"Fighting" for jobs

do or die

That was usually the kind of game where people on a bad team, are exerting themselves mightily......to secure a position for jobs, next year.

Going past about 6-7 guys.....ya could of fooled me.   Appropriate finish to a disastrous year.   0 TDs (yet again) and 11 points in a CFL game, will never cut it and some of the tackling on D was a joke, indeed....

Starting next year, nobody should be safe on this team, period.  That applies to upstairs, as well.

I know people all around the league.......and most of them look upon the Bombers as either a figure of fun.... or an object of pity.   Even the gin does not erase the metaphoric stench.....

Yes, one can put out legit and sensible reasons for not having yet another purge.   But frankly, I'm just so tired, of this bull....and the lame excuses and rationalizations for why this team.... can't get it done under any circumstances.  

They suck but they are a proud franchise that has won 10 Grey Cups, so we should be thankful to be a fan of this team. Never mind that the most recent championship was over a quarter century ago and the ones before that going on 30 - 55 years. Those are Toronto Maple Leaf like realities ...

I dont like the term "country club" but I get the feeling there was very little to any consequence when players messed up. lack of accountability (maybe at practice it was brought out but it didnt translate well). Not saying MOS needs to go all postal, but I believe i was watching an edmonton game and a player messed up, behind chris jones he started doing push ups. I think it was dave ritchie that used to do that and i miss those dave ritchie teams!

Mo Leggett made an interesting comment on the Post Game Show, maybe the only interesting comment heard all year.  Irving asked what this team needs to change going into next year and to paraphrase Mo replied "We need to get some real jerks on this team". 

Pretty obvious that he is referring to is players that do not necessarily fit in with the current "good attitude" concept O'Shea has envisioned for this team and the willingness to accept some bad attitudes that bad dudes often carry along with them. 

Greg Peach is the poster boy for this locker room, nice but ineffectual.  Players the likes of Tyrone Jones, James West, Odell Willis, Mike Pringle, Jerome Messam, Khalif Mitchell, Kyries Hebert and countless others of ill character may not have been welcome. 

O'Shea has to start worrying less about chemistry and pay more attention to on-field performance.

Good attitude can mean jerks. Jamal Westerman has a good attitude but is a jerk on the field. I think mo just means they need guys who play on the edge and at times are willing to go over. Don't think he's referring to douchebags like khalif mitchell at all.

That was usually the kind of game where people on a bad team, are exerting themselves mightily......to secure a position for jobs, next year.

Going past about 6-7 guys.....ya could of fooled me. Appropriate finish to a disastrous year. 0 TDs (yet again) and 11 points in a CFL game, will never cut it and some of the tackling on D was a joke, indeed....

Starting next year, nobody should be safe on this team, period. That applies to upstairs, as well.

I know people all around the league.......and most of them look upon the Bombers as either a figure of fun.... or an object of pity. Even the gin does not erase the metaphoric stench.....

Yes, one can put out legit and sensible reasons for not having yet another purge. But frankly, I'm just so tired, of this bull....and the lame excuses and rationalizations for why this team.... can't get it done under any circumstances.

This pretty well sums it up.Not sure why anyone is defending any part of this regime from the top down.We ethier purge now or next year and lose another year to this circus.

I assumed the jerk comment was that they need more vocal leaders who will be a pain in the ass to the other guys and make sure that they aren't taking it O'shea-easy on the sidelines and on the field.  

It's clear that O'Shea is the nice guy and really isn't pushing the buttons to get the guys playing hard.     

He's like the complete opposite of Chris Jones....

what a completely horrible game that was.

There's a difference between being optimistic about the team, and fooling yourself.

two years ago I was surprised by what happened, but willing to wait and see.

I've seen more than enough.

Even the defence, which played well off and on, isn't really very good.

the people that like O'Shea, continue to say that he's a good coach. Yet, not one of them have offered anything to support that.

I don't see anything from this year, I mean nothing, that makes me think it'll be any better next year.

The way the Etch, Bellefeuille and special teams coach situations have been handled are good indicators of how the players have likely been handled. The changes took just too damned long to be dealt with, even after it was glaringly obvious that change was necessary. O'Shea was a demon on the field but somehow he appears reluctant to hurt peoples' feelings. If you are a boss, its nice to be your employees' buddy and wet-nurse their owies, but the job has to get done, and it hasn't been getting done.

There needs to be a change in the culture of the team, and fresh blood is needed.

