Prospect Report

From the Jets website

WINNIPEG JETS PROSPECT HIGHLIGHTS

Kyle Connor, LW – Michigan (Big 10)

The Jets first round draft pick from this year put up an impressive five points (3G, 2A) in his first three games with the University of Michigan Wolverines. Connor has helped the Wolverines to a 3-0-1 start to the season. In the season opener, Connor posted two goals and an assist, which is the most by a Michigan freshman in their debut since 2001. The first goal Connor scored in his NCAA career was on a shorthanded breakaway. For his strong start to the season, Connor was named Big Ten First Star of the week on Tuesday, Oct. 20/15.

Matteo Gennaro, C – Prince Albert (WHL)

Matteo Gennaro, who was selected by the Jets in the seventh round of the 2015 draft, and his Prince Albert Raiders currently sit first in the East Division of the WHL with a record of 10-2-1. Gennaro has played in all 13 games, and has put up two goals over the last five. Gennaro’s two goals came in two consecutive games – on Wed. Oct. 14/15 and Fri. Oct. 16/15 – both of which the Raiders won. Gennaro has a total of five points on the season (3G, 2A).

Jack Roslovic, C – Miami (NCHC)

Jack Roslovic, yet another draft pick from this year’s class, is leading his Miami Redhawks with seven total points (4G, 3A) through the first six games. The first year player has potted two power play goals and is +3 on the year. The Miami Redhawks currently sit third in the NCHC standings with a record of 3- 2-1. For his efforts in Miami’s first four games – 3G, 2A – Roslovic was named the Rookie of the Week in the NCHC on Oct. 19/15. Roslovic has recorded point in every game so far this season.

Just wait a couple years but

Connor,Scheif,Ehlers are gonna be a dominating line. 

Scheif and Ehlers are already a dynamic duo of sorts, you throw Connor on the that line and look out..

There's an ad on tv i think for adidas, maybe not adidas but it features McJesus working out on a football field and it's kinda funny cause this guy looks like he has no weight to him at all.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.uscho.com/2016/01/06/north-dakotas-cam-johnson-michigans-kyle-connor-pick-up-december-hca-laurels/

For the season, the Winnipeg Jets’ prospect leads the nation’s freshmen in points per game (1.47), goals per game (0.71) and points (25). His overall average of 1.47 points per game this season is the most by a Michigan freshman since the 1979-80 season.

Plus minus really means nothing at all in the big picture. Useless Stat. 

Example ..

LLW on ice.... puck in opposition zone... wheeler goes to change and Perreault hops on the ice... shot from point... goal.  Perreault = plus 1. Eventho he just stepped on the ice. Wheeler gets no plus because eventho let's say he set up the play to get in the O zone he wasn't on the ice. 

Arctic Ice takes a look at the Jets prospects that are currently in the NCAA.

http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2016/1/8/10727542/jets-ncaa-prospect-update

A couple of highlights, but I encourage you to give the whole article a read.   

Kyle Connor

Team: Michigan

How did he enter the Jets' system? Drafted 17th overall by the Jets  in the 2015 draft

2015-2016 stats: 12 goals, 13 assists, 25 points in 17 games.

Brad's take: He's a very dynamic, offensive player for Michigan. He leads that team in scoring, which is very impressive considering the Wolverines have older, proven players like J.T Compher and Tyler Motte in the lineup.

Garret's take: Connor ( is) 1-2 ( years away). I thought he would take 2 years of the NCAA but he' dominating like no player other than ( Jack) Eichel has as a U20 freshman has over the past 5 years or so.

Jack Roslovic

Team: Miami Ohio

How did he enter the Jets' system? Drafted 27th overall by the Jets in the 2015 draft.

2015-2016 stats: 9 goals, 9 assists, 18 points in 18 games.

Brad's take: Tremendous offensive player capable of making very skilled plays. He leads Miami in scoring quite a bit, which is no small feat for a freshman. Has to improve his game in his own end and away from the puck before heading to the NHL.

Garret's timetable: Roslovic I'm guessing is 2-3 years away from making the jump to the NHL.

Roslovic and Connor were both snubbed from Team USA's World Junior roster, which came to a shock for many. Team USA finished with a bronze medal, many wondered how the outcome could have been different if the team had added goal scoring talent such as Roslovic and Connor.

2 goals 3 assists 5 points for Connor tonight.  

Jets next season?  Maybe but I'd suspect another year altho it's hard to say cuz he's really ripping it up pretty huge time. 

Basically on the Jack Eichel pace for NCAA rookies and he turned pro the next year so it's possible.

Edited by Goalie

Came across this write up on Mason Appleton (6th round pick) who is having a pretty good year himself with Michigan State, leading the team in assists (13) and tied for the team lead in points with 17 in 21 games played.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2016/01/05_appleton_slips_under_us.php

Couple of interesting comments:

No. 27, a 6-foot-2 freshman forward, was running the power play for the Spartans like a game of shinny, keeping the puck on his blade for swaths of several seconds as he skated loops across the top of the zone, head up before firing passes onto teammates tape.

A teenager in his first NCAA game, playing against amped up undergrads several years older, had found a way to slow the game down and masterfully distribute the disc. The two men circled their sheets, and the producer waited for the post game to ask MSU mentor Tom Anastos if he had the kid running his power play from the start of the season?

“Sure,” said Anastos with a laugh. “All four days we’ve been able to work on it.”

“I started high school at 5-[foot-]3,” Appleton said, after the Spartans fell out of the GLI with yet another frustrating loss. “I grew almost a foot in high school. I still had the skill and the brain and that stuff when I was 14, 15, 16, but I guess I wasn’t physically there. Growing up, even at the development camps, I didn’t make those first three years and I remember in tears on my porch talking to my high school coach ‘Look, what do I gotta do?’ And then I just bit the bullet and said ‘Whatever, I’m going to outwork all these kids.’”