Game 83 Jets @ Draft Lottery

Goalie

It's gonna come down to what people think determines "Rookie Of The Year". McDavid is far and away the best player, but is that enough to overcome the lack of games played? For the record, least number of games played by someone winning the award: 31. McJesus played 45...

Yeah I think Ghost had a terrific rookie season but, I don't think he's as good as he was this year either. I mean, the guy definitely shocked the league this year but i don't think what he did is sustainable long term. Good rookie season tho, Maybe like Tyler Myers in a way, where his rookie season will be his best? Hard to say. 

See. Fun fact about Matthews and Laine... Matthews was born 2 days after the cut off for the 2015 NHL draft... he was born September 17th 1997.... same year as Eichel, Same year as McDavid. 

Laine was born April 19th 1998... 

Theres actually a bit of an age difference there between the 2, Laine and Puljujarvi for that matter are 1998 births. Matthews is a 1997 birth, just born to late in the year to count for the 2015 draft. Makes what Laine did this year even more impressive actually since he legit just turned 18 less than a month ago. 

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 2:10 PM, bigg jay said:

This is why I didn't want the Leafs to win... their fans and media are going to be unbearable.

They already are. I watched TSN That's Hockey Saturday night & ****, it was almost all Leafs... Maybe two or three minutes on the Jets going from #6 to #2. We won the night but according to the idiots in Toronto they won the draft lottery... They already were in last place.

McDavid showed flashes.... when he wasn't hurt. He's good but not that good... He does what all Oilers players do. They learn how to lose. Remember the Taylor Hall hype? Now there are rumours Edmonton may trade him.

Edited by iso_55

IMO the Jets got "gifted" the best player available in this draft if they get to pick Patrick Liane at number 2. Cheveldayoff has got to feel like the luckiest GM since Glen Sather to somehow secure this stud. This kid is going to bring a dimension to the Jets 2.0 they haven't had (natural goal scorer like Bossy, Ovey, etc.).

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

This Laine kid looks like the real deal.  I hope he's got a good head on his shoulders.

That's the only thing that worries me.  In 2014 he flipped off his coach and told him he was going to kill him.  But by most accounts he has gotten over that...

1 hour ago, iso_55 said:

McDavid showed flashes.... when he wasn't hurt. He's good but not that good... He does what all Oilers players do. They learn how to lose. Remember the Taylor Hall hype? Now there are rumours Edmonton may trade him.

Hall is still one of the top wingers in the game.  I could see them moving Eberle or RNH but not Hall.  That would be a huge blunder.

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

That's the only thing that worries me.  In 2014 he flipped off his coach and told him he was going to kill him.  But by most accounts he has gotten over that...

yeah remember the video of Armia scoring the shoot-out goal and then riding his stick afterwards at the World Juniors?  These guys are still just kids, tough to remember that...but that being said, I don't want any me-first guys that don't understand the responsibilities of being a pro, which include dealing with fans and being good PR guys for the team, inside and outside of the rink.

More like Scheif I'd say . Not in to drinking and partying. Just wants to be the best hockey player he can be. 

Toronto should take Matthews just like the Jets would if they picked first. Pretty tough to pass on a potential franchise Center. If they do take him then I'm more than happy with scheif and Matthews at center for the next 8 9 10 years. 

Win win in my opinion for the Jets either way. Heck throw in Puljujarvi and it's a win win win either way for the Jets. 

Edited by Goalie