Odds and Sods - Game 16 Winnipeg Blue Bombers at Ottawa Red Blacks

do or die

Chipman wanted Feb or March. Nhl wanted December. Feb or March didn't work for the nhl. Miller Chipman and bettman were all involved. There was a free press article about this not that long ago. How is miller a fail as CEO. His job isn't about the on field product. It's about off field stuff. He's done his job well.

What has Miller done? A blind squirrel could have moved into a brand spanking new stadium and sold rotten chestnuts. Nobody gets owed anything by the NHL. It is their world. The soccer deal was already done and basically they rented the facility and did things exactly the way they wanted. So hand over the keys to Miller or whoever you wanted to drive the shiny new car and see if it gets driven into the ground.

I'm always amazed at how people seem to have no idea at all what a CEO does and yet still believe that they can declare this one or that one a fail because of things that are completely outside that person's responsibility.  The win/loss record?  CEO can't do a whole bunch about that.  Sure he can fire the GM, but seeing that the CEO is not a ticked off "Fire everyone all the time" fan who actually knows little to nothing about running an organization, he's not going to give those sorts of people the knee jerk reaction that they so desperately crave.  

And as for the Winter Classic, Miller is not employed by the NHL so the good of the NHL does not factor factor into his thinking.  If he believes that the Winter Classic will hurt the organization's hosting of the Grey Cup, and the teams bottom line, he absolutely should send Bettman packing.  And personally, the more people who send Bettman packing the better, but that's another discussion altogether.

Miller is watching the product out on the field, I'm quite sure.  If he decides that the best action is to get rid of Walters he will.  But he won't do it because a few rabid "fire everyone" fans think its the perfect solution for every problem.   

What has Miller done? A blind squirrel could have moved into a brand spanking new stadium and sold rotten chestnuts. Nobody gets owed anything by the NHL. It is their world. The soccer deal was already done and basically they rented the facility and did things exactly the way they wanted. So hand over the keys to Miller or whoever you wanted to drive the shiny new car and see if it gets driven into the ground.

ohhhh....your obvious bias is showing! 

Is there any reason to believe that O'shea's roster management will improve after this season? Nine linebackers and one backup receiver!? You think he would have learned by season 2. What makes anyone thinks he will improve his decision-making in season 3? It shouldn't take that long.

You mentioned 9 linebackers (listed) and 1 backup receiver. Explain why this was a roster management no no. Serious question.
Cause our offense sucks and we are playing Stoudemire as one of our REC? Like WTF?

Is there any reason to believe that O'shea's roster management will improve after this season? Nine linebackers and one backup receiver!? You think he would have learned by season 2. What makes anyone thinks he will improve his decision-making in season 3? It shouldn't take that long.

You mentioned 9 linebackers (listed) and 1 backup receiver. Explain why this was a roster management no no. Serious question.
Cause our offense sucks and we are playing Stoudemire as one of our REC? Like WTF?

EXACTLY.

EXACTLY.

That may be a lack of depth, but if you think Stoudermire being in the game is a main cause of our offence sucking, then I have some news for you.

Is it THAT odd to play a return man in the offense? Seems common place to me..

Its not like hes been just a decoy either. He has had a few touches per game.

I think that pisses me off the most. Watching a vanilla game plan hoping for a deep ball to denmark and getting a pitch out to him in the back field. Sure defenses can play against what works but if you dont even try to let ur playmakers make plays how the hell u gonna make drives extend. I dunno what the stats are but seems like we go on to score almost all the time we can get 2 first downs in a possession. I might be wong but last 5 games or so seems that way

Now, now....according to Nichols, the Red Blacks started the game with a different look on D......this fully explains why we could not score a single point, in a entire half....in the CFL......in a must game.

Having the opposition D coming out with more than one look, is patently unfair......no wonder we have had so many crappy first halfs. 

Life in pro football....is hard.

So not having a better receiving option than Stoudemire is a problem with roster management? Sounds more like a problem with the talent level. 

so Wade's one accomplishment is having a tailgate party outside the stadium!?  Have you walked around the stadium on game day?  Tailgating is happening everywhere, and that's a culture that has been building since we moved in to the new stadium.  Miller simply wanted to try and cash in on drink sales, cause most fans that do their own tailgating are buying less at the stadium.  I think any new President/CEO could have figured out, hey, maybe embrace a party before the game... except almighty Mack!

I've heard Miller is a very arrogant boss, and not enjoyable to work for, and know first hand he's pissing off some long standing season tickets holders.

I'd say he's been adequate in the position, but certainly nothing worth praising...

so Wade's one accomplishment is having a tailgate party outside the stadium!?  Have you walked around the stadium on game day?  Tailgating is happening everywhere, and that's a culture that has been building since we moved in to the new stadium.  Miller simply wanted to try and cash in on drink sales, cause most fans that do their own tailgating are buying less at the stadium.  I think any new President/CEO could have figured out, hey, maybe embrace a party before the game... except almighty Mack!

I've heard Miller is a very arrogant boss, and not enjoyable to work for, and know first hand he's pissing off some long standing season tickets holders.

I'd say he's been adequate in the position, but certainly nothing worth praising...

Is that you Nate?

Joe Mack was not the president or CEO, that was Garth Buchko.

Now, now....according to Nichols, the Red Blacks started the game with a different look on D......this fully explains why we could not score a single point, in a entire half....in the CFL......in a must game.

Having the opposition D coming out with more than one look, is patently unfair......no wonder we have had so many crappy first halfs. 

Life in pro football....is hard.

A different look?  What, did they start 12 D-linemen?  That Nick Nolte, always out-scheming us!