Penton: Wade Miller already recruiting assistant coaches for next year

gbill2004

Not Millers job. Shouldn't be done during the season. Unprofessional.

You really want to leave this job to O'Shea?  His past player and coach recruitment record demonstrates that he has virtually no connections or ability to do this job well.  He is the antithesis of a schmoozer.

Halls not bad.. Bellfool was essentiallt saddled to him and tracey was a huge flop. Nobody expected him to fail as hard as he did.

Basically its all speculation including the original story. There are a host of possibilities many of which have been mentioned and many we haven't thought of.I think (speculation again) Wade is VERY worried about the effects of this season on ticket sales.Apathy is settling in concerning the Bombers in Manitoba and personally I think thats worse than anger.If Wade steps on toes either in league or in house to try and correct things, so be it.If he wants an assistant coach who can take over from MOS if we struggle in the 1st 8 games so be it.MB shouldhave been sshipped out when we still had a legitimate shot at correcting the ship.Time to push, and maybe he is pushing.

I guess the concern is when Miller was the guy that brought MB initially did that have an influence on his survival? I'm not sure I want to be a HC and have a staff or member of my staff who was recruited by the CEO. And have that same recruited coach sitting there as my heir apparent.

I guess the concern is when Miller was the guy that brought MB initially did that have an influence on his survival? I'm not sure I want to be a HC and have a staff or member of my staff who was recruited by the CEO. And have that same recruited coach sitting there as my heir apparent.

Well, you've already got Richie Hall there. I think if you are constantly worried about your assistants "stealing" your job, then you're not doing a good enough job of your own.....and now Iso and the rest go "EXACTLY!!".....but I really don't think MOS is concerning himself with looking over his shoulder. He's just doing everything in his power to win, each and every week....

Not Millers job. Shouldn't be done during the season. Unprofessional. 

What I would like to know is what's been professional about this team in the last years? 

Our way of fielding a team on the field?

Our OC finally falling out of bed at half time asking when did the game start?

If Miller were to hire a crap OC who would end up taking the heat for it? Sure not him as in this year.

Sums up nicely the reason for our offensive 'creativity'.

Talking to assistant coaches doesn't mean we want them as an assistant in Winnipeg. Maybe Miller's talking to an assistant or two (Condell? Steinauer? Brady?) about wanting to make the jump to HC next year. Maybe he doesn't want Walters or O'Shea to do it because he already knows that Walters/O'Shea won't be here next year.

Either that or both O'Shea and Walters know and approve of Miller's initiative.  It's unlikely that he's doing it behind their backs.

If it is not on film O'Shea doesn't know about it :D

It's not like O'Shea has the best track record of picking assistant coaches, 2 have already been fired and Marcel will make 3. Can you really blame Miller if he's seen enough already?

It's not like O'Shea has the best track record of picking assistant coaches, 2 have already been fired and Marcel will make 3. Can you really blame Miller if he's seen enough already?

Did MOS originally hire MB or did he choose MB because he was already here and could easily step in?

Yeah but Miller brought Bellefeuille here in the beginning and who's to say Miller didn't strongly "suggest" Bellefeuille be retained by Mike for this season too?

The story here really is more what Lawless reported that Walters and O'Shea are staying. That's newsworthy. 

That Miller is looking around at candidates for assistant coaching positions? Meh. Why the heck not, right? People complain that the Bombers are always behind the other teams, now they're complaining about this. Any notion that Miller is undermining O'Shea should be filed under "only if you can prove it." 

The most likely scenario is that Miller is gathering information on assistants and availability. There is nothing wrong with that, and this sort of casual info seeking happens all the time in sports. 

So Miller is recruiting & hiring assistants for our head coach? IGF shall be The Wade Miller Daycare Centre. He's babysitting O'Shea now. #welikemike

Good call. It's not like O'Shea and the Bombers have another game on the schedule to prepare for.

Yup, because we're in playoff mode.