Penton: Wade Miller already recruiting assistant coaches for next year

gbill2004

First, there's absolutely no reason to think MOS wants KJ17, because they have next to zero connection whatsoever. But, for the sake of argument, if that's who they want, then it's really simple. MOS is still coaching....Walters could be recruiting, could be doing whatever (none of us knows...) and Wade does have the pre-existing relationship, so he would say "Listen, you guys are busy...let me do some inquiring" and that's that. 

Iso, I know you hate this current regime, and that's fine...that's your prerogative.....but seriously, the level of spin you're putting on things is getting out of hand. Nothing is ever as bad (or as good) as you think it is.

You may call it spin but there are some that know the significance of some past relationships that have contributed to the current state of this team. The current concern by some is these past relationships may now be contributing to the longevity and perhaps misguided loyalty to some of this regime. This current state of affairs has a strong resemblance to the days when Ken Bishop was the CEO/President.

It is spin.  No one here knows what's going on, but everyone thinks they do and are seemingly getting mad about all the possibilities.  One person says they're talking to someone and everyone jumps off the deep end with all their conspiracy theories.  It's hilarious how crazy this thread has become over one simple line.  It doesn't even say the person he's talking to is another coach, but OMGZORZ!!!111 WADE MILLERZ SPOKE TO SOMEONE!!!  That's all we know.  We don't know if MOS and him were talking and it went something like:

WM: Hey Mike, I heard you wanted so and so as your such and such coach for next year.  I know you're busy, did you want me quickly chat with him for you to see if he's even interested.

MOS: Sure.

But hey, if it entertains you, keep spinning your wheels.

As long as people are tossing around completely unfounded rumours, I did read a thing online that MOS apparently wanted MB canned about midway through the year, but Miller kiboshed it, asking him to wait till the end of the year. No clue if that has any basis in reality, but it's something that's out there in the rumour-verse......

First, there's absolutely no reason to think MOS wants KJ17, because they have next to zero connection whatsoever. But, for the sake of argument, if that's who they want, then it's really simple. MOS is still coaching....Walters could be recruiting, could be doing whatever (none of us knows...) and Wade does have the pre-existing relationship, so he would say "Listen, you guys are busy...let me do some inquiring" and that's that. 

Iso, I know you hate this current regime, and that's fine...that's your prerogative.....but seriously, the level of spin you're putting on things is getting out of hand. Nothing is ever as bad (or as good) as you think it is.

Yeah, I do hate the regime a plenty & I know it shows. And perhaps I can't look at things objectively anymore. I guess I do spout off a lot here. So many years of frustration coming to a head, I guess. I'm resigned to the Triplets being being back next year though. I'll try to dial my anger back a bit from now on. I appreciate your comments, Noeller. You're a good fan, thanks.

IF there are boundaries being stepped over to the detriment of the Bomber command structure, it wouldn't be unique. Does anyone remember the reign of Harold Ballard? And now what is going on with the Blue Jays with the CEO(Shapiro) renewing the contract of the manager bypassing the GM (who resigned)?

AA passed on a renewal and Calava was in system when Gibson was retained.

Stop looking for weird over-reaching conspiracy theories lol,

The Jay's ex- GM made it very clear that he decided to bail when Shapiro stepped right past him to meddle in the GM business.

IF there are boundaries being stepped over to the detriment of the Bomber command structure, it wouldn't be unique. Does anyone remember the reign of Harold Ballard? And now what is going on with the Blue Jays with the CEO(Shapiro) renewing the contract of the manager bypassing the GM (who resigned)?

Anthony Crispino, is that you?  ;)

AA passed on a renewal and Calava was in system when Gibson was retained.

Stop looking for weird over-reaching conspiracy theories lol,

The Jay's ex- GM made it very clear that he decided to bail when Shapiro stepped right past him to meddle in the GM business.

Yea and its a known situation in MLB that having a hands on president is far more common then getting the treatment AA had under beeston.

Toronto gave their gm a ton of leeway, he will be hard pressed to find it again. Also, you seemed to have glossed over the fact that the interm GM was already a bluejay and would have given his nod of approval to keep gibbons I would assume.

Anthony Crispino, is that you? ;)

Did ya hear disss??

Also Ballard was around late 80s and died early 90s I think. ******* punk kids.

Did ya hear disss??

He died in April 1990 but he was still involved with the team until the very end.

Did ya hear disss??

I'm pretty sure.....

I had a few beers at a Jet game at the old Barn in 1979. I was Jets season ticketholder at the time. We were on the East side upper deck at the top in the concourse & media used to use the cat walk to get to the press box. They were virtually the same level as the upper concourse but perhaps 50 feet away. Well, I saw Harold Ballard & his sidekick at the time King Clancy walking on said catwalk as the Leafs were in town to play the Jets. Being the idiot half drunk guy, wanting to impress his friends, smart ass that I was, at the time, I yelled out, "Hey Clancy... You died last week but Harold forgot to tell you!" Well,as soon as I yelled that out, I even shocked myself. Both Ballard & Clancy stopped, looked around trying to see who'd say such a horrible thing. Even my friends & the crowd around me reacted with an "OOOOOH" . I couldn't believe I yelled out  what I did & immediately regretted it. Pretty cruel thing to say to Clancy as he was pretty old & died about a year later. One of the reasons why I completely quit drinking beer & never touch the stuff at games anymore. I'll never forget how stupid I was that day.