Prospect Report

Yes the Jets are very light on defenceman prospects.  We are still bringing up Atlanta draft picks (Chiarot, Melchiori) and the only Jets draft picks in the system are essentially Morrissey and Kostalek.  Poolman would be a fine addition to the Moose.

Ya, Connor would play with the Moose but Poolman needs time on the farm. They tried to sign him last year but couldn't talk him into it. I'd like to see both of them go as far as they can in college for the playoff experience.......then they can sign with the Jets.

13 hours ago, Ducky said:

Ya, Connor would play with the Moose but Poolman needs time on the farm. They tried to sign him last year but couldn't talk him into it. I'd like to see both of them go as far as they can in college for the playoff experience.......then they can sign with the Jets.

Doesnt seem like any reason for Connor to return to college next season.  I expect he signs with the Jets as soon as he's done with his season if that happens before the Jets' season is done.  And he wont be playing for the Moose.  He has all the leverage and while the team would want to maintain their option to assign players anywhere, there will be an agreement that he plays for the Jets, not the Moose.  His agent will see to that.  Just like Andrew Copp.

13 hours ago, Ducky said:

There wasn't any great hockey reason for my suggestion that he play one more year at UND before joining the Moose other than he has years to go before he might be ready, might as well not use up a year of his entry level contract while he's on his hockey journey.  If the Jets think there is lots to gain by having him work with McCambridge one year sooner, so be it.

Speaking of prospects, I've read some news that Jamie Phillips may not be offered a contract by the Jets, He's a goalie prospect. They do have interest in an unsigned undrafted goalie tho out of Providence, I want to say Nick Ellis is his name, They might sign him instead. 

We are weak on the LHD side of things and on the Right side of things also... Stacked at forward prospects, not so much at D in general.

Poolman is interesting, he probably could turn PRO if he wanted, but... I'm not sure he's a JET next year, Our LHD side is weak for sure but... He'd be a Moose, And to leave College to go play for the Moose? I dunno about that one. He might be better off playing another year in the college. 

Connor? Connors a JET next year or he's with Michigan still..Bottom line, he ain't turning pro to go play for the Moose. 

I guess, If i was drafting this year, I'd probably be looking at getting a couple D men, i think that's where Chicagos Pick and or 2nd Comes in, Probably see 2 D with those picks, 

Names to look at include Klague from Brandon and LuJo that's RyJo's brother, LHD prospect 2016 draft. 

i don't think they trade a first and a second to move up cuz i think at 25 and 35 you can take 2 d men that you need. Why trade up for just 1 lol, when your prospect pool is so thin on D, Jets keep Chicago 1st and our 2nd and take 2 d men with those 2 picks. 

We do have a couple more D prospects in Niku and Nogier.  Niku is a lefty and Nogier is a righty.  They are probably a couple seasons away at least though, but both have decent potential.  But I imagine we will draft one or two Dmen with the Chicago 1st and our 2nd rounder.  There are some good options at that point in the draft. 

Scouting report for Niku...

SCOUTING REPORT
Assets: Has outstanding puck skills, and is reliable in his own end of the ice. Makes smart, safe decisions and displays a sound hockey IQ. Skates very well and makes a good first pass. Owns a strong lower body and is solid on his skates.
Flaws: Is somewhat limited, both in terms of ideal size for the National Hockey League and high-end offensive upside. Must prove he can withstand the rigors of the North American professional ranks.
Career Potential: Smart, poised puck-moving defenseman with upside.

For Nogier...

Talent Analysis

Nogier is a no-nonsense, stay-at-home defender. While there is not much of an offensive component to his game, he uses size and strength to defend in his own end. An injury during his second season in junior hockey has slowed his development a bit but he is once again back on the ice and logging a lot of ice time. As with many players his size, skating and mobility will constantly be a challenge.

