Game 83 Jets @ Draft Lottery

Goalie

It's one thing to flip off your coach when you're the best player in junior. Try that in the NHL & he'll be set straight by one of the vets in the Jets dressing room. I remember Tiger Williams riding his stick every time he scored & everyone thought that was okay.

Mountain out of a mole hill if you ask me. What did Tarasenko do to Hitch earlier these playoffs? Laine (if we draft him) is a bona fide sniper. He is first line material. Ehlers will have serious competition and in a year or two, the first two lines for the Jets should be an offensive juggernaut.

Who are you going to put your checking line up against if you are defending Little, Wheeler Scheif, Ehlers, Connor and Laine?

For sake of argument, in two years if the starting two lines are....

Laine Little Wheeler

Connor Scheif Ehlers

Who do you check?

Lemiex Perreault Armia

Lowry Copp Dano

as the next two lines and we have a sweet lineup. Where do we put Petan, Burmi, Tanev, Staf, etc...

I feel next season will be like last year, more youth injected into the lineup, Thorburn, Stuart , Burmi, Stafford and Pavelec will all be part of the team until the deadline. We will have our ups and downs and most likely miss the playoffs,  The 17/18 season is where we see this team come together and become that playoff contender that we have been waiting for.

5 minutes ago, Ducky said:

; I couldn't agree more where are you going to play Stafford? All he is doing is hindering the development of a younger player like Joel armia and Dano

Who plays right wing in the top six if not Stafford?  Wheeler of course, then who?  Take Laine off of LW where he has had so much success?  Break up Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler?  Switch Connor to RW?

We have no depth on the right side right now.  Stafford has a spot on the team this year, for sure.  If not in the top six then surely the top 9.  Maybe I'm crazy but I'm more concerned about winning now than "developing Armia."  If Armia can score 20, great.  If not, keep him out of our top 9 please.

Edited by Atomic

57 minutes ago, Ducky said:

; I couldn't agree more where are you going to play Stafford? All he is doing is hindering the development of a younger player like Joel armia and Dano

Armia and Dano could be starting the season with the Moose, nothing is guaranteed with Little and Perreaut coming back healthy.

Shortsightedness like that will keep you a mediocre team......we need to develop the young players and having Staf on our team hinders that...period. Is Joe Army going to get you 20 goals this year??? probably not but I highly doubt Staf does too.

RWers? How about Ehlers, Wheeler, Armia and Dano not to mention Roslovic (don't think he will play C with the team).

More than likely stafford is a jet until the trade deadline. But it's possible that they trade him at the draft in a month and a bit. Who knows really. I'll say this tho... if he isn't traded he will be on the Jets roster. Laine or Puljujarvi would probably start in the A or on the third line. Same with Connor.  Nothing wrong with letting these guys develop a bit. 

Edited by Goalie

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

More than likely stafford is a jet until the trade deadline. But it's possible that they trade him at the draft in a month and a bit. 

If he can score 15-20 for the Jets he will be a good deadline trade deal, 4.35 mil is going to tough to trade right now for a player like him.

Staf can take his 20 goals and his 4.3m per and his disappearing for 10 games at a time act and.....disappear.

Take Stu with him.

Wheeler is undisputed 1RW and I would much rather see Laine and Armia and Dano getting time on the right wing than Staf. Even if he plays 3rd line time, that means two young players get less time.

Stu I am just sick of complaining about and anyone that says he has a place on the Jets needs glasses.

It's not football. You can't just release guys if you don't want them. Staff and stu to the moose is like 7 million bucks. Not happening. 

Anyways there is a Finnish quote from Laine about Winnipeg. Translated he said it would be an honor to play in the same place Teemu selanee started his career. Kids a good guy. Everyone does dumb things when younger.He's learned and moved on. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

It's not football. You can't just release guys if you don't want them. Staff and stu to the moose is like 7 million bucks. Not happening. 

Anyways there is a Finnish quote from Laine about Winnipeg. Translated he said it would be an honor to play in the same place Teemu selanee started his career. Kids a good guy. Everyone does dumb things when younger.He's learned and moved on. 

He also says that he knows about the cold weather and that it doesn't bother him, this kid will fit right in and you right he is only 18 everybody did and said dumb things when they were a teenager.

44 minutes ago, bustamente said:

He also says that he knows about the cold weather and that it doesn't bother him, this kid will fit right in and you right he is only 18 everybody did and said dumb things when they were a teenager.

I am very happy that we got number 2 instead of one. Matthews is going into a pressure-cooker, Laine into a much more welcoming and patient environment where he will be a cog in a much bigger machine. Not sure Matthews would fit in as well in that role as Laine.

Edited by kelownabomberfan