East Division Final - Ottawa over Hamilton

Mr Dee

@: #Ticats slotback Terrell Sinkfield won't play tomorrow. #CFL

CFL Game Notes-

Last play FG to win: Medlock’s 47-yard FG on the last play was the 7th time that a walk-off (absolute last play) field goal has ended a playoff game in league history back to 1936.

William Powell: Started the final 4 games and had a major impact. Powell rushed for 392 yards on 66 carries (13 runs of 10+ yards) - #1 in the CFL over the final 4 weeks of the season (#2: Tyrell Sutton with 373). The REDBLACKS won all four games that he started and Powell added 12 catches for 102 yards in that span.

Ottawa 12 wins: The REDBLACKS broke the all-time Ottawa wins record with their 12-6 mark going one better than the 11-5 Rough Riders in 1978. They finished above .500 on the road (5-4) for the first time in 20 seasons (1983: 5-3 Rough Riders).

The matchup at starting QB has Ottawa’s Henry Burris bring 233 total regular season & playoff starts (119-111-3) against Jeremiah Masoli’s two career starts, one last season at Calgary, and the other the playoff game last week versus Toronto.

Hamilton defensive TDs: The 8 scores by the Hamilton defence is second-highest ever by the Ticats and two short of their club record of 10 in 1971.

Trying for 3 in a row: The last time that Hamilton won three consecutive East Division playoff titles was 1984 to 1986. They went on to the Grey Cup and won one of the three opportunities.

Hamilton recent on the road: The Ticats have lost their last two road games in Ottawa (44-28) and BC (40-13) so by a combined score of 84-41.

Hamilton QB sacks: In their 10 wins, Hamilton had 28 QB sacks; in their 8 defeats they recorded just 10 sacks.

4 wins a row: The REDBLACKS have now won 4 straight games – the last Ottawa team to win 4 games in a row before that was back in 1991 (Aug 8-29/91) after an 0-4 start to reach 4-4.

Ticat Turnover Ratio (+28 vs -13): Hamilton has a +28 Turnover Ratio in their 10 wins, and are -13 in their 7 losses in 2015. They have gone -5 over their last two games.

Four at 1,000 yards: Ottawa had four receivers over 1,000 yards this season: Chris Williams (#3, 1,214), Greg Ellingson (#7, 1,061), Ernest Jackson (#9, 1,036) and Brad Sinopoli (#11, 1,035). Ellingson made 20 catches for 355 yards over the final 4 games to make into the 1000-yard group. Ottawa had NEVER before had even three 1,000-yard receivers in the same season.

Ottawa Offence: In their 12 wins, Ottawa averaged 433 yards of net offence; in their 6 losses they averaged over 140 less yards per game at 292 per game.

81.8% pick of MBB pick....Ottawa to win.

For me it's a matter of Austin's huge ego and arrogance vs Ottawa's emergence as a solid team...with a huge boost of critical non-injuries.

Austin, more or less, said he'll live and die with the QBs he brought along...he will likely die. Unless..

Bad Hank shows up, but he hasn't been around too much this year, so despite having my reservations about Burris this year, I grudgingly have to admit he had a fantastic year and deserves success.

There, I said it.

Not an Ottawa fan. I'd love tosee that team lose. I've seen Hank choke, literally choke in big games before while a Stampeder. I wouldn't be surprised if his alter ego Frank shows up tomorrow playing badly with the Deer In The Headlights look to him

Mathew Scianitti said he wouldn't be surprised if Bad Hank showed up tomorrow

Not an Ottawa fan. I'd love tosee that team lose. I've seen Hank choke, literally choke in big games before while a Stampeder. I wouldn't be surprised if his alter ego Frank shows up tomorrow playing badly with the Deer In The Headlights look to him

Mathew Scianitti said he wouldn't be surprised if Bad Hank showed up tomorrow

Hank just goes to pieces in big, big games. That's why Calgary gave up on him.

Nope don't see it. Hammy has nothing at QB

All Hank has to do is play ok and the Red Blacks will win.Even bad Hank is better than what Hammy has at QB right now.

Frank... His name is Frank.Someone in the media here in Calgary called him that after a very bad Western Final loss & the name stuck. 

I say Hank plays well.  Imagine how bad he would want to face Calgary in the Cup.

He also probably wants to beat Hamilton.

Not sure why people dislike him so much, even if he's had some bad games in big spots, he's one of the best players in league history, and seems like a good guy.

even tells opposition players "good hit" and so on.

also don't get the Ottawa hate. coaches seem like good guys, they obviously know what they're doing, not a dirty team. head scratcher.

also one of Hamilton's best D lineman is out, I heard.

I say Hank plays well. Imagine how bad he would want to face Calgary in the Cup.

Not sure why people dislike him so much, even if he's had some bad games in big spots, he's one of the best players in league history, and seems like a good guy.

also don't get the Ottawa hate. coaches seem like good guys, they obviously know what they're doing, not a dirty team. head scratcher.

Henry Burris is the first guy to take credit and the first guy to blame others. The absolute worst kind of teammate.

I say Hank plays well.  Imagine how bad he would want to face Calgary in the Cup.

Mostly sour grapes because we're not playing this week.