Gold jersey day

Bigblue204

Bombers aren't wearing gold, they are just asking the fans to wear gold.

Man, when I read stuff like this and when I see Bomber ads online, I like to say a prayer for the marketing team at WBB -- it must suck to have to run promotions for a team that's auguring in so hard it's driving fans beyond anger and into apathy.

Have to echo what other's have said regarding apathy .. I'm going to the game tonight .. taking my daughter (wife wants no part of the game) .. but I'm not gung ho about it .. honestly, even this past Sunday .. I was more interested in NFL football as opposed to a dreary CFL broadcast (especially given that we were being thumped).

I have definitely moved into apathy. Doesn't even feel like game day today. There is nothing exciting about the prospect of sitting through another one of these games, especially against Calgary.

Trying to remember the last time I watched an away game past halftime.

May have been in Calgary.

Have to echo what other's have said regarding apathy .. I'm going to the game tonight .. taking my daughter (wife wants no part of the game) .. but I'm not gung ho about it .. honestly, even this past Sunday .. I was more interested in NFL football as opposed to a dreary CFL broadcast (especially given that we were being thumped).

Vikings game was more interesting to me. I'll be primarily watching the Jets exhibition game tonight, and that game is borderline meaningless.

The initiative behind encouraging fans to wear gold is to support Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.

I'll be wearing my gold Doug Brown jersey which has been in my closet for 4 or 5 years.

Why isnt this a known thing? If this is the case then shouldn't this have been promoted all year long? The first gold day post I saw (and I follow the bombers very closely) was two days ago. Is there money being raised as well? Some poceeds of this games' ticket sales?

Very very sloppy communications, as usual. DC too busy arguing with disgruntled fans on Twitter.

I have definitely moved into apathy.   Doesn't even feel like game day today.  There is nothing exciting about the prospect of sitting through another one of these games, especially against Calgary.

I was setting my PVR and trying to decide between Jets and Bombers.  With Dateline and Blue Bloods and whatever else recording I could only pick one.  Instinctively I chose the Bombers since its a game that "matters" and Jets are pre-season but I think I want to watch the Jets more.  Maybe catch the Bombers on the late showing, if there is one.

The initiative behind encouraging fans to wear gold is to support Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.

I'll be wearing my gold Doug Brown jersey which has been in my closet for 4 or 5 years.

Why isnt this a known thing? If this is the case then shouldn't this have been promoted all year long? The first gold day post I saw (and I follow the bombers very closely) was two days ago. Is there money being raised as well? Some poceeds of this games' ticket sales?

Very very sloppy communications, as usual. DC too busy arguing with disgruntled fans on Twitter.

I definitely want more information on how this directly benefits the cause beyond just awareness.

Why schedule something like this late in the year when apathy is nearing it's annual season high?

20k in the stadium, 5k wearing gold, 4800 of those wear it every game regardless.

I have definitely moved into apathy. Doesn't even feel like game day today. There is nothing exciting about the prospect of sitting through another one of these games, especially against Calgary.

I was setting my PVR and trying to decide between Jets and Bombers. With Dateline and Blue Bloods and whatever else recording I could only pick one. Instinctively I chose the Bombers since its a game that "matters" and Jets are pre-season but I think I want to watch the Jets more. Maybe catch the Bombers on the late showing, if there is one.

I wanna watch out baby Jets to see their development!

Do they even sell gold hoodies? Jackets? It's late September and at 7:30pm. If this is done in the summer during the day people might splurge on a $25 gold bomber t shirt, maybe even a gold jersey at a discount. Or maybe a bunch of people body paint gold. More options to actually try to get this thing done right. I feel like they pulled this idea (which was submitted by a member of the cleaning crew) out of a hat on Monday and rolled with it.