Final Draft Rankings

Noeller

17 minutes ago, bearpants said:

The top 4 on that list all have a shot at being drafted in the NFL... if not drafted, I think they'll sign as UDFAs.... I wish they would expand the list to top 30 or 40, cuz this is really a top 15 when you take out NFL prospects...

then you have a top 9-10 or each teams first pic. With a taste of depth pic future neglist watch guys.

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 9:31 AM, bearpants said:

The top 4 on that list all have a shot at being drafted in the NFL... if not drafted, I think they'll sign as UDFAs.... I wish they would expand the list to top 30 or 40, cuz this is really a top 15 when you take out NFL prospects...

Go all 7 rounds. Tt's probably easy to pick the top 15 or 20 but go deeper.

Tevaun Smith signs with Colts

Elie Bouka with Cardinals

Arjen Colquhoun signs with Cowboys

Mehdi Abdesmad signs with Titans

Charles Valliancourt get a mini camp invites from Giants Raider

Taylor Loffler gets a mini camp invite from Giants

Mercer Timmins get mini camp invite from Giants

Brandon Revenberg get a mini camp invite from guess who that's right Giants

13 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Alex Singleton gets a mini camp invite from Patriots 

Doug Corby gets a mini camp invite from Giants

The NY Giants seem to give a lot of CFL bound players try out opportunities but looking over their roster the only Canadian I recognize is Brett Jones.  They're the gateway drug of the NFL.

A bunch of CIS guys got mini camp invites last year right after the draft too (mostly to the Giants), and I can't remember any who left with contracts in hand. If you don't have a contract going in, odds of having one coming out are pretty low. It really just puts CFL teams in wait-and-see mode before May 10th.

Talk about a way to disrupt a league's order of business. Nobody minds a legit opportunity to secure an NFL contract going forward, and bravo to those that do, but some of these teams are shooting arrows into the wind, and hoping to hit a legitimate target. Meanwhile, all the CFL GMs up here in the CFL, have to re-do their whole drafting board with an eye on guesswork in figuring the chances of those players returning. 

It sucks. And that's the way it is. 

The NFL lick their lips, wring their hands, put on the bib to cover their big fat guts, and select the cream of the crop. Then they spit out the bones. You'd think they would wait until we develop them a bit before they swipe them. 

Maybe that's the next phase..

Another reason to distrust the big boys..

2 hours ago, nate007 said:

A bunch of CIS guys got mini camp invites last year right after the draft too (mostly to the Giants), and I can't remember any who left with contracts in hand. If you don't have a contract going in, odds of having one coming out are pretty low. It really just puts CFL teams in wait-and-see mode before May 10th.

Both Chungh and Richards attended the Giants tryout camp last year.  On the left of the photo below you can see Richards unsuccessfully reaching for a food voucher.

tempEAP_3354--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?wid

Sort of like our invites to training camp. Everyone is hoping to find a diamond in the pile.  These guys  have a chance and if it doesn't work out they should be good back here for a long time. Just as well they do it now than do it after a few years and loose half a year of work. 

Mini camp invites mean nothing - the same thing happened last year. Especially with the Giants, they're really doing it more to give these kids a chance to experience the big league camp life. The Giants aren't looking for a right now solution, they're looking for those connections to be built so that down the road, they can attract these guys if they come back up north and make it big.

If I'm a CFL GM, the only guys I've moved around on my draft board are Smith, Abdesmad, Colquhoun and Bouka (who wasn't high to begin with)

Blaszko and van Gylswyk are also headed to Giants mini camp. I don't begrudge these guys for going, but this is just silly. How does it benefit the Giants to have that many bodies in mini camp? Do they bring in sacrificial lambs to make the guys they drafted feel good about themselves?