Prospect Report

No. Part of the reason guys play in Europe is because when drafted they could play in the nhl or ahl. A guy like dubois or Tkachuk can only play in the nhl or go back to junior. It's obviously not a huge part of the reason but let's pretend that the jets draft Laine Puljujarvi or Matthews. They could play for the moose next year. 

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

yup, AM not North American as he played in Europe this year.  Why was that?  So he could play pro hockey instead of going to college?

Matthews decision to play there. He played against men in a pro league and I think Marc Crawford was his coach. (Crawford will probably get a job in the NHL next season)

It is debatable if it was the right move but he'll be drafted #1 regardless. I think it was the right move.....only 36 games and playing against men. He would mean SO much to the Jets if we were lucky enough to get him.

Ehlers Scheifele Wheeler

Connor Matthews Little

Amia Perreault Staf

Copp Lowry Dano

Petan Tanev Lemieux Peluso and Hutch all go to the Moose. Burmi is is the 13th forward and Thorbs is traded. If Staf is moved, Burmi or Lemieux move in. I'd put Lemieux as the 13th forward but I would rather see him get ice time.

Trouba Buff

Enstrom Hamonic

Morrissey Chiarot/Postma

Stu and Postma/Chiarot are the 7th and 8th D men. Melchiori is re-signed for 700k per year for 2 years and assigned to the moose. Obviously, Myers + ? has been moved for Hamonic. I'd throw in a 2nd. If this team is a contender in 4 years, Hammer will be in his prime, Trouba will be near it and Morrissey should have 3-4 years under his belt and getting 1st PP time by then. Buff in 4 years? Who knows but I think he will still be an asset to the team and making this tough for opposition players in front of his goalie.

Helle 52 games...Pavs 30 games........Hutch called up in an emergency, or Comrie if he is deemed ready.

This lineup makes the playoffs next year. Why? They will have better goaltending, better PK and probably have a better PP as this year's has been pretty bad.

Matthews would probably have to start on the 3rd line as a center and work his way up. I highly doubt he'd be ready for 2nd line center duties off the bat. He'd be eaten alive defensively like Eichel and to an extent mcdavid was this year. 

Still think this makes more sense and spreads out the scoring more 

Connor Scheif Wheeler 

Perreault Little Ehlers 

And the bottom 6 will fall however it does. Will be interesting to see if expansion to Vegas is a go in June 2017... if so keeping guys like stafford Burmi Thorburn Stuart pav around so we can expose them to Vegas makes some sense. If not... no expansion yet then perhaps we move on from some of them.

Really liked the petan copp armia line and could be a good 3rd line 

Don't see Maurice putting 2 rookies on the same line. Even if we do miraculously get Matthews 

Edited by Goalie

• 2 weeks later...

Maurice says lots of things. Regardless tho, 

Tucker Poolman has decided to stay at UND for his final year... Some thought is that he would like to play with his brother who is starting at UND..

Poolman is somewhat of a long shot to become a good pro, he's gonna be 24 when he's done school, that's 4  years older than most guys... But the thought is when his season is up, he will sign with the JETS. 

I think there is a good chance we lose Poolmam now.

He will finish College  then only have to wait a few months to become free agent.  He will still have to sign an ELC, but he will be able to go to whatever city is better for him either geographically or opportunity.

Now, he went to school @ UND and born in Grand Forks, so it isn't entirely out of the question that he would choose here.  But if the Wild were to offer him a contract as well...

He was a 5th round draft pick and was drafted when he was 20.  He has good size, not sure he would be more then a 3rd pairing in the NHL if he were ever to make it.

I don't know he won a championship nothing to prove in college and is leaving money on the table that he will probably never make up really not exactly a sure thing to make the nhl makes me wonder that he wants to become a free agent, wouldn't be the first guess we will see after next year.