Game 83 Jets @ Draft Lottery

Goalie

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I don't think buff gets any letter. He's the dressing room leader but probably doesn't need an A. Wheeler and Scheif are obvious. Not sure who the other A will be. Maybe a younger guy like Trouba. 

With Stu.. I really feel like, despite his contract, he's probably Moose bound and I think that's a good spot for him. He can show the kids what it takes to be a pro. 

He could be a guy that transitions to other jobs with True North after his career ends.  They obviously seem to like him and he seems to be a good character guy.  Make your NHL money to help mentor kids on the farm, still based in Winnipeg, wife and family arent impacted etc.  But the Jets have shown they will cut ties with loyal soldiers when they feel they need to move on so you never know.

3 hours ago, Mike said:

I wish I had said this *before* the lottery, but I never dreamt it would happen anyways so I didn't think I'd need to but I'm happier with the 2nd overall pick than the 1st personally. The decision is either Laine or Matthews. For our roster, I actually prefer Laine but now there's really no decision for us to make. We simply take who Toronto doesn't and the pressure is on them to make the right pick.

If we had the first overall pick, I'd still want us to take Laine. I understand Matthews is a center, but I'm taking the Ovechkin prototype over the Kopitar prototype every day with our roster built the way it is.

Columbus in good position. They know exactly who they gonna get. Whomever TOR/WPG don't pick :P

I think TOR gonna pick Matthews even if Laine parted waters tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Pop said:

My thoughts exactly. Though I'd go a step farther - Morrissey should start over Stuart.

Stu still better then Morrissey. Not much toughness to Morrissey yet.

No. Stu is the worst d man in the league.  Toughness? Cmon. Morrissey is way better than stu and it's not close. Toughness?  You mean those big hits that lead to 2 on 1 and goals in the back of our net. Stu is not better than anyone. He is awful. Toughness is over rated. He's slow and can't keep up plus can't make a breakout pass.  He's done as a nhl d man. No doubt about it. Jets could put him on waivers and he'd clear. Easily. 

Edited by Goalie

6 hours ago, Mike said:

I wish I had said this *before* the lottery, but I never dreamt it would happen anyways so I didn't think I'd need to but I'm happier with the 2nd overall pick than the 1st personally. The decision is either Laine or Matthews. For our roster, I actually prefer Laine but now there's really no decision for us to make. We simply take who Toronto doesn't and the pressure is on them to make the right pick.

If we had the first overall pick, I'd still want us to take Laine. I understand Matthews is a center, but I'm taking the Ovechkin prototype over the Kopitar prototype every day with our roster built the way it is.

A pure goal scorer is like a decent starting QB.  They are so rare that even in the NFL where money is no object, not every team in the league has one.

I'm not going to Finland to do my own scouting, but if any of the crap that's out there is true (ya, I know), then Laine is the only choice the Jets should make**.

** I remain thankful for a GM who does more scouting than just watching some highlight videos and sniffing Craig Button's farts, so if he feels otherwise, at least there is a track record proving he might have good reason to do so.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

In quick order, Leafs fans have elevated Matthews above McDavid.....not just Generational Player, but ONCE IN A LIFETIME ERMAGHERD BETTER THAN GRETZKY!!!11! 

yeah I was sitting there watching after the Leafs got first overall and all it was about was how the Leafs won the lottery, meanwhile I am thinking "The Jets won that lottery hands down".  The look of defeat on Burke and Linden's faces as they slid down the draft order while Winnipeg moved up was just priceless.  Like seriously, I couldn't put a price on it. 

But yeah, now all we get to hear about for the next three months is Auston Matthews and the stupid Leafs.  Yuck.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

34 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

yeah I was sitting there watching after the Leafs got first overall and all it was about was how the Leafs won the lottery, meanwhile I am thinking "The Jets won that lottery hands down".  The look of defeat on Burke and Linden's faces as they slid down the draft order while Winnipeg moved up was just priceless.  Like seriously, I couldn't put a price on it. 

But yeah, now all we get to hear about for the next three months is Auston Matthews and the stupid Leafs.  Yuck.

And how they are trending upwards. Ugh.

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

The Leafs and their fans can gloat now. I am happy to wait until next year when Laine wins rookie of the year after helping us back to the playoffs.

Laine could out-score Matthews 2-1 and still Matthews will win it.  They might as well give it to him now.