Muamba released!

IC Khari

Let's see, it's been half a day since Muamba has learned of that awful contract gaffe his agent negotiated for him...and he still hasn't fired  Hardaway? C'mon Henoc, time to take matters into your own hand. Any other agent would have got you steady employment last year, and this year, at the very least.

gofireaway...

Edited by Mr Dee
Continued

24 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

Popp played Hardaway like a cheap drum. He was signing a guy to make a playoff run. Gave him the 60k bonus after 2016 FA deadline knowing that if he didn't like how things went he could dump Henoc after he needed to do what he was going to do with his FA. 

I think there's a huge differing opinion on who played who...Henoc walked away with a ton of cash for doing literally nothing and his agent got paid off for arranging the grand tour...My opinion is Popp pooped his pants on that whole deal and flushed a bunch of cash...Cripes if Walters would have pulled off a deal like that the heavens would've come crashing down around here..

18 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I think there's a huge differing opinion on who played who...Henoc walked away with a ton of cash for doing literally nothing and his agent got paid off for arranging the grand tour...My opinion is Popp pooped his pants on that whole deal and flushed a bunch of cash...Cripes if Walters would have pulled off a deal like that the heavens would've come crashing down around here..

... and rightly so. 

No doubt Muamba got paid nicely for a short period...but that was going to happen anyways, there were teams interested. The problem arises on this year's contract and the supposed 'pay advance'. The timing is all wrong and putting his client in the 'not knowing what's going on' category borders on bush league negotiating. His release should have been arranged way before the Free Agency date to get more teams involved. Back to square one for Muamba just when he thought he was settled.

Who played whom doesn't matter. They both look foolish.

1 hour ago, DR. CFL said:

The fact remains he is a difficult guy to deal with to the point that some GMs simply refuse to deal with him. CFL players that get NFL looks do so because they have been scouted not because some two bit agent got them a look. 

CFL players who have an agent that is able to negotiate a short term deal for big money get an NFL shot sooner than the same player whose agent negotiates a long term deal for the same money.  Therefore Hardaway makes it easier for his players to get NFL shots.

Now you owe me money for forcing me to take the time to explain that to you.

6 hours ago, Noeller said:

Don't dump 2 NIs for 1......dump imports. Those NIs, regardless of starting position, are invaluable on ST. Our NI depth is still really poor and we can't afford to be letting guys go. 

I dunno...I'm with Mike. I really don't want Muamba, all things considered...

Nah, don't want him either as we know he'll want marquis money for just a single year of play. This is kinda funny actually. Almost like Karma considering his arrogant CFL tour in September. I'm sure he'll either be a Rider or an Eskimo.

I'd be over the moon if Henoc signed a single-year contract for 2016 with us. Every extra starting national makes our team more robust and injury-proof. Every extra starting national makes it easier to stack our OL with cheap imports. Who cares if he's not loyal to the Blue unto death?  In a league of non-guaranteed contracts where team legends like Weston Dressler or Allen Pitts or Geroy Simon can be cut as soon as they are a moment too old or expensive, loyalty is foolish. 

I also don't care if his agent is an ass.  That's Walters' problem. 

More and more young CFL players are going to be signing single-year contracts, so high-frequency player movement is gonna be something that CFL fans just need to get used to.

Edited by johnzo

16 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

No doubt Muamba got paid nicely for a short period...but that was going to happen anyways, there were teams interested. The problem arises on this year's contract and the supposed 'pay advance'. The timing is all wrong and putting his client in the 'not knowing what's going on' category borders on bush league negotiating. His release should have been arranged way before the Free Agency date to get more teams involved. Back to square one for Muamba just when he thought he was settled.

Who played whom doesn't matter. They both look foolish.

Don't you think Popp purposely did it that way? You keep him until after the FA so teams will spend their money elsewhere that force him to deal on his terms of walk into a world where very few have the cap space to take him.  

2 minutes ago, LeBird said:

Don't you think Popp purposely did it that way? You keep him until after the FA so teams will spend their money elsewhere that force him to deal on his terms of walk into a world where very few have the cap space to take him.  

that and this way Popp was able to secure some insurance in the form of quality MLB's making Muamba expendable due to his contract. Not bad losing a starting MLB but still having two who have proven to be starters in this league. 

Can you imagine if he let Muamba go before free agency and also lost Woods?