The Day Before The Game Thread

Noeller

Preseason tilts....a big meh....Nice to see it is televised though, so we can get a good look at the offseason recruits playing against someone other than themselves...A few I'll have my eye on ... Besides Loffler and Corney, will be the Def. end positions...I know Westerman is a lock but since Cole went down I want to get a good look at who is replacing him..It'll be a very interesting battle on who is going to be the returner for this club...Veltung, McDuffie, and Anderson competing for the gig is going to be very interesting...I'm predicting one of these guys is going to take it to the house or damn near tonight...Looking forward to some very competetive actcheeeon...

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

Preseason tilts....a big meh....Nice to see it is televised though, so we can get a good look at the offseason recruits playing against someone other than themselves...A few I'll have my eye on ... Besides Loffler and Corney, will be the Def. end positions...I know Westerman is a lock but since Cole went down I want to get a good look at who is replacing him..It'll be a very interesting battle on who is going to be the returner for this club...Veltung, McDuffie, and Anderson competing for the gig is going to be very interesting...I'm predicting one of these guys is going to take it to the house or damn near tonight...Looking forward to some very competetive actcheeeon...

The rest of your post kind of contradicts your initial statement... you basically said "I don't care about pre-season games and here's all the reasons I'm excited about tonight's game"... Don't pretend you don't love it as much as the rest of us :D

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

The rest of your post kind of contradicts your initial statement... you basically said "I don't care about pre-season games and here's all the reasons I'm excited about tonight's game"... Don't pretend you don't love it as much as the rest of us :D

Yes....I am sort of a contradiction in terms..lol   Of course I'm looking forward to the game...BUT I like it more when we are playing for 2 points and has some meaning...I couldn't ever not get excited about my favourite game...I know it means jobs for the young players, I just wished it had more meaning,,, Can't wait till kickoff time...There you go another small contradiction...LOL

The way I look at it, if you care about the long term health of the team, this game has a ton of meaning. Knowing that the US Scouts have finally been doing some good work (questionable the last couple years) and the CIS drafting is making a mark has a lot of meaning to me...

Pre season games are always a curiosity. Offenses & defenses are vanilla, some game stars are cut because of the ratio. Some guys are kept & we wonder why. Some teams look great in pre season & then tank in the regular season. Some teams wearing green think every year think they've won the GC except it's June & not November.