Touchdown Celebrations @ IGF

Touchdown Celebrations @ IGF  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Bombers do enough for TD celebrations during home games? Suggestions?

• Yes
    • No

The plane design is a funny choice for those of us who are students of history.  It's a bi-plane.  Now there were bombers that were bi-planes in WWI, but that little plane is modeled after a fighter, so that has nothing whatsoever to do with the Bombers.  If they tried to make the plane look like a little Lancaster or Halifax, that would be really cool.  Or if one wanted a more modern aircraft, I guess an CF-18 "look" might work too.

I realize that maybe 5% or less of people would know or care, but seeing that it's been brought up, there's my thoughts on it.

16 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

The plane design is a funny choice for those of us who are students of history.  It's a bi-plane.  Now there were bombers that were bi-planes in WWI, but that little plane is modeled after a fighter, so that has nothing whatsoever to do with the Bombers.  If they tried to make the plane look like a little Lancaster or Halifax, that would be really cool.  Or if one wanted a more modern aircraft, I guess an CF-18 "look" might work too.

I realize that maybe 5% or less of people would know or care, but seeing that it's been brought up, there's my thoughts on it.

Well, there is always a Gotha G. V. bomber......but would have to be somewhat larger....

29 minutes ago, do or die said:

Well, there is always a Gotha G. V. bomber......but would have to be somewhat larger....

Lol, yes, we could do that except for the fact that it's a German bomber, there would be three of us in the stands that might recognize it and it would be so fragile that it would fall apart on the second touchdown!

3 hours ago, TrueBlue said:

Looking for opinions on how the Bombers should improve this aspect of the game experience.

How about this one, something completely different than what's a normal reaction to scoring. Every touchdown we score the fans and players do the whispering motion and sound to Psyche out the opponent. That would be an ironically loud sound in the stadium. No, okay I'll go back to the drawing board.

Oh and I'm with the posters who think scoring more touchdowns would be nice.

7 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Lol, yes, we could do that except for the fact that it's a German bomber, there would be three of us in the stands that might recognize it and it would be so fragile that it would fall apart on the second touchdown!

Yup, that would be too much like Bomber teams of past years......

23 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Every touchdown we score removes an ad from the scoreboard, until ultimately the actual video takes up the entire screen.

How about the cheerleaders take off a piece of clothing for every TD.  Ok, I know that won't fly but still think the idea is a dam good one

34 minutes ago, TrueBlue said:

Doing something with the plane is a good idea, but it could prove costly, depending on what's being done.   

Apart from this, there's going to be something brand new happening this year at games that's pretty exciting.   

Let's hope winning is one of them ;)

19 minutes ago, Ripper said:

How about the cheerleaders take off a piece of clothing for every TD.  Ok, I know that won't fly but still think the idea is a dam good one

Last year that stunt would've  worked since the lack of TD"s we scored.