Grey Cup Ticket Sales

blueandgoldguy

They won't make the money they thought that they would and that's going t hurt the bottom line. This team will be going hat in hand to the provincial government in the coming years if things don't change.

Lots of planning went into not only ticket sales to the game, but also the events during Grey Cup week, all which have exceeded budgeted expectations. The gala dinner alone will be the largest indoor banquet ever held in Winnipeg with over 200 tables sold. 

So what has hurt the football club in ticket sales to the game so far, has been made up and then some with the huge response to the festival events.  I don't think there is any concern with the amount of revenue the football club will earn, which is a big win for this organization. 

With the seating capacity at only 36,750 ish, It is a total embarrassment to not have the game sold out by now.  The blame is soley on the Bombers for sucking so much for far too long. 

I'm still going as I wouldn't miss a GC in Winnipeg. 
At least the season ticket holders that have a season parking pass get free parking for the GC.

You wonder if having to reduce the seating capacity will impact the possibility of hosting future Cups?

Hard to say.  If that ends up being the case, then what do Hamilton and Ottawa do to when they want to host?  Even if you added temp seating to THF or TD Place, it would be hard for them to crack anywhere near 35,000.

You wonder if having to reduce the seating capacity will impact the possibility of hosting future Cups?

Hard to say.  If that ends up being the case, then what do Hamilton and Ottawa do to when they want to host?  Even if you added temp seating to THF or TD Place, it would be hard for them to crack anywhere near 35,000.

Don't forget that there is a movement to make Skydome (Rogers Centre) a baseball only venue which means no football, so any future Grey Cups in Toronto would have to be played at BMO field.

They won't make the money they thought that they would and that's going t hurt the bottom line. This team will be going hat in hand to the provincial government in the coming years if things don't change.

Lots of planning went into not only ticket sales to the game, but also the events during Grey Cup week, all which have exceeded budgeted expectations. The gala dinner alone will be the largest indoor banquet ever held in Winnipeg with over 200 tables sold. 

So what has hurt the football club in ticket sales to the game so far, has been made up and then some with the huge response to the festival events.  I don't think there is any concern with the amount of revenue the football club will earn, which is a big win for this organization. 

This is fantastic news! Saw that a lot of the festival events were sold out or nearly, so we bought our TD MB Social tix online the other day, just to be sure, as that's the only one we really wanted to attend. Going to be a really great time. Can't wait to make the pilgrimage back home in a few weeks to take it all in!

Do

Don't forget that there is a movement to make Skydome (Rogers Centre) a baseball only venue which means no football, so any future Grey Cups in Toronto would have to be played at BMO field.

They've said BMO field can expand to 40,000 for Grey Cup.  Whether that is actually true remains to be seen. 

Winnipeg will be waiting longer than usual for the next Grey Cup game here.  7 years between the first two, then an 8 year wait followed by this year's 9 year wait.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's 12 - 15 years before we see another one.

With the seating capacity at only 36,750 ish, It is a total embarrassment to not have the game sold out by now.  The blame is soley on the Bombers for sucking so much for far too long. 

I'm still going as I wouldn't miss a GC in Winnipeg. 

At least the season ticket holders that have a season parking pass get free parking for the GC.

Most of the blame lies with those who determined the ticket prices.  A clear failure there.

Probably a lot of tickets in "freeze mode" for the clubs that qualified for the playoffs.... as teams get knocked out, those numbers will go back up, but I think they want to ensure there's tickets available from the respective clubs once they've clinched their GC spot.   I could be totally wrong, but I think it works that way!

As has been mentioned several times now, the team is set to make their real money off the various GC Festival events. The game is just a bonus.

Have not the CC beer gardens been fails in the past?
All the festival events are a near sellout right now. Guaranteed money at this point and the game will be the bonus gravy...