Penton: Wade Miller already recruiting assistant coaches for next year

gbill2004

So Miller is recruiting & hiring assistants for our head coach? IGF shall be The Wade Miller Daycare Centre. He's babysitting O'Shea now. #welikemike

Good call. It's not like O'Shea and the Bombers have another game on the schedule to prepare for.

Yup, because we're in playoff mode.

Are you suggesting we should throw in the towel?

What if O'Shea actually asked the help of Wade Miller to talk to this 'assistant coach' that Penton is talking?

Maybe Wade Miller offered his help since he has experience in hiring/recruiting.

I got a feeling that what Penton wrote, was taken out of context.

Btw, I wonder who's this 'assistant coach' Wade Miller is talking to... Khari Jones? ... Bob Dyce?

So Miller is recruiting & hiring assistants for our head coach? IGF shall be The Wade Miller Daycare Centre. He's babysitting O'Shea now. #welikemike

Good call. It's not like O'Shea and the Bombers have another game on the schedule to prepare for.

Yup, because we're in playoff mode.

Are you suggesting we should throw in the towel?

I'd say our towel is pretty tattered and decrepit by now, more like let's not throw in the washcloth ...

#playoffmode

we dont even know if MoS will be back next year. So why wouldnt they start poking around? But If mos is back, he doesnt seem the type to do this sort of thing in the season. Doesnt hurt to have some one do it for him. If he isnt making the decisions him self. In years past i can remember teams like edm and mtl doing coaching changes like this right after the season in which theyve clearly been talking to people mid season. I remember MTL changing coaching staff and announcing it mid grey cup week once.

Like our reputation as an organization isn't in tatters enough now, let's add tampering to it by trying to recruit coaches off other staffs during the season. I think I know how would that play out here if we were seriously on a Grey Cup run & another team did that. We'd be livid & screaming that it's wrong & totally classless. 

Two Sides here. Penton writing about what a bad move it is that Miller spoke to a guy about an assistant coaching job. Penton does not like it by his comments. Penton is paid as a sports reporter. Penton is not responsible for any team or executive decision.

Other side is, Miller chats to a guy about being in the mix for some succession planning as anyone does when looking for talent. Miller lets his subordinate coach pay attention to the task at hand of preping special teams, being head coach, and trying for the playoffs. Miller has responsibility for many things, including hiring at all levels. Miller has substantial Human Resource background.

Do I agree with Penton and stir up material that he clearly doesn't understand? Do I applauded Miller for showing initiative?

Two Sides here. Penton writing about what a bad move it is that Miller spoke to a guy about an assistant coaching job. Penton does not like it by his comments. Penton is paid as a sports reporter. Penton is not responsible for any team or executive decision.

Other side is, Miller chats to a guy about being in the mix for some succession planning as anyone does when looking for talent. Miller lets his subordinate coach pay attention to the task at hand of preping special teams, being head coach, and trying for the playoffs. Miller has responsibility for many things, including hiring at all levels. Miller has substantial Human Resource background.

Do I agree with Penton and stir up material that he clearly doesn't understand? Do I applauded Miller for showing initiative?

It's classless. Just a ****** move if true. 

iso. What should Miller do? Would you rather Penton writes that Miller is playing a Stradivarius?

Don't contact any team during the season. The season is over in a week. If it's a playoff team wait until they're eliminated or win the Grey Cup. Play by the rules & at least have integrity. Like I said, how would we like it if the roles were reversed? As fans we would be upset. What goes around, comes around. 

Let's be completely honest with ourselves here, Miller talking to assistants is probably little more than him talking to his buddy Khari Jones, "Hey Khari you know we're likely going to have an OC position opening up eh? eh? eh?"

and once the season is over he could give a list of coaches to Oshea that were interested.

iso. What should Miller do? Would you rather Penton writes that Miller is playing a Stradivarius?

