Westerman Top Player of the Month

Rich

http://www.cfl.ca/article/top-performers#topmonth

DE | Jamaal Westerman | Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Winnipeg Blue Bombers defensive end Jamaal Westerman was named a Shaw CFL Top Performer of the Month for September.

In the Bombers’ four September games, Westerman tallied 14 tackles and four sacks for the Blue Bombers in the month of September.

The Brooklyn, New York native recorded a pair of sacks against the Calgary Stampeders in Week 14 at Investors Group Field. His pair of sacks on Bo Levi Mitchell accumulated a loss of 13 yards.

The Rutgers University product recorded four tackles and a sack in Week 12 win over the Blue Bombers’ rivals, Saskatchewan Roughriders.

Westerman currently leads the league in sacks with 11 and is tied for third on the Bombers with 46 tackles.

I can't believe it.  Here we have a WBB player who's won the top defensive player for the month of September and there's not one comment.  Then you have 4 pages of discussion about a player who doesn't even play for the  team.   

It just shows we'd rather dwell on the negative than the positive.  But that's typical around here for many. Not all but many. 

Westerman's been everything we hoped he'd be. BTW: It's A player of the month, not THE player of the month. Burris was #1, Rainey #2 and Westerman #3.

That must be a mistake???  According to some experts on this site Henry is just awful and throws lots of passes that are completions but really should count as interceptions because the defender got real close.

When choosing him for this award didn't they realize that he can't play well in cold weather???  Revoke! Revoke!

Westerman's been everything we hoped he'd be. BTW: It's A player of the month, not THE player of the month. Burris was #1, Rainey #2 and Westerman #3.

That's kind of an odd way of doing it... when I heard the three names I just assumed it was Burris (offensive), Westerman (defensive), and Rainey (ST)...

Nice to see Westerman is finally getting some recognition around the league...

That's kind of an odd way of doing it... when I heard the three names I just assumed it was Burris (offensive), Westerman (defensive), and Rainey (ST)...

I'm pretty sure that it's planned that way to chose one from each facet of the game. So Westerman would be the defensive player of the month.

Yea pretty sure those numbers are meaningless and its offense, ST, defense. canadian is missing unless Westermann is double winner lol..

Did they do away with the old format of players of the month?

(edit)

They did do away with old format and those numbers are lamely relevant. burris gets 200 points. rainey getting 100 and westerman 50..

No bearing on position or part of squad. Last week two offensive players got second and third.

Not a fan of this imo.

I'm pretty sure that it's planned that way to chose one from each facet of the game. So Westerman would be the defensive player of the month.

Thought that too.. Apparently not.

They stopped doing offensive, defensive and ST players of the week/month at the start of the season. There have been weeks when there were no defensive or ST players named. Week 1 players of the week were Trevor Harris, Jeff Fuller and Drew Willy.