I'd imagine that the jets might have Chychrun Sergachev Juolevi ranked similarly. I'd imagine Tkachuk Nylander Keller are also ranked similarly. 

If they aren't picking top 4... they will take one of those 6 and personally I'd go with a d man. Whoever interviews and tests better of the 3 there. Ceilings are similar 

10 hours ago, Ducky said:

Glover too.

The chance of someone sticking in the NHL from the 2nd round is lower than 20%. If we pick Matthews, Pul, Laine, PLD, or Tkachuk, I hope we move up to get Bean or Juolevi or Chychrun if he is available, too.

Weird cuz when you create your future fantasy rosters.. you have guys like Niku and Kostalek on it yet they were taken much later in the drafts. Like 5th 6th rounders stuff. There chance of making it must be tiny but they show up in your predict the roster 2 yrs from now stuff. 

Why would you trade up to get 1 who could be a huge bust when you could take 2 d men, sure they might be busts also but you know what... Matthews might be also. Who really knows what any of these guys turn our to be. 

I'll say this.   Last year... 3 LHD also. Hanifin Provorov and Werenski. Those 3 are better than Chychrun Sergachev Juolevi. Bottom line is that these 3 d men aren't really that different and their ceilings are similar 

Hanifin Provorov and Werenski have legit top pair potential. Not convinced that Chychrun Sergachev Juolevi do. 

Far from fantasy rosters.....those were probable rosters.....If it were fantasy rosters, Petan would be much higher up the lineup and so would Roslovic. Kostalek was on there because there isn't much in the cupboard..........lots on the team already but not a lot of depth.

You take the Chicago 1st and our 2nd, I'd much rather have a pick in the 6-10 range.

Lol. Ducky. Whenever someone questions you... it's the same old. 23 and 35 and next year's 2nd won't get you a top 10 pick. Keep Chicago's pick. Keep our 2nd and just take whoever is available with those picks. There isn't really anyone worth trading up for besides the top 4 guys who we have a shot at getting one of them as is. 

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Lol. Ducky. Whenever someone questions you... it's the same old. 23 and 35 and next year's 2nd won't get you a top 10 pick. Keep Chicago's pick. Keep our 2nd and just take whoever is available with those picks. There isn't really anyone worth trading up for besides the top 4 guys who we have a shot at getting one of them as is. 

yup, truths and facts....two things you have trouble dealing with.

Want to back up your statement? Just pull some BS stats outta your arse and put them up there, nobody on here is smart enough to check them out, right?

Ducky.  You seem to have an issue for some reason. What fact or truth is there in saying you could trade Chicago pick our 2nd and another 2nd to get a top 10 pick. There is no truth or fact in that.  That's pure speculation 

Whatever tho. I don't care that much. 

But in other news providence lost in OT and Ellis made 55 saves. 

Anyone aware of this? Phillips is older than Helle and Comrie and Ellis. Interesting. Might be a reason why they won't sign him. 

Edited by Goalie

Lemieux and the Spitfires have given up BIG leads in 2 playoff games and he could be out of the OHL by this coming Wednesday.....I'd have him here Thursday. He got tossed from the game for a match (debatable) penalty for slewfooting a Ranger.

Edited by Ducky

Don't know if anyone posted that Poolman got an all-star nod.

I can't believe Maurice is giving more ice time to players like Halischuk and Thorburn than Armia. He gave Armia less time than anyone tonight.

I really liked Scheifele on the PK tonight. His head was always looking around to see where the opposition players were. The Jets' PK is looking better as of late.

Stuart still getting too much time.

Maurice implied that the ESW line will be together next year.

I'd love to see Little between Connor and Armia. Armia and Little are smart defensively and also no strangers in the O zone either......I can hardly wait for the draft and off-season and the start of next season.

If Tanev plays against the Ducks, who does Maurice sit? Hali?

edit............ Is Lemieux on his way here? The Spitfires got knocked out of the playoffs tonight.

Edited by Ducky