Who do you prefer? Smith or Dressler?

Mike

Who are you happier to have on the roster?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you happier to have on the roster?

OK Mike. Which do you like the best:  Blondes or Brunettes?  

I like them both for three reasons.

1 - Dressler has experience and what appears to be good speed.

2 - Smith has youth,  great determination and great hands.

3 - Because they are no longer in Regina and are causing the Green Nation to go sleepless.

I think Dressler is going to be very important to our success this year. We've already seen him working as Medlocks holder, which O'Shea will definitely exploit in special teams (as well as being a great guy to have with the ball if a play breaks down). He's going to be a big part in getting everyone on the same page in this new offence. He has some previous time with Willy and Lapo, he has crediblity around the league - which, I think, is important with all of our FA signings over the past couple of years. He's been to the Grey Cup.

Smith may play here longer and have more statistical success, but in moving our team forward, I think Dressler was the more important add.

Without Dressler signing here I'm not sure we get Smith. I'll go with both tho. Dressler is a veteran presence who busts his ass on and off the field. He's a very reliable receiver and seems to have a chip on his shoulder to prove Jones wrong. Smith is Dressler Jr. 

Both. 

41 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Without Dressler signing here I'm not sure we get Smith. I'll go with both tho. Dressler is a veteran presence who busts his ass on and off the field. He's a very reliable receiver and seems to have a chip on his shoulder to prove Jones wrong. Smith is Dressler Jr. 

Both. 

There was a lot of talk about Smith wanting to come here before the Riders even hired Chris Jones. 

At a run jump position like wr ill take youth. Never know when a guy will lose a step. Some guys it happens kinda early others last pretty long. But with the average half life of a pro career, young and productive is about as good as it gets. 

Let's see, do I want the perennial 1000-yard man who plays like Brian Kelly and who has been basically the best receiver in the CFL for the past six or so years (give or take an S.J. Green)

Or do I want the young up-and-comer who hit nearly 1000 yards with Brett Smith as his QB of record for most of the season and who plays like a young Brian Kelly? And who is going to be a great one for years and years?

Trick question. I will take them both!

Watching old games the other day, was shocked at how Brian Kelly resembled Dressler ... a little howdy-doody looking dude who does nothing but get open and catch TDs.

15 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Let's see, do I want the perennial 1000-yard man who plays like Brian Kelly and who has been basically the best receiver in the CFL for the past six or so years (give or take an S.J. Green)

Or do I want the young up-and-comer who hit nearly 1000 yards with Brett Smith as his QB of record for most of the season and who plays like a young Brian Kelly? And who is going to be a great one for years and years?

Watching old games the other day, was shocked at how Brian Kelly resembled Dressler ... a little howdy-doody looking dude who does nothing but get open and catch TDs.

Tommy Scott showed Brian Kelly the ropes, they were both great receivers.

Last night I fired up a DVD of a game from late October 2002 (Bombers vs TiCats), and while I'm not comparing players-to-players, I saw stuff from a Milt/AB3 receiving corps (with help from Drover, Howell, Stoddard) and a power-back Mike Sellers pounding the Hammy line into submission, that made me dream of what Dressler/Smith (with help from Kohlert, Adams, etc) and a power back Andrew Harris could do to teams...

Of course, the OC that year was Lapo.....

6 hours ago, johnzo said:

I was going to compare Dressler to Kelly but figured I would look too old....:)

First off, I'm just glad it's not a choice and we have both... but I think if I could only have one it would be Smith.... by all accounts he has the same professionalism and work ethic of Dressler...plus he has the added benefit of being several years younger... I could see him carving out a successful 10-year career here...

That being said, I'm very happy to have Dressler... and especially excited to see them both on the field together... 

8 hours ago, johnzo said:

best wr for the past 6 years? Cmon man. hes got 1200 yards and change for 7 tds in the past 2 years. 1206 is his career high, and only been in double digits for tds once.  5/8 years in the cfl hes had 1000 yards. career average yards per season of under 1k. 3 year average of 750 and 5 tds. Plus some change.  

Edited by wbbfan

20 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

best wr for the past 6 years? Cmon man. hes got 1200 yards and change for 7 tds in the past 2 years. 1206 is his career high, and only been in double digits for tds once.  5/8 years in the cfl hes had 1000 yards. career average yards per season of under 1k. 3 year average of 750 and 5 tds. Plus some change.  

Oh no those pesky numbers. Can't you just let the rainbows shine and the unicorns run free in the poppy field? Breath in the positive air and let the negative oils drip out. 

6 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

Oh no those pesky numbers. Can't you just let the rainbows shine and the unicorns run free in the poppy field? Breath in the positive air and let the negative oils drip out. 

xD your right idk what i was thinking. From now on i shall call him santajesusgod. 

33 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He was in an NFL camp for half of the 2014 season...

In the past two seasons, he's had Durant as his qb for one half of a game. He had 400 yards in four games with Glenn at the start of last season before Glenn got hurt and their offense went in the toilet. I guess what I'm saying is your stat is pretty misleading.

I do agree that he hasn't been the best receiver in the league over the last six seasons though.

8 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

He was in an NFL camp for half of the 2014 season...

In the past two seasons, he's had Durant as his qb for one half of a game. He had 400 yards in four games with Glenn at the start of last season before Glenn got hurt and their offense went in the toilet. I guess what I'm saying is your stat is pretty misleading.

I do agree that he hasn't been the best receiver in the league over the last six seasons though.

In the other half he put up 320 yards in 9 games... remember how many qbs milt caught tds from? All of them. all of the qbs on earth.  Hes a really good wr, legit go to no1 wr for the team. Im not sayin hes bad, but he sure isnt the no1 guy in the past 6 years.