Game 83 Jets @ Draft Lottery

Goalie

There is no guarantee that Matthews turns out better than Laine or Puljujarvi. 

Laine and Puljujarvi are actually younger and played in a tougher league against men also. Finnish league is comparable to the AHL. The Swiss league isn't 

Laine or Puljujarvi are franchise players also just like Matthews who has a late birthday so he's actually older. Laine just turned18 recently 

Edited by Goalie

Ovechkin - not a center 

Kane - not a center

Scheif little Lowry petan copp Burmi roslovic 

Scheif and Little are a very good 1 2. 

Jets top 6 will be phenomenal 

Which means the bottom 6 should be better due to competition 

2 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Is there a GM that in better position than Chevy going into offseason he has cap space, a boat load of prospects and 1st round pick he could deal.

Not to mention too many bodies in the mid to bottom six that could sweeten any possible deal he wants to make.

Jets don't have a third round pick though so I'd suspect they keep all three of their picks in the top 36.  Unless they trade down to add a couple of 3rd rounders but I doubt it (I think they've done this before though).  Jets are at a point now they need quality players over future picks/prospects.

If the top six are:  Ehlers, Scheif, Wheeler, Little, Laine, Connor.  That leaves a lot for the bottom six.  Perreault, Lowry, Burmi, Stafford, Copp, Dano, Tanev, Armia, Thorburn.  I guess thats not a lot.  But its depth.  

Im a low tech guy and don't know to post pics but at this site http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/toronto-maple-leafs-win-nhl-draft-lottery-brendan-shanahan-auston-matthews-patrik-laine-winnipeg-jets-blue-jackets-oilers/

there is a funny pic of Chevy and Burke at the moment Calgary was revealed to have dropped to 6th.  And Burke's wife tweeted "resting Burke face",  Funny.

14 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I remember when Fergie drafted Hawerchuk. That was a great day.

Glad they didn't have the lottery back then. Can you imagine what it would have been like to go through that season and not get Hawerchuk.

52 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Im a low tech guy and don't know to post pics but at this site http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/toronto-maple-leafs-win-nhl-draft-lottery-brendan-shanahan-auston-matthews-patrik-laine-winnipeg-jets-blue-jackets-oilers/

there is a funny pic of Chevy and Burke at the moment Calgary was revealed to have dropped to 6th.  And Burke's wife tweeted "resting Burke face",  Funny.

Living here in Calgary, I don't understand Brian Burke. A trained lawyer yet he's been a hockey guy his entire life. He's well spoken & an experienced hockey executive. However,I don't know if there is something wrong with Burke which I'll get into later. Something just doesn't seem quite right.

TSN's Craig Button kept talking like Burke makes the hockey decisions but in reality it's Brad Treliving who is the actual Flames GM not Burke. Burke advises & is a Flames Vice President. He hired Treliving to be the Flames GM & he is in charge of the actual hockey operations of the Flames & Burke is not. Burke made it quite clear when he hired Treiving to point out that he would not interfere with his new GM & his duties.

Treliving was unavailable for the Draft Lottery as he is over in Europe busy with his role as Team Camada's GM at the World Championships so Burke was his stand in. In the last year or two Burke has really let his appearance slide. His hair is longer than it used to be, Doesn't wear a tie with his suit jacket. I guess it's stuffed in one of his pockets. Last night he looked like he came into the TSN studio after an all night bender. It's like he doesn't seem to care about his appearance anymore. Look at the other GM's as they were all dressed immaculately proudly representing their team. Then there was Burke. I'm hoping that Brian is okay & that he is in good health.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Iv heard some describe Laine as having the most upside of anyone in the draft, including Matthews.  But upside isn't always attained.

Knowing Chevy he will go off the board. lol

Not this time.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

burke_cheveldayoff.jpg

Can't see any of the top 3 picks being traded away, the Jets will probably continue to stockpile prospects till after the expansion draft if their is one an may trade when Chevy feels the team is ready to be a perennial playoff contender and or trade for some one to get the team over the top.

12 hours ago, iso_55 said:

Yep, just like it was yesterday. Fergie signed him to a contract at Portage & Main just like Bobby Hull's signing 9 years earlier. Remember both days so well.

I was there.

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

I don't think you can go wrong with either of Laine or Puljujarvi 

Too me Pul is Teemu2 but Laine more complete. Too bad he not center.

2 hours ago, Ducky said:

Laine shoots right and plays LW? Some sites say RW and others say LW...

Shoot right prefers to play left wing. Maybe cause that's where he's played for years.

30 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Craig Button Mock Draft... http://www.tsn.ca/tsn-hockey-mock-draft-post-lottery-edition-1.481511

Wonder if Chevy could pull of Klefbom and 4th for Myers, Enstrom and Jamie Phillips

I'd do Myers straight up for Klefbom though... Oilers need help on RHD, Jets on LHD

Klefbom-Trouba, Morrissey-Buff, Chiarot-Postma

No go. Enstrom happy here and will invoke no trade. EDM needs vet goalies not young goalies. i think they prob happy with their G now.

1 minute ago, IC Khari said:

burke_cheveldayoff.jpg

I'm glad someone capped the rare Chevy smile...it does exist!

Burke continuing his other career as a Pat Riley imitator. Though I wish I had that hair. It is good is it not?

Dunno who the guy is top left but he's just giving Chevy that death stare with unmentionables screaming in his head. Only he didn't say fudge.

25 minutes ago, Jacquie said:

Glad they didn't have the lottery back then. Can you imagine what it would have been like to go through that season and not get Hawerchuk.

Other than defenseman Dave Babych who the Jets selected second overall before that 80-81 season, that team was full of misfits. Journeymen hockey players who did really nothing in their careers for the teams they were with before the Jets. They were there to collect a paycheque knowing their time as NHL players would be coming to an end soon. How bad a hockey team can you really be when you win just 9 games out of an 80 game schedule as I think it was back then? Really bad. I remember more than once seeing an enraged John Ferguson frustrated with the lack of talent & effort on that team with sheets of paper floating out of the press box. Whoooo weee did he ever get angry!!

2 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Other than defenseman Dave Babych who the Jets selected second overall before that 80-81 season, that team was full of misfits. Journeymen hockey players who did really nothing in their careers for the teams they were with before the Jets. They were there to collect a paycheque knowing their time as NHL players would be coming to an end soon. How bad a hockey team can you really be when you win just 9 games out of an 80 game schedule as I think it was back then? Really bad. I remember more than once seeing an enraged John Ferguson frustrated with the lack of talent & effort on that team with sheets of paper floating out of the press box. Whoooo weee did he ever get angry!!

And then he picked Andrew McBain instead of Cam Neely...

4 minutes ago, Floyd said:

McBain was a pretty decent second line winger as I recall. Nothing flashy & certainly not a Cam Neely type player but an effective one for the Jets. McBain helped the Jets become a playoff team.

11 minutes ago, Floyd said:

McBain slow starter but finished with 34/37g last 2 years with Jets. So he was on his way when we traded him and his career died in Pitts.

600+ games 300+ pts

Not shabby. Damn good draft.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg