Dominique Davis Named Starting QB vs Argos

Noeller

its a good thing this is in toronto, so no one should really be in attendance, if it was here worst thing that could happen was Davis' play struck up a we want brohm chant and we head into the offseason with that in our heads.  yuck

You will not hear a we want Brohm chant from anybody I know. Even if DD doesn't play well, wouldn't that be a step up? Or is that too harsh?

I just don't understand what good it does to piss and moan. It's all good...perfectly within your rights to do it, I'm just saying I don't see the need for it and don't gain anything from it. So many on here have become completely irrational and just negative for the sake of being negative. It serves no purpose, other than to make this board virtually unreadable...

I tend to look at it another way if we were all singing roses about this regime would there be any reason to get better?But I respect where your coming from.

I am 114th in Canada right now in the quest for a Joseph Abboud suit. I thought I could start Davis this week and win the suit as I assume he's going to throw for 8 TD's and 712 yards (one short of Dunigan's record). But....sadly, TSN doesn't have him as a QB option. What a surprise.

I am 114th in Canada right now in the quest for a Joseph Abboud suit. I thought I could start Davis this week and win the suit as I assume he's going to throw for 8 TD's and 712 yards (one short of Dunigan's record). But....sadly, TSN doesn't have him as a QB option. What a surprise.

Yeah but they still have Anderson and Tunei (spelling?) soooo I'm sure those guys will make a play at some point....

I just don't understand what good it does to piss and moan. It's all good...perfectly within your rights to do it, I'm just saying I don't see the need for it and don't gain anything from it. So many on here have become completely irrational and just negative for the sake of being negative. It serves no purpose, other than to make this board virtually unreadable...

I tend to look at it another way if we were all singing roses about this regime would there be any reason to get better?But I respect where your coming from.

Perfectly understood, and definitely don't ever consider me of the same "Z0MG1!!1 B0mBERs!1!" ilk as Spudsy...... ;)  Just always hoping for a happy medium. (...Call it the Grit Red in my blood ;) ....)

Developing your own quarterback is the most over rated thing in the CFL.

I went back to looked at all grey cup winners since the last time the Bombers won the Grey Cup and you know what only 5 of those QBs were home grown.

Jeff Garcia

Ricky Ray

Travis Lulay

Darian Durant

Bo Levi Mitchell

There is one astrik to this is Damon Allen won with Edm but had left and returned.

Those QB account for only 7 Grey Cup wins.

6 of 25 that's it.

It may be overrated a bit but if you are always counting on the other teams to develop the talent then that is one less team contributing to the talent pool. that is a recipe for what we have now and that is a serious shortage of top flight QBs.

I think what I am trying to say is you find them any way you can

Well, yes but ultimately one of the best ways is not relying on other franchises to do it. Of course there is no guarantee you will be able to hang on to them for a long time but think of how much better off the league would be if every team was able to produce a decent starter and/or back-up on a regular basis? Listen to how many people on this site have commented on the lack of quality QB stock in the league in the last two years. I don't know about you but I would rather see a wealth of talent rather than four or five teams cranking out the majority of it. How much better would you feel knowing that our GM and coaches could crank out better quality QBs on a fairly regular basis? If you have a good scouting system and GM it goes a very long way to not only getting good young talent but attracting veteran talent.

I just don't understand what good it does to piss and moan. It's all good...perfectly within your rights to do it, I'm just saying I don't see the need for it and don't gain anything from it. So many on here  have become completely irrational and just negative for the sake of being negative. It serves no purpose, other than to make this board virtually unreadable...

If you have everyone just positive or just negative you have a completely useless forum. You absolutely need both positive and negative outlooks. When I read the pure positive it makes me almost as frustrated as I am with coaches and management. There is nothing wrong with being positive but reading some of the positives on this forum you would think that this team is super close to being a GC team. Its confounding. I am tired of crappy and mediocre I want consistently good, meaning a winning record. I honestly believe that, with the right people in place, that can come in far less time than many of our management in the last 8 years have been telling us. Why should we wait when most other teams haven't. Yes Edmonton, Sask, and Hamilton had long runs of crappiness but when they got it all figured out it came quick and lasted more than a year. Why should Winnipeg be so different?

I like positive folks but at times I think their even more deflating than negative ones. It would sure be nice if we could all go into the off season with the confidence that our Bombers will be back to actually challenge for top spots rather hoping we don't suck again.

I just don't understand what good it does to piss and moan. It's all good...perfectly within your rights to do it, I'm just saying I don't see the need for it and don't gain anything from it. So many on here  have become completely irrational and just negative for the sake of being negative. It serves no purpose, other than to make this board virtually unreadable...

If you have everyone just positive or just negative you have a completely useless forum. You absolutely need both positive and negative outlooks. When I read the pure positive it makes me almost as frustrated as I am with coaches and management. There is nothing wrong with being positive but reading some of the positives on this forum you would think that this team is super close to being a GC team. Its confounding. I am tired of crappy and mediocre I want consistently good, meaning a winning record. I honestly believe that, with the right people in place, that can come in far less time than many of our management in the last 8 years have been telling us. Why should we wait when most other teams haven't. Yes Edmonton, Sask, and Hamilton had long runs of crappiness but when they got it all figured out it came quick and lasted more than a year. Why should Winnipeg be so different?

I like positive folks but at times I think their even more deflating than negative ones. It would sure be nice if we could all go into the off season with the confidence that our Bombers will be back to actually challenge for top spots rather hoping we don't suck again.

it's not about positive vs. negative, it's about the people who ***** for the sake of bitching being as bad as the blind homers. Some people will spin everything no matter how insignificant into the biggest negative going and that's just stupid. 

Well you have to understand that most forums are going to lean that way. You can either choose to feed it or walk away. If you find a forum too frustrating walk away. I do it all the time. Of course it doesn't always work out and you get stuck in a flame war but really the only way to ease your frustration with the extremes is to walk away.

I would also add that trying your best to not get personal can go really far. I have seen and gotten personal but in the end I never really have any bad feelings and can't since I don't know any of you folks personally. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt and assume they are good people that are just frustrated for different reasons. I may not agree with what you say but that doesn't mean I think you are any less a good person or a fan.

I was to the point of not wanting to log on anymore. Then put 10 people onto ignore and the boards are readable again. Unfortunately ignore doesn't work in chat, so that's still unreadable, but the boards are much more readable now.

I was to the point of not wanting to log on anymore. Then put 10 people onto ignore and the boards are readable again. Unfortunately ignore doesn't work in chat, so that's still unreadable, but the boards are much more readable now.

That only gets you so far. Ignore can help you to get better at counting to ten and just arguing salient points. Eventually though ignore can make life terribly boring.

it's not about positive vs. negative, it's about the people who ***** for the sake of bitching being as bad as the blind homers. Some people will spin everything no matter how insignificant into the biggest negative going and that's just stupid. 

No, that's just politics.