I assumed the jerk comment was that they need more vocal leaders who will be a pain in the ass to the other guys and make sure that they aren't taking it O'shea-easy on the sidelines and on the field.  

It's clear that O'Shea is the nice guy and really isn't pushing the buttons to get the guys playing hard.     

There should be a happy medium between smirkin O'shea and Jones.

There are no consequences throughout the team. Win 5 games, no winning streaks not even 2 in a row and we give the GM a pass who gives the HC a pass who gives most of the coaches a pass who give the players passes. Want to create a winning atmosphere? Fire the folks who aren't doing their jobs quickly and bring in folks who can do them.

Here was a Davis sitting on the bench for a whole season, playing his first game in about three years, who looked like he has the makings of a real QB. He can pass, he can run, and looks to be fairly accurate...and with a bad coordinator...and some players not really in the game.

Now explain to me why when Willy got injured, how the QB coach, the offensive coordinator, the scouts, and the head coach, weren't prepared to give him a chance. To me it is simply that they have an inability to recognize talent or the lack of it...eg. Brohm.

They wait until the last game of the year which means nothing to give him an audition.

I was not in favor of an overhaul until last night, but these guys are likely not going to lead us out of the wilderness.

I know some of you still like Adams, but if he is the best we can do...we are in more trouble than I thought.

The tackling on defence was terrible.

I think this team lacks real discipline...this idea that O'Shea had that they are pros and they are self motivated is not working.

lots more...but rant over for now

I watched the game, did half ass pay attention as I was kind of babysitting my almost 1 year old but.... or daddy daughter time lol but.... 

What I saw was the usual suspects busting their butts out there and several saying "**** it, i'm done" 

Who were those usual suspects??

on D it was Westerman, It was Leggett, It was Bass, it was... pretty much that was it, Honorable mention to Bruce Johnson and Posey who i thought was ok for a guy making his first CFL start... Of course Ian Wild always busts his ass too

On O, I thought Davis looked pretty good for a guy making his first real start in like 3 years... I love Marshall's never give up attitude, I liked Nick Moore out there, I liked Denmark, I'm not an expert Oline guy i Liked what the Oline did for the most part, Goosen showed some fire there on several plays... 

But outside of those what? 10 11 maybe 12 guys if i include Spencer Davis on special teams, The rest weren't really that good.

Let's say 12 maybe more depending on the Oline guys who actually looked like they actually gave a crap? That's not good enough. 

Never thought I'd say this but a large part of me hopes Walters does take that Guelph Job so the bombers are forced to move on, because I don't think Wade is gonna fire him or O'shea and while I don't think O'shea is the problem, I do think Walters and the scouts need to wake up and find some damn talent. 

Isn't the real problem a lack of depth and a lack of actual impact players on our team?

I mean,Westerman,Bass, Wild (not enough games tho) are our impact players on D, Let's throw in Adams, he's a damn rookie tho (3 of those 4, that was their first year with us) 

On O, who are our impact players? Moore? Denmark? Willy? That's it. But in all reality, It's probably pretty tough to judge the O since that assclown Bellefeuille was in charge of it all season.... FIRE HIS ASS NOW

Depth is a huge problem and that's on Walters... If you don't have the talent to replace the talent who aren't good enough, then what can you do?

Maybe O'shea and the coaches did want to replace some guys but maybe the biggest problem is... they didn't have anybody to replace them with, that's on walters and the scouts. 

I dont like the term "country club" but I get the feeling there was very little to any consequence when players messed up. lack of accountability (maybe at practice it was brought out but it didnt translate well). Not saying MOS needs to go all postal, but I believe i was watching an edmonton game and a player messed up, behind chris jones he started doing push ups. I think it was dave ritchie that used to do that and i miss those dave ritchie teams!

You're absolutely right. No accountability and it's obvious by the way they play. That's on Mike ("but the player's like him") O'Shea. 

You're absolutely right. No accountability and it's obvious by the way they play. That's on Mike ("but the player's like him") O'Shea. 

#welikemike

Yep. I've seen the Mike ("but the guys like me") O'Shea approach dozens of times in many different walks of life and it never, ever works. There has to be a balance. 

Winnipeg is still the country club of the league for the players. Some players on our roster, wouldn't find work on another team. Until you get someone in charge who won't accept that, nothing will change. The last guy we had, who knew how to build a team, was Doug Berry, unfortunately he rocked the boat too much and was hated for it by some players and was run out of town. This organization values 'marginal players' more than winning.