentrated in an area where there's a lot more going on. There's an event venue right across the street that shares the same travel route.

11 minutes ago, Mike said:

But that's not the discussion, because the field is concentrated in an area where there's a lot more going on. There's an event venue right across the street that shares the same travel route.

Not talking about that Mike.  I'm simply referring to the whining that Bluto was doing about storms and traffic and "small town mindset".  Don't like the traffic in TO?  Don't live in Toronto.  Or do what the vast majority of Toronto folks do: don't go to Argo games.  Life is all about choice.

10 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Anybody look at the Argos depth chart? Other than Kenny Shaw, that's a pretty uninspiring group on the offensive side of the ball.

Admittedly I haven't watched many Argo games this year but I have heard their D is pretty good. I love our matchup on D vs their offense w/o Ricky Ray, who despite being as old as Methuselah scares me to death with his ability to slowly pick away at defenses. Can someone who is more informed than I am drop some knowledge on how our O stacks up?

Just the fact that Toronto is like 7 or 8 times our population if not more means way more traffic regardless of who is going to games or not. 

Personally I have been to Toronto and have to admit... I wasn't a big fan. Just to many people for my liking 

16 hours ago, tracker said:

Both teams are so much changed that its hard to guess who looks better on paper or on the field. Its a crapshoot, but we ought to be competitive.

I've watched a little bit of Toronto play this year... and even with Ricky in the line-up, they don't look particularly intimidating... I would guess Toronto is probably a 3-4 point favourite... but I'd say this is a winnable game for the Bombers...

On 8/11/2016 at 7:49 AM, M.O.A.B. said:

Im all for that.

FYI, for the past 2 games I didn't wear my old Bombers jersey with the old logo. I've wore this collared shirt with a W on the right chest. Haven't washed it ever since. :D

It's no wash when we won and wash it when we lose kinda thing. :D

xD ive been on the road listening to OB for atleast part of each games supposed run time keep the streak alive! 

Never watched a cfl game in TO. Jays game was great though. 

5 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Yep. We're an inexperienced team though, especially in the ways of winning. Weve played up to edmonton and hammy I hope we dont try to play down to TO. And i hope we blitz the pants off of kilgore. 

Our secondary should have some opportunities for INT's if we can get Kilgore out of rhythm early. I like this matchup for us with our D being able to force turnovers at the rate they have.