Don't contact any team during the season. The season is over in a week. If it's a playoff team wait until they're eliminated or win the Grey Cup. Play by the rules & at least have integrity. Like I said, how would we like it if the roles were reversed? As fans we would be upset. What goes around, comes around. 

If you think that this sort of stuff doesn't go on all the time in this league, you are very naive.   

Of course there is something to be said for ethical behaviour. Email messages or about working conditions would move towards a substantive evidence of ethical behaviour. On a scale Miller talking to a guy can not be stretched into symptoms of a circus as is Pentons rhetorical question. Or tampering.

All these execs, talk about compensation and other working conditions among themselves. It is not unreasonable in their small community to talk about future plans.

A casual talking to a guy during the season leads to the second coming of a notable performer at Assistant Coach, that's unacceptable?

Writing to the candidate, would be.

If you think that this sort of stuff doesn't go on all the time in this league, you are very naive.   

And you are.... what GM??? You have no clue if it does or doesn't. You just think it does. 

The concern being that MOS is handed a list that Miller is interested in.

No. A list of coaches that are interested in coming here. Oshea could have mentioned a few names to Miller.

Nothing wrong with being proactive. People will complain if they weren't.

And you are.... what GM??? You have no clue if it does or doesn't. You just think it does. 

If this was the Stamps doing it, you'd be all in favour and screaming about why Miller and Co aren't. This is why I don't take your bitching seriously...no matter what you rabble rabble about "old school Bombers fan!!11!", you're a Stamps fan first and foremost......

Of course there is something to be said for ethical behaviour. Email messages or about working conditions would move towards a substantive evidence of ethical behaviour. On a scale Miller talking to a guy can not be stretched into symptoms of a circus as is Pentons rhetorical question. Or tampering.

All these execs, talk about compensation and other working conditions among themselves. It is not unreasonable in their small community to talk about future plans.

A casual talking to a guy during the season leads to the second coming of a notable performer at Assistant Coach, that's unacceptable?

Writing to the candidate, would be.

Any kind of contact.... any kind no matter if the conversation is casual or not is tampering. That's the way it is. You can't speak to any player, coach or manager about coming to work for another team during the season for coaches or if a player is under contract. Sorry, if I want to be at least proud of the ethics & character of the Bombers. I have little else to be proud of on the field or in the standings. 

I'm not a GM, but I am a fan of deductive reasoning.  The fact that contracts can be announced within minutes of someone going to free agency tells me that clearly, the details of the contract had to have been worked out before hand.  The fact that tampering brings a whopping fine of $5000 tells me that the league isn't too concerned about it.

The concern being that MOS is handed a list that Miller is interested in.

No. A list of coaches that are interested in coming here. Oshea could have mentioned a few names to Miller.

Nothing wrong with being proactive. People will complain if they weren't.

Tampering. it's illegal & that's the way it  is. It's not proactive. No one will complain because it normally isn't done. 

I'm not a GM, but I am a fan of deductive reasoning.  The fact that contracts can be announced within minutes of someone going to free agency tells me that clearly, the details of the contract had to have been worked out before hand.  The fact that tampering brings a whopping fine of $5000 tells me that the league isn't too concerned about it.

The CFL is a joke when it comes to fines, I admit that. It still doesn't make it right & like I said, we have  nothing to be proud of as fans when it comes to the onfield performance of the team. I hoped we could be proud that we still retained integrity... This could have waited. 

The CFL is a joke when it comes to fines, I admit that. It still doesn't make it right & like I said, we have  nothing to be proud of as fans when it comes to the onfield performance of the team. I hoped we could be proud that we still retained integrity... This could have waited. 

Blah...blah..blah...aren't you on a high horse right now. Get off the cross Moses. Just another swipe at your "favorite" team is all this is about. If you are really this disheartened by every action of the Bombers then why don't you just run along to GoStampsGo or whatever the current forum incarnation with 2 members is in Calgary, and talk with Childress about the Stamps. That oughtta cheer you up.