Prospect Report

16 hours ago, Ducky said:

Don't know if anyone posted that Poolman got an all-star nod.

I can't believe Maurice is giving more ice time to players like Halischuk and Thorburn than Armia. He gave Armia less time than anyone tonight.

I really liked Scheifele on the PK tonight. His head was always looking around to see where the opposition players were. The Jets' PK is looking better as of late.

Stuart still getting too much time.

Maurice implied that the ESW line will be together next year.

I'd love to see Little between Connor and Armia. Armia and Little are smart defensively and also no strangers in the O zone either......I can hardly wait for the draft and off-season and the start of next season.

If Tanev plays against the Ducks, who does Maurice sit? Hali?

edit............ Is Lemieux on his way here? The Spitfires got knocked out of the playoffs tonight.

Is Jansen Harkins on his way to Winnipeg. His team is out of the playoffs.

9 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I wasn't paying enough attention at the time to be angry.  All I heard when they picked Scheif was "Dale Hawerchuk advised the Jets to pick him" and that was good enough for me.

What does P/60 @ even strength mean?  Is that some corsi stuff?  I will never get that corsi metric.

Points over 60 minutes?  I have no idea

Points over 60 minutes played where the minutes are not PP or PK. 

It is used to measure points per minute and not penalize people on the PK or give the advantage to people who get PP time. 

A stat to use in conjunction with others.  

5 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Oh yeah there were...

Every season that Scheiffle spent in junior while Couturier played in the NHL, people complained, and for a good part of his first season with the Jets as well.

Chevldayoff has been one of the most astute drafters in the NHL, and just the other day people here were commenting that he could stand to learn a thing or two from John Ferguson.  Really?  Chevy's had 5 drafts with the Jets and I'd grade every one of them as one of the top 5 team draft classes of that year.  What's his biggest miss so far?  Using a 2nd rounder on Lucas Sutter?  Give me a break.

2 hours ago, mbrg said:

Every season that Scheiffle spent in junior while Couturier played in the NHL, people complained, and for a good part of his first season with the Jets as well.

Chevldayoff has been one of the most astute drafters in the NHL, and just the other day people here were commenting that he could stand to learn a thing or two from John Ferguson.  Really?  Chevy's had 5 drafts with the Jets and I'd grade every one of them as one of the top 5 team draft classes of that year.  What's his biggest miss so far?  Using a 2nd rounder on Lucas Sutter?  Give me a break.

Exactly.....Fergie made some MAJOR blunders with 1st round picks over the years he was here. I liked him but some of his picks were more than questionable. Overall he did more good than bad.

Chevy has done quite well drafting. Scheifele will be our number one centre next year. Ehlers was a steal. Trouba's best years are still ahead of him.

Petan, Hellebuyck, Comrie, Morrisey...have really good potential especially with Hellebuyck looking to be number one next year.

Lowry played his way onto the team. JC Lipon could fit in nicely on the 4th line. 

Looking forward to seeing Tanev tonight. Interested to see how Tanev responds to playing in the bigs.

Edited by Blueballz

Not to mention Copp and De Leo in the 4th round. Roslovic will probably make the NHL too.

Players Chevy drafted in the 2013 draft with the round drafted...

Morrisseiy 1

Comrie 2

Petan2

Lodge 3

Lipon 3

Copp 4

Kostalek 4

Poolman 5

Kichton 7

Karlstrom 7

Five of these (bolded) have a really good chance of making the big league and that is almost unheard of. Poolman and Kostalek have a fairly good chance of making it. Lodge, Kichton and Karlstrom not so much